gt409.jpg

2005, 1371 miles, current bid 60,100 light side damage

gt4010.jpg

same as previous car
incase the image tags dont work click these

black 2006
red 05
red 05

Those owners are really smart for wrecking such a beautiful and high dollar car.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Those owners are really smart for wrecking such a beautiful and high dollar car.

Might as well group every person who has ever had a car accident into that way of thinking too. Just because it's a high dollar car, doesn't make it any less prone to driver error, or accidents caused by others. I garuntee, not all of these Ford GTs that are being wrecked were done at the fault of the person driving it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
A lot of times these wrecked exotics aren't the owners fault. I work for a large insurance company and get to see what wrecked cars roll through in the claims. I've had a couple FGTs, a Murc with a scuffed wheel and bumper that cost $37k to fix (over $13k for the full carbon fiber bumper and over $5k/wheel), tons of Gallardos, and the only exotic I've had that was the drivers fault was an SLR McLaren who pulled in front of our insured's Civic and got T-boned.

I actually remember one of the FGTs I got was red and had a wrecked clamshell like the one in the first pic. It's possible it was the same car.

Last edited:

CFCreations

Established Member
Maybe someone has mentioned it in this thread already, but each of those cars will only be able to be titled as "salvage". IMO spending $60K + another $8K or so to fix them is money that will never be recouperated upon resale. But I'm sure people will buy them anyhow to rebuild and drive or for parts.

CFCreations

Established Member
Forgot to mention... some insurance companies will not sell comprehensive/collision insurance on a salvage titled vehicle.

Don't get me wrong.. If repaired nicely I still think it's an awesome car.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
^^ sorry but wrong.

First you can figure about 80% for value on a salvage.

2nd I've had many many salvaged vehicles and all were easily financed and fully insured.

But why the hell are we looking at a year old thread?

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
i paid in full for mine with cash when i bought mine.

WHOA!...

So im guessing the song wanna be a balla motivated you enough to become a shotcalla?

Damn must be nice... I had to finance a 2 12000 dollars cars.... And your paying cash for a FORD GT! lol

u sir are my hero

96SN8K

Established Member
This GT40 went to the bodyshop months ago for a dent only. The bodyshop owners son took it out for a lil spin. I had to tow the car back to the shop
gt40e.jpg

Last edited:

flattrack53

Established Member
My dad was at the Russo And Steel auction in Arizona and he was going to bid on a white and blue stripe ford gt with 4,300 miles. On thursday there was 7 inches of rain and 65mph winds causing two of the main tents to blow away. One landed on the major highway and the other one decided to destroy million and millions of $$$$$$ of cars.Totalling the ford gt out......:(((

bret a ewing

Established Member
Most of the damage was superficial, probably not a bad car structurial wise. As long as the body panel are replaced and not mudded. I'd buy it (repaired) for $60k.

Users who are viewing this thread