Something new

Ryaneagle222

Established Member
I feel as if the members on the website answer the same questions a million times about terminators and I am new to the site ! How often do the regular guys on this site actually read something that they have not heard before?

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I guess it makes me feel old that I remember when the questions were new. When we were discovering the answers as the first terminators rolled off the line in early summer 2002.

I stopped following the terminator section when I got my gt500, and poke my head in on occasion. Same questions being asked, rarely something new unless its to talk about a new product.

On the bright side, these are almost old enough that people will start asking restoration questions. That'll be new.

Ryaneagle222

Established Member
Don't get me wrong I love the website and I have learned a lot of information it just surprises me that the regulars on the site keep answering the same questions for people over and over I guess they are just nice to help out

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Maybe once a week I will learn something new. I lurk all over the Terminator area and sub to topics that interest me and sometimes never even post and I just read away.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I think generally speaking people just like to help, if they can.

We all have a common love/like/obsession of the same car.

If the poster can articulate the issue in a way that can be understood, many will help out.

The search function does not work that great unless you know enough to use the advanced search with the Google option. Most of us know that so we cut new guys some slack...... Usually.:beer:

ttype69

Established Member
I like this post.... I have not been here very long but it doesn't bother me one bit that some one asks for help. We all have been there. The searching thing comes up allot but that is why I sub allot of threads so if some one asks and I know I have saved a thread that may be of some use I just post it up and say "I hope this helps". I can also understand some peoples frustrations on finding things I'm currently doing a boosta pump install and it took 3 to 4 threads to find all the info I needed do to missing details. It made me want to make a boosta pump thread and just put all my info and links to all the threads I used witch I probably will do. New topics and old topics its all the same to me.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I think generally speaking people just like to help, if they can.

We all have a common love/like/obsession of the same car.

We were all there at one time...trying to learn as much as we could about these cars. Hell, there's still a lot more I'm trying to learn and the builds go on! :rolling:

I think it's also about the discussion aspect. When we're not driving them, we love talking about them and this board enables that.

But as far as the search feature goes, well, I learned a long time ago to use google or yahoo and include svtperformance in my search as I can usually find my answer quicker than using the search function here (and it's not just this site..most of the other sites i visit have a crappy search function as well).

mvr

Established Member
currently im on here and google every day researching for my motor rebuild and 2.3 or 2.9 build with supporting mods im going to do when i get back from deployment. lots to learn, and this site has great info and members. also i love reading the other random sections like roadside, smackdown and pics/vids. i have been a member here for a long time but rarely post even though im on here often.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I haven't been on the site for too long but I'm no rookie to cars. It's funny how some of the members will know the answer and can answer it in 30 sec to help a member out but they rather yell at them and tell them to go do a search.

Zemedici

Established Member
I haven't been on the site for too long but I'm no rookie to cars. It's funny how some of the members will know the answer and can answer it in 30 sec to help a member out but they rather yell at them and tell them to go do a search.

yeah, but it does get tiring "what mod should I do next?" or "what exhaust should I get?"

I learn something new about once a week, and I live, breathe, and eat these cars, have since I was a little kid. So to learn something once a week means this site is very useful.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
yeah, but it does get tiring "what mod should I do next?" or "what exhaust should I get?"

I learn something new about once a week, and I live, breathe, and eat these cars, have since I was a little kid. So to learn something once a week means this site is very useful.

I can see your point, I just skip those altogether and don't comment.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I find myself sub'g to many threads, just for future reference.....craftmanship/creativity quite often from members is amazing.:beer:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I feel as if the members on the website answer the same questions a million times about terminators and I am new to the site ! How often do the regular guys on this site actually read something that they have not heard before?

Should have searched this OP, lol.

search_it_noobgif.gif

Users who are viewing this thread