some info on 03/04 maruaders

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Or, you could just step up to the Trilogy and forget about having to open up your rear axle to do gears. Or dropping your tranny to put in a converter that will take away a certain degree of the car's driveability.

Oh, and the polished head unit in Tim's pic is extra.
So are the thermal coated pipes.
And the custom airbox.
Don't forget the install labor for the gears and converter [unless you do it yourself.]

You also may want to do business with an engineering firm that has done supercharger development for the Ford Motor Company. That, by the way, would be Trilogy.

WWW.TRILOGYMOTORSPORTS.COM

Then you have to consider vendor reputation .

Game. Set. Match. [Sorry, Tim!]

Last edited:

MENACE

Banned
tallboy said:
Or, you could just step up to the Trilogy and forget about having to open up your rear axle to do gears. Or dropping your tranny to put in a converter that will take away a certain degree of the car's driveability.

And the custom airbox.
Don't forget the install labor for the gears and converter [unless you do it yourself.]

You also may want to do business with an engineering firm that has done supercharger development for the Ford Motor Company. That, by the way, would be Trilogy.

Nicely said, we could all not agree with you more!

Now feast your eyes on this..............

http://www.panthergallery.com/showphoto.php?photo=74&cat=500&ppuser=20

Nuff said, and seen.................... :beer:

Sorry to Tim, your set up is nice, but its no TRILOGY! :shrug:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:

And the custom airbox.

Oh boy chuck!

Doing the converter and gears is optional, although it steps up the performance no matter which blower unit you buy, but you know that cause you have driven Zoltan's car. And the driveability is not diminished at all, anyone can drive my car or Zoltans Trilogy to see that. So why the smoke and mirrors? Does Shakes have a converter?

If you look closer the picture I posted (which does not seem to be coming up right now for some reason?) is an older one and does not have the polished head unit. That is something I did for bling, kinda like Trilogy 100, but you know that too. Has nothing to do with performance.

Thermal coated pipes cost me $60.00 bucks total for all of em! What a pay out, my bank is broke! Also has nothing to do with performance.

The air box cost me $200.00. Got me there. But all you guys would have one too if it could fit that K&N setup you guys are all installing, yourself included, for an extra $250.00 or something like that! Right?

Isn't that optional smaller pulley cost you guys like $180.00? Procharger gives you a sized pulley in the kit what you ask for for free!

Since you brought up install labor. Doesn't the Trilogy kit cost at least $1000-1800.00 to install? $1000.00 your price or $1800.00 Lidios? Plus if you want to do more modifications, it costs even more cash in labor, like the gears and stall converter which increase performance and don't affect driveability.

Yup, the Procharger does not include a boost gauge, irks me too! But that is what, $50.00 bucks?

So lets do a comparison.

Procharger: $4500.00, Install $500.00, Gauge $50, Converter $700.00, Gears $200.00?, for a total of $5950.00 for a KICK ASS CAR! Or $5000.00 for just the kit.

Trilogy: $6000.00, Install $1400.00 in the middle. $7400.00 and keep the wallet open if you want to do more.

Jerry is doing and has done some development with Ford. Cool that! Another vendor I know must be very very jelous. But Procharger has sold thousands and thousands of Blowers that go in a lot of Ford products, Touche.

Please don't say in a come back that fancy smancy custom tuning comes with the kit, when the Procharger kit was over 2 years behind, in tuning also, and Scott Beer has finished all the touch ups within 8 mos. Everyone who buys gets the same tune I have in my car or previous owners just have to ask. Tom's tune is the same with exception of 60 lb injectors and Mass air extender adjustments.

I'm always available to play tennis, I have a racket in the closet. But in the meantime see you next week for a Beer! :beer:

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MENACE said:
Nicely said, we could all not agree with you more!

Now feast your eyes on this..............

http://www.panthergallery.com/showphoto.php?photo=74&cat=500&ppuser=20

Nuff said, and seen.................... :beer:

Sorry to Tim, your set up is nice, but its no TRILOGY! :shrug:

Hey bud, I know the Trilogy kit is a good kit. No debate there, but we have all debated this stuff before so I guess it's all for naught. In the end both kits have been doing great on the street and at the track, so thats all that matters.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Oh boy chuck!

Doing the converter and gears is optional, although it steps up the performance no matter which blower unit you buy, but you know that cause you have driven Zoltan's car. And the driveability is not diminished at all, anyone can drive my car or Zoltans Trilogy to see that. So why the smoke and mirrors? Does Shakes have a converter?

If you look closer the picture I posted (which does not seem to be coming up right now for some reason?) is an older one and does not have the polished head unit. That is something I did for bling, kinda like Trilogy 100, but you know that too. Has nothing to do with performance.

Thermal coated pipes cost me $60.00 bucks total for all of em! What a pay out, my bank is broke! Also has nothing to do with performance.

The air box cost me $200.00. Got me there. But all you guys would have one too if it could fit that K&N setup you guys are all installing, yourself included, for an extra $250.00 or something like that! Right?

Isn't that optional smaller pulley cost you guys like $180.00? Procharger gives you a sized pulley in the kit what you ask for for free!

Since you brought up install labor. Doesn't the Trilogy kit cost at least $1000-1800.00 to install? $1000.00 your price or $1800.00 Lidios? Plus if you want to do more modifications, it costs even more cash in labor, like the gears and stall converter which increase performance and don't affect driveability.

Yup, the Procharger does not include a boost gauge, irks me too! But that is what, $50.00 bucks?

So lets do a comparison.

Procharger: $4500.00, Install $500.00, Gauge $50, Converter $700.00, Gears $200.00?, for a total of $5950.00 for a KICK ASS CAR! Or $5000.00 for just the kit.

Trilogy: $6000.00, Install $1400.00 in the middle. $7400.00 and keep the wallet open if you want to do more.

Jerry is doing and has done some development with Ford. Cool that! Another vendor I know must be very very jelous. But Procharger has sold thousands and thousands of Blowers that go in a lot of Ford products, Touche.

Please don't say in a come back that fancy smancy custom tuning comes with the kit, when the Procharger kit was over 2 years behind, in tuning also, and Scott Beer has finished all the touch ups within 8 mos. Everyone who buys gets the same tune I have in my car or previous owners just have to ask. Tom's tune is the same with exception of 60 lb injectors and Mass air extender adjustments.

I'm always available to play tennis, I have a racket in the closet. But in the meantime see you next week for a Beer! :beer:

I hope you're following along at home, Cuz Tim is being kind of amusing here...

1. The picture you posted DOES have a polished head unit. Are you that blind?
2. A 3000rpm converter diminishes the driveability of any car. How you can deny this is beyond me.
3. You did not include the labor costs of the converter or gears. How convienent for you.
4. You did not address the whole "vendor reputation" thing. VERY smart of you, old chap. No sense in starting an argument you cannot possibly win. Out of sheer mercy I won't debate that here, we'll do it over a beer Friday night.
5. I have driven well over a dozen blown Marauders, all having different mods, including yours and Zoltan's. While both cars are blindingly quick, the converter is definetly noticeable. I'll let you drive my car to see what I'm talking about. To date, I don't know of anyone who has installed JUST a centrifugal blower of any kind on a Marauder, with no other mods whatsoever. DO you?
6. You are correct on ONE thing. Trilogy is more money. Period. Yet, somehow it continues to outsell all other kits by an exponential margin.

I wonder why?

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
BTW, So we can avoid another war, and since it takes me 9 tries to post here lately, I'm stepping back from this thread. It's all yours, bro. See you Friday...

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Vendor reputation?

tallboy said:
I hope you're following along at home, Cuz Tim is being kind of amusing here...

1. The picture you posted DOES have a polished head unit. Are you that blind?
2. A 3000rpm converter diminishes the driveability of any car. How you can deny this is beyond me.
3. You did not include the labor costs of the converter or gears. How convienent for you.
4. You did not address the whole "vendor reputation" thing. VERY smart of you, old chap. No sense in starting an argument you cannot possibly win. Out of sheer mercy I won't debate that here, we'll do it over a beer Friday night.
5. I have driven well over a dozen blown Marauders, all having different mods, including yours and Zoltan's. While both cars are blindingly quick, the converter is definetly noticeable. I'll let you drive my car to see what I'm talking about. To date, I don't know of anyone who has installed JUST a centrifugal blower of any kind on a Marauder, with no other mods whatsoever. DO you?
6. You are correct on ONE thing. Trilogy is more money. Period. Yet, somehow it continues to outsell all other kits by an exponential margin.

I wonder why?

Chuck, really, the vendor reputation thing was totally uncalled for. :bash: "Every" vendor has some skeletons in the closet. I'm sure. :dw: Water way back under the bridge in the very beginning. Based on the small amount of kits that this "vendor: has sold, he has bent over backwards for me and everyone I know who has bought a Procharger kit. A mistake is a mistake. I am also not going to get involved in the supercharger debate between these two great kits. Period.
It is all about choice and personal wants. My .02 worth. :beer:

MENACE

Banned
tmac1337 said:
Oh boy chuck!

So lets do a comparison.

All that said, the Trilogy is still the way to go! :thumbsup:

MENACE

Banned
tmac1337 said:
Hey bud, I know the Trilogy kit is a good kit. No debate there, but we have all debated this stuff before so I guess it's all for naught. Not really, for all those that are undecided its good to let them know which is best. In the end both kits have been doing great on the street and at the track, so thats all that matters. Appearance also matters and when you open the hood of a Trilogy car its just a much better sight.

:p

MENACE

Banned
tmac1337 said:

And Eaton has sold thousands and thousands and thousands of blowers that go in alot of Ford products and in many other type cars as well. Double touche! :bowdown:

MENACE

Banned
tallboy said:
BTW, So we can avoid another war, and since it takes me 9 tries to post here lately, I'm stepping back from this thread.

Ya, whats up with that?
Oh well, its not gonna stop me! :rockon:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
AAAhhhh!

Backed into a corner!

Manuevered against a wall!

Attacked from all sides!

I FU**ING LOVE IT!!

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
R-CODE said:
blk89sc; does the marauder i have interest u? haven't heard a reply.

L.

i sent you a PM. email me the pics, more info, price etc to [email protected]. thanks. my tbird still isn't sold yet so dont get to thinkin im gonna come by and do a deal anytime "soon". but it should be gone by new years cuz some kid is gonna offer me a large sum of money for it by then.

wildbill

Established Member
Good Looking Marauder!!

MENACE said:
Ya, whats up with that?
Oh well, its not gonna stop me! :rockon:
Menace, nice pics. Where did you get the trunk lid sound-proofing? Did you just get a piece and cut it yourself?? The underhood writing is good looking as well. What about that?? It almost looks embroidered. Where does a fellow Trilogy owner find such goodies? I just personally installed my spoiler yesterday and it looks great. Last weekend I added 14inch Bear brakes up front with the matching discs in back. They too,(if I may say so myself) look great, and work like a charm. Let mem know about you mods if you would. :beer: Thanks......

wildbill

Established Member
Trilogy is where it is at

tallboy said:
BTW, So we can avoid another war, and since it takes me 9 tries to post here lately, I'm stepping back from this thread. It's all yours, bro. See you Friday...
Chuck, I really do wish a beer could be shared with you guys because it would make for good conversation. Trilogy is a complete product in the truest sense of the word,"complete". What you are saying I totally agree with. Last we spoke the brake mod was in the planning stage, and now it is done. 14 inch Bear brakes are installed with the rear discs too. Minor set back. The original banjo-bolt was too long in the new caliper. It was bottoming out and a few, 5 to be exact, spacer washers had to be used to allow for tightening. The hole was NOT covered up by them, and the outside weights had to be moved. They were contacting the caliper. Talk about a tight fit. Looks great and they work well. Remember, this is the set up the Jerry has and Trilogy is now a Bear vendor. Enjoy, and beer at some point while shooting the s&*t would be great..........Later. :beer:

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
sooo umm back to the info on the marauders haha. weirdest thing today. well maybe not so weird but yah. im thinkin about it, day dreaming as usual drivin around and i see one at a chevron gas station just leaving. perfect timing too cuz i was at a red light. ****ing BOSS. they got htat bad ass look to it. and i love it cuz i woudnl't have to cough up like 5 grand for big 20 inch boyds or foose rims cuz the 18s stock are so money. the only thing i might think id neeed to do is get not as high a profile tire in teh back so i could lower it a lot. id think they woudl rub being 55s in the back?

also any pictures of marauders with an eibach drop kit (pro kit) or lowered mar on stock rims out there???

Last edited:

MENACE

Banned
wildbill said:
Menace, nice pics. Where did you get the trunk lid sound-proofing? Did you just get a piece and cut it yourself?? The underhood writing is good looking as well. What about that?? It almost looks embroidered. Where does a fellow Trilogy owner find such goodies? I just personally installed my spoiler yesterday and it looks great. Last weekend I added 14inch Bear brakes up front with the matching discs in back. They too,(if I may say so myself) look great, and work like a charm. Let mem know about you mods if you would. :beer: Thanks......

Thanks Wildbill, the trunk insulator and the underhood liner came from WWW.CARMOTORSPORTS.COM or 1-678-574-4298, ask for Rich and tell him I sent you. The lettering is embroidered and very high quality, available in any color you like. Rich and his crew bent over backwards to make things exactly as I wanted them. This is a great company to work with. :thumbsup: :beer:

MENACE

Banned
blk89SC said:
sooo umm back to the info on the marauders haha. weirdest thing today. well maybe not so weird but yah. im thinkin about it, day dreaming as usual drivin around and i see one at a chevron gas station just leaving. perfect timing too cuz i was at a red light. ****ing BOSS. they got htat bad ass look to it. and i love it cuz i woudnl't have to cough up like 5 grand for big 20 inch boyds or foose rims cuz the 18s stock are so money. the only thing i might think id neeed to do is get not as high a profile tire in teh back so i could lower it a lot. id think they woudl rub being 55s in the back?

also any pictures of marauders with an eibach drop kit (pro kit) or lowered mar on stock rims out there???

The rear can also be lowered by adjusting the air suspension. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread