spare tire?

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Well, now I'm screwed. I put 315s on the rear. I can't switch wheels if I get a flat. Reason: I have Baer 6-piston, 14"-rotor up-front. Any ideas on a spare tire/wheel? The car is not a daily driver, just around town Fri.-Sat. nights in the summer.

Thanks, Mark

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Ok, I changed it. It should read 2003 Cobra......:shrug: opps.....now it's right.

Last edited:

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Just get a can of fix a flat. Thats what I did, it should work unless you get a full blown blow out.

I just leave it in the trunk encase I ever need it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
well yes you are kinda screwed donut-spare tire wise, that is the difficulty with upgrading the front brakes

the 2000 R came with a "full size" spare tire because it had the big brembos up front (a 96gt 17 inch rim iirc)

believe it or not that is why i didn't buy a 2004 z06, and why i wouldnt want a gt500 or ford gt: no spare tire

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
X3, I agree...I always have a can of fix a flat and an emergency road side kit with an air compressor and green slime in the trunk of my car...it has already saved me once...

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Thanks guys, I had to call AAA once. (took everything out of trunk to go racing, forgot to put it all back :bash:) That sucked, watching your lowed front end going up a flat bed. I guess I'll be throwing a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk. Some wheel manufacture needs to look into this and make "special" spares, I'll buy one.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I wouldn't let the spare tire thing stop me from buying a GT-500, Ford GT but I'll never buy a Chevy!! (my father retired from the Ford St. Louis assy. plant, I was there for 12 years (painter), It shut down a few years ago. to many people buying imports!)

canada cobra

Established Member
never ran with a spare in my last car (01 modified GT) and do not run with a spare in my 04 Cobra (audio system install in the spare tire cavity),,,carry can of sealant/compressed air in back seat along with octane enhancer.
04 cobra vert, whipple 2.3 at 15 p.s.i., centerforce dfx, magnaflow x-pipe/catbacks,
custom tune (94 octane).

Users who are viewing this thread