Some sliding around buttonwillow in the rain - C6 Z06

BoostedZ06

Established Member
Whats up guys, had a fun day at buttonwillow raceway monday. It was pouring rain the entire time and was a very slick, wet, puddle-filled track. This was my first wet track day, and second track day EVER. I was sketched out my first few sessions but by the end of the day was having a blast and learned a lot about control.

Here's a few laps toward the end of the day (just having fun, not going for time)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAu3jEpIL3I"]YouTube - C6 Z06 Wet Laps at Buttonwillow[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I was supposed to be out there with you in my 00R on Monday. But, with the horrible rain conditions... and the run off areas being clay filled mud bogs.... I opted to pass on the event (as did everyone else in my group). Glad you had a good time. Maybe we will see each other at another Speed Ventures outing when it's a BIT more dry! :rolling:

BTW GREAT looking Vette!

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Looks like you guys got some serious rain, and its heading our way (new england)
Love the car, more pics!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If I had your car the last thing I'd be doing is racing on a wet track. LOL!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Love track days in the rain.

Last one I did I added a straight between turns 6 and 7 on our track that wasn't there before.

Wasn't perfectly straight considering I went around about 6 times. lol

Users who are viewing this thread