Speedway buys Hess stations

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Anyone have a Hess or now a "Speedway" in their area? Hess was my spot to fill up for years and now it's a Speedway, just wondering if the fuel is the same quality as I've never heard of Speedway before.. Also, if anyone has one of these stations in their area, ask for a Reward card. It's free and saves 10 cents a gallon.

truefiveo

Established Member
Yea we have a couple Speedways that popped up down here in Dade/Broward.
No idea about gas quality its either Shell, Chevron or Mobil for me when it comes to 93 octane

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Happened a while ago here, and take it from one who hauled gas for years. Some of the gas comes from same/different terminals and their additive is added as you load the trailer depending on the brand. Serious

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Yea we have a couple Speedways that popped up down here in Dade/Broward.
No idea about gas quality its either Shell, Chevron or Mobil for me when it comes to 93 octane

Same but Sunoco instead of Chevron lol. I was actually worried about the diesel for my TDI.

01GTB

Established Member
Happened a while ago here, and take it from one who hauled gas for years. Some of the gas comes from same/different terminals and their additive is added as you load the trailer depending on the brand. Serious

You ever haul gasoline for Chevron stations? I've got an old quart glass bottle of Techroline. Was curious how many of those bottles were dumped into a tanker.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Lovely lol

If it isn't a company truck, say Sunoco, Shell, etc and just a common carrier, who knows where it came from. I'm not saying that a common carrier doesn't haul the real deal, but you need to take a look at where the brand terminals are located. FYI, I hauled gas for over 20 years.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You ever haul gasoline for Chevron stations? I've got an old quart glass bottle of Techroline. Was curious how many of those bottles were dumped into a tanker.

Never Chevron, but I do remember adding the goofy cans of additive to Amoco. I really can't remember, but I wanna say a few cans treated a few thousand gallons. Average load was 9000 gallons, unless you split it with a different grade. I wouldn't add more than a few drops if you wanted to use it per tank.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Someone told me it was three. Someone else told me it was five or six.

Just re-read your post, glass bottle? I have zero knowledge of those, all the stuff we added by hand was cans, and this goes way back 30 some years ago. Yeah, I'm old.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'm not sure this stuff isn't that old. I believe they dropped the Techroline name at least 20 years ago.

As mentioned, not sure on that stuff, and surely has stuff in it not allowed anymore, but kicked ass. Chevron injector/fuel system cleaner is my go to for issues and every oil change.

EB85

Established Member
I have one Hess near me. Does Speedway carry E85 and will they finally bring it here?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have no E85 anywhere even close to me. Used to be one place in Ft. Myers that had it, but not sure anymore.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I try to stick exclusively to Shell for my all of my gas needs. But that's just my preference. I haven't noticed a difference between gas stations, save for Sheetz. Their gas really does seem to average about 10 or 15 miles less per tank. :shrug:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Some Soeedway stations carry E85. Speedway is big in Ohio I actually just found out one of the Speedway's near me carry's E85 so I will set my Cobra up for it sometime. But for now I use Shell in it. I use Speedway on my other vehicles and it seems fine.

EB85

Established Member
Until someone starts carrying corn near me (say, 10-12 miles max), I'll stick to my Shell, too. They seem to have the best consistency. I used to use Sunoco but I would get mileage fluctuations week to week. 21mpg one week, 23 the next, 19 the next.

Users who are viewing this thread