Someone with stock 03 cobra time slips.

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
Will someone please post them up? I am talking to a guy on a local forum and he keeps saying that a stock 03 Cobra's best time is a low 13. He is a Trans Am guy and he is saying that a TA runs low low 13s or high 12s stock. I have posted a link on the forum to a 1/4 mile database for all performance cars, he still doesn't believe me. On that database it said 03 Cobra-12.9 and TA-13.4

Someone help me out, I know stock 03 Cobras eat stock TA's anyday, just need your guys help to have solid proof. Thanks

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
Ya, I found it actually after I posted this. I just needed a quick reply to post it before I went to bed.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I had a 12.89 with a 2.0sec 60ft. I trapped at 114 if I remember right. That was a long time ago!

spraying away

Tough Guy!
Established Member
SoBlue4.6 said:
I know stock 03 Cobras eat stock TA's anyday, just need your guys help to have solid proof. Thanks

I think eat might be a little over stated. A lid, l/t's, and gears will take care of that, I think thats plenty fair when you look at s/c vs. n/a
Don't get me wrong, I'm die hard ford, any LSx with heads, cam,and spray is some serious shit. Stock to stock they are not that much behind a terminator.

kilroy

Powered by Ford/FRPP/ATS
Established Member
spraying away said:
~Stock to stock they are not that much behind a terminator.
He said stock for stock & .5, while it ain't much, is about 5 cars in the quarter.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Granny shifting...
Horrible 60ft...
Milking the launch because wheel hop had been eating my lunch all night...
First time ever drag racing a stick IRS car...
YES I SUCK AT DRAG RACING!!!(spoiled by running automatics so long)

Dragslip4.jpg

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
My first time ever 13.2 on a warm day and a crappy track. I was thinking this year I would take off the intake and exhaust and go back. I am pretty sure I could get in the 12's stock in the altitude and humidity here.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i still can't break out of the 13's and i have a catback, intake and drag radials!!! :kaboom:

i think the driver mod makes a big difference...

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
12.80@109 1.9 60ft on F1's stock with the drive out tag in the window still.
And this is in a heavy ass vert. Im sure it a lil more in it also.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:
i still can't break out of the 13's and i have a catback, intake and drag radials!!! :kaboom:

i think the driver mod makes a big difference...

Yep, you are right - the driver matters. Also as the power goes up it gets tougher to launch the cars on stock tires.

I have never used drag radials so I don't know much other than what i have read here. Are you spinning or bogging on your launches?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
QWKRN U said:
12.80@109 1.9 60ft on F1's stock with the drive out tag in the window still.
And this is in a heavy ass vert. Im sure it a lil more in it also.

Thats a good time for stock.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
SVTkel said:
Yep, you are right - the driver matters. Also as the power goes up it gets tougher to launch the cars on stock tires.

I have never used drag radials so I don't know much other than what i have read here. Are you spinning or bogging on your launches?

usually i bog cuz if i spin (esp on non-dr's), i get wheelhop real bad and have to get out of it.

dont spin with the dr's - actually yesterday i got my best 60' ever, 2.040, still not great but its getting better :beer:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Keep practicing, you will do better and better.

I am sure some of the guys with DR can offer tips on how to launch, heat, Tire pressure, etc to help out.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
During the Summer when I had the Snake wearing the new MT DR's. I found that dropping to 12 PSI got all of the tread flat on the ground. The first run called for a good 7-12 sec burnout to build heat. Subsequent runs only needed a 5-7 sec BO for heat unless ya sat for an hour between passes. With good track prep I launched at 3500 slipping quickly. I did one launch at 5K with a quick drop and blew them off.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Bone stock I got a 13.44 at 110 mph. This was my best.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
bone stock with stock air filter i went 12.9@111 with 245 tires in the back with a 2.0 60ft. then with just catback, drop in k@n filter same tires i went 12.5@115.

dragon40k

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
Granny shifting...
Horrible 60ft...
Milking the launch because wheel hop had been eating my lunch all night...
First time ever drag racing a stick IRS car...
YES I SUCK AT DRAG RACING!!!(spoiled by running automatics so long)

Dragslip4.jpg

That time slip is nearly identical to my best stock time. Only difference mine was 13.006 @ 109.89

Users who are viewing this thread