Spark plug gap?

cobra-k

Established Member
I was wondering bout the gap on the spark plugs. I know if the gap is to big you can experience blow out. Iv also seen a lot of guys saying they gap theirs at 0.32. Now my question is whats the difference from that to 0.26 or 0.18 why do some people gap lower than others?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not to thread hijack but im assuming when I get plugs I should gap mine at 32? mods in sig maybe swapping to a 2.76 though before I get retuned when the weather breaks. Just cant decide TR6 or TR6IX guess call my tuner? Done reasearch but do not want the stumble I hear about.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Not to thread hijack but im assuming when I get plugs I should gap mine at 32? mods in sig maybe swapping to a 2.76 though before I get retuned when the weather breaks. Just cant decide TR6 or TR6IX guess call my tuner? Done reasearch but do not want the stumble I hear about.
TR-6's & 0.032" gap should work just fine! :rockon:

Gixxerride04

Established Member
I'm curious about my gap too. I have a 2.76 upper, stage 4 port and polish, KN intake, bassani x pipe with cats. I was told hp was 478. Any ideas. Thanks in advance

cobra-k

Established Member
Boost levels & power!! ... What level are you at?

Ahh thanks Tim that makes sense. Im at 610whp 19 psi. Well was... Cobra is going in for a rebuild soon so hard to say what it will be afterwards, im assuming itll be around the same. Mine are gapped at 0.26

As for the guys asking as well, dont feel like you're hijacking. I hope my thread answers all you're questions.

Jensanity

Established Member
I'm running my pullied & ported at .028 but I'm not 100% sure on my boost level. I know I'm spinning the old Eaton pretty hard 6# lower (I think) and a 2.76" upper (or a 2.8") I really need to measure both and find out for sure. Bought the car from a car lot and was told 2.8" & 4# but when I bought a new belt after going to a 3.2" alt pulley my belt was way longer than what is shown on the charts for any combo using a 4# lower. Back on topic my tuner said my car is breathing hella air and said I'm probably around 18-19#

Jlt high boost CAI (Gen 1)
Ported TB
Welded and ported Plenum (stock)
Posi style port (may have been done @ Gearheads in Arlington)

If my setup is indeed a 2.76" & 6# lower what would you guys expect my boost to be?
I said all of this and asked questions to ultimately say I think I haf an issue with spark blowout @ .032

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'm curious about my gap too. I have a 2.76 upper, stage 4 port and polish, KN intake, bassani x pipe with cats. I was told hp was 478. Any ideas. Thanks in advance

Where are you located in Albany?

Your set-up, I'd run TR-6 plug's and gap them to 0.032" ... you should be well over 500 rwhp with that set-up!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tim's recommendation to use TR-6 plugs is great. Save your money if you're considering buying the TR6IX plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread