Speed Test

boostftw05

Established Member
Is that from cell? Is so you may have a lot of interference. Try hooking your laptop directly to the incoming cable line.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

Yeah that was just from my cell, I lost the charger to my laptop and have been to lazy to order another one haha.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
$39.99 a month of awesome! I was pointed at a tower 13 miles away and it was horrible. Now pointed at a tower only 2 miles away.

Picture1.png

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Over my Orbi wifi. My service is supposed to be up to 400 Mbps.

Screenshot_20181027-081110.png

Last edited:

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
50E8AB00-3692-4105-A94B-7FACB09DBE0F.png

Limited by WiFi on this one, hardwired it’s usually in the ~950 range...fiber is fantastic!

bullitt2735

Established Member
fyi speed test hasn't been a 100% reliable way of testing for a long time. A lot of ISP's allow you to have a better connection to their test site. Fast.com by netflix is more reliable as a lot of isp's try and throttle netflix and thus you will get you more reliable result

earico

Established Member
Just retested mine this morning. No users in the house this time. Again this is over my Orbi wifi connection thru 2 walls.
Screenshot_20181028-142730.png

earico

Established Member
That's impressive, Aric. We have an Orbi at our church office.

Yeah I'm in love with this setup. You probably know this but Orbi is more of a hub and spoke setup instead of true mesh. My main router is downstairs. My satellite is upstairs but I chose to hardwire my satellite directly into the downstairs main. So now that back channel traffic isn't sent wirelessly, which means it's much faster for users linked to the sattellite. They get the same speeds as downstairs but a slightly longer ping since it's 1 more hop.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish FIOS was available here. I would jump from Cox in a heartbeat. Fiber optic is so much faster than copper wire.
Mood-Off-DP-for-Whatsapp-Mood-Off-Sad-DP-for-Whatsapp.png

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'll take my slow internet and lack of neighbors.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

That's the dream brother Smooth! My wife and I plan to leave the Houston area in 10 years and move to the family place in Crockett (400 acres), by then our youngest will just be finishing high school. Paradise in the pines! My friend Jack Daniels and I will be driving tractors all day!

Users who are viewing this thread