Sold the mustang and bought....

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice ride!! I just plunked down the cash for a Holley Dominator 3 Circuit modified by AED as their Pro Street Carb for streetability. Still a pain in the ass to start although much better than before. This is my 3rd Dominator on the car and it has probably 25 miles on it. I'd keep the carb and intake a 4150 and see if AED can set you up with a streetable tuned carb once you figure out your driveline specs and don't want to spend the cash on a fuel injection setup right now

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I agree that updated & upgraded suspension and brakes make a vintage car a lot more fun ( and safer ) to drive. But a carbed car when dialed in is just as fun as an EFI. But I’m a caveman and I prefer the simple things. :)

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
There is nothing wrong with a carburetor at all. I have tossed around the idea of putting a carbed Hemi in my 03 Dodge Ram. I get rid of relying on a computer, and things are easier to diagnose.

Carburetors look complicated, but they are a very simple component. You basically have a body that holds intake butterflies, jets, a choke, and a float bowl.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I am very jealous OP... a 67-68 firebird is my dream car! Sucks about the BBC, but it is still very awesome. Keep the carb, learn to tune it. I have a pretty damn racey 406 sbc in my monte, and after 2-3 mins of warming up(Super Victor intake with no choke), the car drives just like fuel injection.
Car seems like a good package as long as the th350 is up to the task. Check the timing, tune the carb, and drive!

sono

Established Member
Looks good, must have been reading my mind. I have been looking at anything from 67 fastbacks ,firebirds, chevy 2s etc.

Just an expensive thought for the future. I know jack about these cars accept a 632ci on pump gas with some type of holley efi would be pretty sweet.
https://blueprintengines.com/products/gm-632-ps

why settle for 10's when you can have an 8 second pump gas street car?

Recon

Established Member
Nothing as beautiful as a classic, in my opinion. Hopefully they upped the CR on that 73 454, which with the mods it has I’m almost positive they did. Buy some carb tuning gauges, can’t tell you how many times we get carbed vehicles that are running like crap because someone tuned it by sound.
What suspension mods have been done? Brake upgrade? Probably has a converter and shift kit installed.
Then if you want to return it to a Pontiac engine they make hefty stroker kits for 400, you gain almost 100 cubes.
Wouldn’t mind a 69 Trans Am or a 73 Trans Am SD-455.

Pick your poison.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Nice ride!! I just plunked down the cash for a Holley Dominator 3 Circuit modified by AED as their Pro Street Carb for streetability. Still a pain in the ass to start although much better than before. This is my 3rd Dominator on the car and it has probably 25 miles on it. I'd keep the carb and intake a 4150 and see if AED can set you up with a streetable tuned carb once you figure out your driveline specs and don't want to spend the cash on a fuel injection setup right now
Isn't an EFI setup only around $1k?

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on the setup although for the intake topper carb style mentioned in this thread, I believe they are around that price. It would make sense to go that route if you don't plan to go above the rated HP as they are typically rated for 500-600hp max at the motor.
Isn't an EFI setup only around $1k?

Users who are viewing this thread