Sold the mustang and bought....

WIST2013GT

Established Member
This. Ive always wanted one.

Parked.jpg

454 BBC, TH350, 12 Bolt. Should be a fun car when I get it dialed in.

WIST2013GT

Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good looking Firebird. Yeah, the front end looks like it's riding higher than I'd expect with that heavy 454 BB. Enjoy it!

WIST2013GT

Established Member
Nice! She sits a little high in front for having a big block in there. Plans?

Good looking Firebird. Yeah, the front end looks like it's riding higher than I'd expect with that heavy 454 BB. Enjoy it!

Yea I'm not sure why it has the moon cruiser lift. The guy before me did all poly bushings in the front end. I have no clue what springs are in it to make it sit like that. I weighed the car and its 3220 as it sits with maybe a 1/4 tank.

I want to get it dialed in as is and just see what it runs. Previous owner bought it from a family who had no idea what was done since the father passed.

I was able to ID the motor as a 73 454 and the carb is a 800CFM double pumper spread bore with mechanical secondaries. The kick down cable is d/c and the manual choke (blade and rod) is deleted. It has a Holley street dominator intake manifold and a decent size cam. I haven't pulled the valve covers yet to see what heads. It has some yellow/gold rockers in it (looked through the breather hole) and the battery is in the trunk.

I noticed the distributor is only hand tight? Not sure what the deal is there. I'm sure Ill have to time it all over again.

I noticed the mechanical oil pressure gauge sees ~65psi of oil pressure at 3500 RPM. Ill probably have to pull the oil pan and see if the stock bottom end is in it or if I got more then I bargained for.

Did I mention this is my first carb car? Any knowledge is appreciated as I deconstruct someones project to see what I'm working with.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Love the 'bird!

I'd trade my fully loaded C6Z06 for a '69 Camaro if it was a big block and tastefully restored. Don't even care if it's not numbers matching. I've had a hard on for a '69 since well..... 1969!!!! LOL!

U.M.

bunits19714

Established Member
holley makes really reasonable priced fi systems that adaptive learn with pump you would be under 1500 I believe including the 02 sensor- hit the key and go.they look just like a carb body so know one really knows the difference unless you pull the air cleaner.

R1Lello

Established Member
Love the 'bird!

I'd trade my fully loaded C6Z06 for a '69 Camaro if it was a big block and tastefully restored. Don't even care if it's not numbers matching. I've had a hard on for a '69 since well..... 1969!!!! LOL!

U.M.

Yup - ultimate oldie for me too - '69 Z28 ONLY

crazycarlo

Established Member
Any plans to put a poncho motor back in it? I’ve been looking for a earlymsecond gen firebird or A body for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread