southside of chicago roll call

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
lit a fatty? I am completely anti-drug, and to tell you the truth ... when I was a Guardian Angel, I arrested someone for smoking pot on the train. I could have let him go but I'm strong against drugs.

We're really different considering you were driving in 1974 and I wasn't even born yet :p

Nothing against you personally, just my beliefs.

Since 1964

Established Member
That's right, and when you've been here as long as I have and seen all the rights done wrong in the name of "diversity" you get a little FED UP!

The truth is this country is seriously lacking in "acountability". Had the respect for that been kept we would never have had this exchange. I'm glad you busted the smoker, I am. I'm also the guy your mother warned you about, and I don't like it any more than you do. So yeah, I don't want no rightous crap thrown in my face.

Hey Mike, maybe I'll see you at the MSC or some other event here in town and I'm sure we can laugh at this ESPECIALLY after I tell you about what I went through trying to buy a Cobra from that dealer on LaGrange & Joliet Rd. You stay safe, and I'll be cool.
You don't have to be affraid of me out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

i love rc

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
Since1964 .. I'm not sure who you are lol .... you seem to know me though. I don't recall screen names.

I know I spun my Saturn doing 40MPH on one of those on-ramps once ... I-55 merging onto I294. When you said ARCHER ... the archer I know is over by me near MIdway airport .. the strip that runs from Harlem to State Street.

Mike

it seems archer between harlem and cicero is the big hot spot for cars now

Since 1964

Established Member
I don't know Jack about racing on Archer Ave. I pointed out that as you go north on LaGrange and take the Archer east ramp it's awesome. There is a long ending that let's you rip out to the tollway and you can really fly without having to deal with other cars too much. That's all I wanted to say in my original post but Mike didn't see it that way and he put on his patrol belt and told me to "TAKE IT TO THE TRACK". I have a ball on that ramp and I must say it's cool to realise the real handling capability of 03 Cobra.

hj16

Established Member
Damn guys, now thats some good bickering :)

Since1964 - Mike will get to you, his reasoning will always slap you in the face one day. Its happened to me, and as of Jan 1st 2004 Im done with driving fast on public roads. The fastest I've gona all year so far was 90 in a 75...in the Expedition. Fastest in the Cobra so far was 80 in a 65.

Too much to lose for a few seconds of bliss. But Mike isnt innocent either, I remember chasing you down I-80 to the dyno last summer..... I thought I remember hitting 120 just to keep up:rolleyes:

Since 1964

Established Member
I agree. In fact, going to the track has stopped me on the streets alltogether. I laugh when challengers blast away and see I didn't race. When I get the chance I'll crush though, eventually there's room. I didn't want this to be a pissing match but the first response really pissed me off.

By the way, did ChicagoMike have his patrol belt on while you were chasing him? YUK YUK!

Just get me another beer :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I'm not married. I don't necessarily practice what I preach ... but no I did not hit 120, not even 100. Around 80, yes. But I'm not saying I've never hit 140MPH on a public tollroad ... BUT ... I will always tell you what I think is right, just to protect myself :)

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
but no I did not hit 120, not even 100. Around 80, yes.
Hahahaha:lol:

Bullshit Mike, I was cruising at 80-90 when you blew past me. I had to do 120 to keep up. Its not nice to lie:rolleyes:

That V1 worked wonders didnt it:beer:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
You must have been in 5th or 6th gear .... I was not going over 100, I was driving conservative so no one got lost. I knew where I was going, so I decided to lead the pack.

Originally posted by hj16
Hahahaha:lol:

Bullshit Mike, I was cruising at 80-90 when you blew past me. I had to do 120 to keep up. Its not nice to lie:rolleyes:

That V1 worked wonders didnt it:beer:

79KTs03

Established Member
Hey, next time you folks are out somewhere cruising around give me a shout. I'm in Joliet and don't mind getting the hell out of town. I've been cruising around here forever looking for Cobras and can't find any. I see a lot of Lightnings though..

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by 79KTs03
Hey, next time you folks are out somewhere cruising around give me a shout. I'm in Joliet and don't mind getting the hell out of town. I've been cruising around here forever looking for Cobras and can't find any. I see a lot of Lightnings though..
www.ChicagoSVT.com

We are having a dyno day this Saturday, and another meeting the following weekend. Also look into Midwest SVT Challenge which will go down May 28-29th

GEIST-02

Established Member
I live in Homewood, the south suburbs of Chicago and my brother, ExplorerThis and my father live about 10 minutes away in the next town. My bro has a 2001 Cobra and dear old dad has a 1993 Cobra and a 200 GT.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 79KTs03

Im with ya, and the L's are always revving on my slow car...:nonono: :D

Users who are viewing this thread