southside of chicago roll call

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
we should plan a meet for spring...:beer:
cruise night / strip club? :rolleyes: :coolman:

any takers?

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by dhg1667
where in frankfort. I lice avout 5 minutes south of rt. 30 and lagrange. I have never seen any 03 except for a black one with a younger kid driving it.

On a side note a cruise would be great.
Heritage Knolls, Lagrange and Laraway.

And I'd be that younger kid with a black 03:D Were you the kid I met at the Frankfort Car show with the Green Bullit??? When I was parked right behind a Black Stage 3 Roush????

Since 1964

Established Member
03 Satin Silver that runs around Hickory Hills down to Orland and out west through the twisties. I doubt you'll see me around LaGrange road all summer though with the construction and all.

My favorite drag strip...La Grange road. You can prove a lot without truly gett'n illegal. After the summer, check out the Archer Ave. north ramp....it should be awesome at 100MPH...that's my new goal. AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
People get killed on La Grange road all the time, there are no dividers and the speed limit is already 45-50 there.

100+ around Archer? Let me know when you'll be there so I can stay away from the area. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK.

Since 1964

Established Member
The only 2 things my wife has seen on this site is Cobra Susie's offer to set up a cruise night / strip club? She just happened to see me on the MSC board and now here. WTF?

dhg1667

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
Heritage Knolls, Lagrange and Laraway.

And I'd be that younger kid with a black 03:D Were you the kid I met at the Frankfort Car show with the Green Bullit??? When I was parked right behind a Black Stage 3 Roush????

No kidding, any check your PM.

PETSNKE

Established Member
Originally posted by Since1964
The only 2 things my wife has seen on this site is Cobra Susie's offer to set up a cruise night / strip club? She just happened to see me on the MSC board and now here. WTF?

You gotta get used to clearing your browsers history, I have to all the time at work cause they've been known to check that kinda thing here after hours:nonono:

CobraSusie

Established Member
Originally posted by PonyPower
im in, maybe one of these saturday nights if it gets nice, any ideas on where to meet ?
one of the guys here suggested going to Skybox... I have been to Diamonds, and there is Club O ...so you guys decide ;-)

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I'm not one for strip clubs, but I know if I ever find people discussing what club to go to .. it's CLUB O. Hands down, the winner. Otherwise, strip clubs are a waste of money. I'd rather spend it on mods, sushi, or gambling!

Susie ... why the strip club obsession? Hrmmm!

CobraSusie

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
I'm not one for strip clubs, but I know if I ever find people discussing what club to go to .. it's CLUB O. Hands down, the winner. Otherwise, strip clubs are a waste of money. I'd rather spend it on mods, sushi, or gambling!

Susie ... why the strip club obsession? Hrmmm!
Something I do with my husband, and I think it would be a great way to bond with the guys :beer:

Besides, who (doesn't ) like Boobs?:shrug:

i love rc

Established Member
Originally posted by dhg1667
where in frankfort. I lice avout 5 minutes south of rt. 30 and lagrange. I have never seen any 03 except for a black one with a younger kid driving it.

On a side note a cruise would be great.

i work at phillips right on rt. 30 and lagrange

the saturday after next might be looking good for a meet up and a cruise. If any of you guys have a good spot to meet up, post it up, but right here in tinley or orland sounds like a good spot because everyone from south and west of us could meet right in the middle.

CobraSusie

Established Member
I will drive almost anywhere, however if I don't get this 3400 or so lb. paper weight going, I may have to the the SRT-4 :nonono:

I didn't get her into the mechanic (its not a starter) :??: :(

Since 1964

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
People get killed on La Grange road all the time, there are no dividers and the speed limit is already 45-50 there.

100+ around Archer? Let me know when you'll be there so I can stay away from the area. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK.

HEY WHAT ARE YOU A FKN EMT? YOU SCRAP'N BIKERS OFF THE STREET ALL DAY OR SOMETHING?

I thought you were way cooler than this? WTF? HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, I DOUBT IT.

It's easy to hit 100 at the end of the ramp because your all alone and on your way to the tollway. What do you think I'm doing here just casually talking about risking lives??? You trying to say I'm one of those RICER OR IMPORT JERKS that races through traffic where people like my inocent little Gramma, or wife could cut in front of my 100MPH shananagans? Come on, you spouted off too fast Mike, check it out some time, everybody knows a few places where they can really let it rip and the east bound Artcher ramp off LaGrange Rd. is one of the coolest places around here to hit the gas. Have'nt you seen the Ford Promo? You don't suppose they are showing they're favorite little spots where they can GIT IT!

Next time you get the chance just look at the brand new concrete entrance that I hope will be continued this year, but even if it isn't, I couldn't help but find out that my car will do that ramp at 85MPH like NOTHING. If I was a pro, I'd do the ramp at 100 and exit at more, I'm not kidding, it's banked that well. What can I tell you.

NOW MY BROTHER COBRA MAN, let's have some fun here, or you can be an opinionated stubborn SOB, like that mechanic at your Ford dealer that I know you want to kill, or you can write back and STAND CORRECTED, what's it gonna be MY BROTHA?

(The BROTHA comments come from the show EveryBody Love's Ramond where his older brother Robert starts hang'n with his black partners friends). Some how during this reply I couldn't help but think of you as Robert, Oh well I'm LOL at it all, hope you are too.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Since1964 .. I'm not sure who you are lol .... you seem to know me though. I don't recall screen names.

I know I spun my Saturn doing 40MPH on one of those on-ramps once ... I-55 merging onto I294. When you said ARCHER ... the archer I know is over by me near MIdway airport .. the strip that runs from Harlem to State Street.

Mike

Since 1964

Established Member
Aren't you the guy who bought your car from the dealer at La Grange and Joliet Rd? Where they destroyed your brake lines and then claimed you did it putting in an air filter? That's how I remember you.

And that piss poor excuse of an answer ain't gonna cut it about spinning off in a Saturn. You tried to make me look stupid for commenting on LaGrange road being my favorite drag strip with your comment "TAKE IT TO THE TRACK" which is why I asked if you were some sorta EMT or something.

I race ANYWHERE I SEE FIT, ALWAYS DID, AND ALWAYS WILL. Only IDIOTS do it where there is no room. If you can't have a little fun a 4 lane highway out in the forest preserves with a 55MPH speed limit then where car you? WTF?

You should here MY STORY about that dealer. You will wonder why I have not been arrested by the police there.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I bought my car from Jerome Duncan near Detroit, Michigan. Westfield Ford claims they never touched the brake lines. I'm not sure if I can believe them or not since they did brake work on my car - but I had to end up paying for it since I couldn't prove who do it since the car had "lite mods" and had been to Westfield, Hawkinson AND Rizza for multiple service events the first 700 miles. Someone contacted through here from Nebraska and told me that their brake lines were bent up the same way mine were FROM THE DEALER (factory). He brought it back to the dealer a few days after buying it and they supposedly fixed it under warranty.

I could not get them to fix it under warranty because I could not prove anything since so many dealerships and myself had been under the hood (K&N filter, UPR radiator cover). Later I found out, after driving into a hand car wash place that bottomed out my car, pushing the heat exchanger into the power steering cooler, that a radiator hose was mis routed and it was slowly leaking, so I had to pay for THAT too. Also, I removed my trunk decklid and found an extra bolt rolling around inside - it didn't go anywhere, I looked everywhere.

EMT? No. Please understand, I live in the city - by midway airport. I read local stories all the time of kids racing and splattering themselves and other people. But not saying you are one of them .... I always say take it to the track, it's the best place to go fast - and going speeds over 100MPH on public roads is considered wreckless driving in the state of Illinois. I admit I have broken the limits, but usually early on a Sunday morning. I make it a point never to drive at night because too many people like to drive wrecklessly.

Other than that, I still don't know who you are. You are really defensive, and I have no idea why. I'm simply speaking the truth and being a responsible person.

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
And I would NEVER go over 100 MPH on LaGrange road - not even 80MPH .. that is just stupid. Do you have any idea how many people are killed on LaGrange road each year, because there's no dividing median there, and people slip over into oncoming traffic???? Speed where you want, go as fast as you want ... but one day you're going to end up killing yourself and/or other innocent people.

Originally posted by Since1964

And that piss poor excuse of an answer ain't gonna cut it about spinning off in a Saturn. You tried to make me look stupid for commenting on LaGrange road being my favorite drag strip with your comment "TAKE IT TO THE TRACK" which is why I asked if you were some sorta EMT or something.

Since 1964

Established Member
If you go back and follow the posts it would seem to me that YOU jumped in and told ME where to go. Call me sensitive or what ever, but I felt judged and told what to do by your response.

It's true, I have been VERY lucky on La Grange road, (since like 1974?????) but of course now that I've had to deal with this rant I'll NEVER be at PEACE on La Grange road again. Thanks Mr. Safety, I'll be thinking of you next time I decide I want to run my car. And to think of all the times I lit a fatty first.....WOW.

It is truly amazing that I have seen huge splashes from blood spewn by the extra 2000 dear living here we can't kill, but of course they can kill us you see.

This is over, thanks for the advice, I'll try not to kill myself, much less any one of the fifty million imagrants that were on a FRKN camel, bicycle, or barefoot the month pryor, only to be behind the wheel in this country this month, because of course it's never the idiot who got in front of the speeder, it's the speeder who hit the idiot, and of course that makes the speeder wrong. It's too bad we can't count on even a reasonable amount of attention from the OTHER drivers isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread