some info on 03/04 maruaders

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
well my car is for sale, ive been wanting a 1996 impala SS really badly lately, but the impalas have something missing. i love em dont get me wrong, they have the vette LT1 or whatever, upgraded seats, suspension, monochromatic paint etc... but the dashboard lay out etc screaaaaams 80s/early 90s GM. ive always loved hte maruaders but since theyre 03/04 theyve been way more expensive. i saw one today upclose and i was converted :rockon:

i was scared of leavin the ford family but now i think ill just have to take out a bigger loan when my car sells and find me a blacked out maruader.

couple questions.
1. whats the diff between 03/04 if any
2. what kinda real life 1/4 mile times do these put down
3. whats the RWHP
4. is there a large aftermarket for these
5. reliability issues?

if u guys could help me out with these questions that would be great. :-D

MENACE

Banned
blk89SC said:
well my car is for sale, ive been wanting a 1996 impala SS really badly lately, but the impalas have something missing. i love em dont get me wrong, they have the vette LT1 or whatever, upgraded seats, suspension, monochromatic paint etc... but the dashboard lay out etc screaaaaams 80s/early 90s GM. ive always loved hte maruaders but since theyre 03/04 theyve been way more expensive. i saw one today upclose and i was converted :rockon:

i was scared of leavin the ford family but now i think ill just have to take out a bigger loan when my car sells and find me a blacked out maruader.

couple questions.
1. whats the diff between 03/04 if any
2. what kinda real life 1/4 mile times do these put down
3. whats the RWHP
4. is there a large aftermarket for these
5. reliability issues?

if u guys could help me out with these questions that would be great. :-D

If you get a M-A-R-A-U-D-E-R you will need a Trilogy Motorsports Supercharger.

And stay away from the MercuryMarauder.net site, lots of onesidedness and censorship. :-D

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I can answert most questions
1............. Basicly just minor stuff but most important colors Ext. Silver/Dark Toredo SP??? Red/Black for 04/ for 03 most of the early ones were black then Pearl Blue/Silver/Black was available. On 04's you had dual knock sensors vs. 1 for the 03's
Have traction/heated seats and moonroofs on most 04's the 03's didn't have these. And theres a few things added and taken off between the 2.

1/4th times I did a best stock run at 14.97 @ 94 MPH and with just TB/4.10's and/JDM tuned chip did a 14.503@96MPH under similar conditions around 60 degrees and similar track prep or lacking.

3.......RWHP is around 260 stock Average Don't have any idea what I'm doing now.

4..........Aftermarket is really good anything that the 99/01 Cobras/Mark VIII/03-04 Mach.I can mostly fit the MM engine tranny your restricted to the 4R70W autos on the Mach/Mark's

Reliability of mine at least has been Mechanicly 100% now what I've had wrong with mine is Dead original Battery at 18,000 miles/ and a few interior issues the dash surround for the radio was scratched and the back were the 2 spokes on the steering wheel was becoming seperated from the wheel both fixed under Warranty.

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
MENACE said:
Hi Logan................... :p

uhhh what? :shrug:

anyway thanks for answering my questions. the main things i was looking for was any KEY differences between 04/03 like the moonoroof/heated seats. i'll definately try to get an 04 if i can, id hate to know im missing out on goodies such as those haha. i love moonroofs so yeah id have to get one of those. well apparently some guy 10 mins from where i live is gonna offer me over 12 G CDN by xmas time which is what one guy had said he'd pay me by the end of october. its now nov.8th haha. so if that goes trhough then i'll be on the real hunt for one. its just a very practical modern muscle car in my opinion. v8, all blacked out with 18 inch chromies, i love the interior, whitefaced gauges, rear wheel drive train, sexy dual exhuast pipes with that nice v8 growl haha.

compared to the impala sS , its just put together way better. the interior is really thought out nicely and the rims are just money on the car. i think id lower it and maybe get thinner tires to compensate for the drop, thats all id do for apperance, and tint windows. then id save up for one of those trilogy MS blowers :rockon: (what do they go for by the way?)

MENACE

Banned
blk89SC said:

anyway thanks for answering my questions. the main things i was looking for was any KEY differences between 04/03 like the moonoroof/heated seats. i'll definately try to get an 04 if i can, id hate to know im missing out on goodies such as those haha. i love moonroofs so yeah id have to get one of those. well apparently some guy 10 mins from where i live is gonna offer me over 12 G CDN by xmas time which is what one guy had said he'd pay me by the end of october. its now nov.8th haha. so if that goes trhough then i'll be on the real hunt for one. its just a very practical modern muscle car in my opinion. v8, all blacked out with 18 inch chromies, i love the interior, whitefaced gauges, rear wheel drive train, sexy dual exhuast pipes with that nice v8 growl haha.

compared to the impala sS , its just put together way better. the interior is really thought out nicely and the rims are just money on the car. i think id lower it and maybe get thinner tires to compensate for the drop, thats all id do for apperance, and tint windows. then id save up for one of those trilogy MS blowers :rockon: (what do they go for by the way?)

Was saying hello to my buddy Logan who was here last nite.

Rwhp is more in the 240 range on a stock Marauder.
The wheels are not chrome, they are high polished aluminum.
The Trilogy SC will only set you back about 6 grand.
There were about 11,000 Marauders made, total, 03 & 04.
They were all built in Canada.
:thumbsup:

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
blk89SC said:

Early '03 (300A) did not have traction control, had pockets in the front of the seats, had a separate clock, had remote gas door release, had black valve covers, had full size unpolished spare, did not have sunroof available. Only color was black.

Later '03 (300B) had traction control, no seat front pockets, clock integrated w/radio, manual gas door, bare aluminum valve covers, space saver spare, still no sunroof. There was a transition period (pre-decontent 300B) which still had the separate clock, remote gas door, and seat pockets along with traction control and space saver spare. I believe all CDN models had traction control and also had DRL (along with metric speedo), US models did not. Colors: black, blue, silver. Some '03s and early '04s had aftermarket sunroofs installed.

Early '04 was like the late '03 (300B) except the underhood light went away and it got a short overhead console. Colors: black, silver, red (not sure at which point in time the red was available)

Late '04 could be had with factory sunroof but it was actually a subcontracted install at the factory. Colors: black, silver, red (again, not sure about what point in time color changes came about)

'04 did not have a 300A/300B designation.

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
MENACE said:
If you get a M-A-R-A-U-D-E-R you will need a Trilogy Motorsports Supercharger.

And stay away from the MercuryMarauder.net site, lots of onesidedness and censorship. :-D

Also take a look at the F.I.T. Procharger kit. Both kits make for outstanding performance and power. :rockon:

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
wow 6 G for a trilogy!
(2Marauders) thanks for that info, i was wondering what 300A/300B etc stood for haha. oh man im so syked for this car, i didn't know the production numbers were so low! theres a couple to choose from on autotrader.com, ebaymotors is lacking for marauders it seems.

R-CODE

Established Member
mine is for sale. u have an e-mail. can't go wrong with this one only 1,000 miles on stock wheel/tires, i'm presently riding on 20's.

LEO

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
blk89SC said:
the 4.6 32 valve motor, basically the same one as the 4.6 in the 03/04 cobras minus a blower??

Design wise yes but theres some other diff. 1 the 03 Cobra has an Iron block while the MM has Aluminum.

2 The Cobra engine is built by 2 people teams while the MM/Mach1 are mass produced in the Romeo Engine plant

3 I think the Cobra has forged Crank/Manely rods and 6 main bearings vs. Cast crank/ regular 4.6 rods and 4 main bearings.

If I missed anything or didn't get a few things right I think someone will correct this info.

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
Think of the Marauder 32V having more in common with the automatic Mach1 motor.

Also the trans for '04 is a 4R75W.
As found on MM.net

The 2004 Marauder gets a new 4R75W heavy-duty, four-speed automatic transmission for greater efficiency and low-end torque. Other refinements include the addition of needle bearings and Teflon seals to a new 11.25-inch high-stall-speed torque converter with a one-inch one-way clutch. The new transmission provides quicker upshifts and downshifts, and lets the driver “kick down” into first gear at a higher speed

2Marauders

Established Member
Silverstrike said:
Design wise yes but theres some other diff. 1 the 03 Cobra has an Iron block while the MM has Aluminum.

2 The Cobra engine is built by 2 people teams while the MM/Mach1 are mass produced in the Romeo Engine plant

3 I think the Cobra has forged Crank/Manely rods and 6 main bearings vs. Cast crank/ regular 4.6 rods and 4 main bearings.

If I missed anything or didn't get a few things right I think someone will correct this info.
The Marauder and Mach1 have 10:1 cr, I believe the Cobra has 8.5:1

MENACE

Banned
blk89SC said:
wow 6 G for a trilogy!

I know, its hard to believe but for just 6 grand you get the best sc for this car. Don't waste your money on other mods, all you need is the Trilogy. No other company did more r&d than Trilogy to bring the sc and the Marauder together. And if you ask me it looks better than the other kits also!

These are just my brutally honest opinions and if anyone doesn't like them, well.......TO BAD! :p

2Marauders

Established Member
Fourth Horseman said:
I was under the impression that the Marauder engine had 6 bolt mains, is it really 4? Can anybody confirm?
I believe both have 6 bolt mains, but the Marauder and auto Mach1 have 6 bolt flywheels and cast cranks while the Cobras and manual Machs have 8 bolt flywheels and forged cranks.

Another difference, the early '03 (300A) has no heated seat option while all the later ones do.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
blk89SC said:
wow 6 G for a trilogy!

Feast your eyes on this, and still afford a pair of nice sun glasses!

1229gm.jpg
[/IMG]

Cost is $4500.00 or depending on how good a negotiator you are. Install cost is usually $500.00. Add a 3000-3500 stall TQ converter for $700.00 if you want and the thing kicks ass! Bolt on 470 RWHP 430 RWTQ approx. and it comes off easier than it went on.

Sorry Trilogy Guys :-D :-D

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Feast your eyes on this, and still afford a pair of nice sun glasses!

1229gm.jpg
[/IMG]

Cost is $4500.00 or depending on how good a negotiator you are. Install cost is usually $500.00. Add a 3000-3500 stall TQ converter for $700.00 if you want and the thing kicks ass! Bolt on 470 RWHP 430 RWTQ approx. and it comes off easier than it went on.

Sorry Trilogy Guys :-D :-D

hmmm wheres this s/c out of? is there a company website? i really like the trilogy blower, gives it that whine eatons give the lighting/cobra/sc's :banana:

looks liek this one doesn't require the relocation of the alternator unlike the trilogy

Users who are viewing this thread