Sold the L for "The Teal Terminator"... LOVE IT!!! (pics)

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Well I posted up about a month ago asking if those who had sold their Lightnings for a Terminator had regretted it. The overall consensus was it was a good trade. And while I loved my L and miss it, this car is badass and I had forgotten how much fun a manual trans is!

Another reason I love this car is for the color ('93 Cobra Teal)! The car actually started out as a '01 V6 and a guy locally (Aaron, ASPerformance on here) converted EVERYTHING on it to 03/04 Cobra specs. Some friends and I saw it down in Myrtle Beach, SC at Mustang Week and thought it was a real Cobra that had just been completely disassembled and painted. Normally I wouldn't have even been interested in a conversion like this but b/c I saw it in person, before it popped up for sale, I knew it was a quality job.

There is only one thing, other than the VIN (and the color obviously), on the car that eludes that it is something else. I'll let you guys see if you can find it before I tell you (it is external). Once he pointed it out it was obvious and I actually like it.

Anyway, here are some pics I took this past weekend after getting the windows tinted, adding "Cobra" letters to the rear bumper, and painting "SVT" on the HE. I love how depending on the light it can either look dark blue'ish or more of a green/teal. Let me know what you think.

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

And since this seems to have been brought back from the dead I figured I would add some new pics with the argent colored wheels. I think they go better with the color (and the brake dust doesnt show up as much :)).

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

(Page 3 for updated pics)

Last edited:

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Car looks nice, not bad for what used to be an '01 V6. The rear quarter windows are not like those on an '03 or '04 Cobra. Is that what you meant?:beer:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
10thAnnvCobra said:
The rear quarter windows are not like those on an '03 or '04 Cobra. Is that what you meant?:beer:

Yup, that's it. The windows/molding are out of a Mach I. Very subtle difference, just more squared off, but I like it.

I paid $20K for it. It came with the LFP HE and Magnaflow X-pipe and catback. I had been looking at 03/04's for a while but wasnt ready to drop mid $20K's+ for one and then I came across this one and loved the color and could tell it was a quality job. So I figure I picked up what I wanted, got something custom, and saved $5-$8K. While it won't bring the resale of a real one though, I've already had offers on it so I don't think I'll have trouble selling it when/if the time comes.

Thanks for the comments,
Ryan

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
NothinButNotch said:
Yup, that's it. The windows/molding are out of a Mach I. Very subtle difference, just more squared off, but I like it.

I paid $20K for it. It came with the LFP HE and Magnaflow X-pipe and catback. I had been looking at 03/04's for a while but wasnt ready to drop mid $20K's+ for one and then I came across this one and loved the color and could tell it was a quality job. So I figure I picked up what I wanted, got something custom, and saved $5-$8K. While it won't bring the resale of a real one though, I've already had offers on it so I don't think I'll have trouble selling it when/if the time comes.

Thanks for the comments,
Ryan

Nothing like insuring a V6 mustang w\ 400 WHP. :beer:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
mustangsvtblack said:
aren't the tail lights different too. i thought the cobras had amber on the lenses? at least the 99-01s do i know for sure

Nah, I think 03/04 Cobra tail lights are just like the ones in my car. But if I am wrong someone please let me know. I'll have to add that to the list of differences if so. :)

Teal Terminator

Established Member
And I'll probably post this up in a seperate thread but since those of you who have read the thread know the teal reference, what do you think of this as a plate, "TEALTM8R" ?

Is that clear enough? The terminator part is questionable but if I do it any other way the "teal" part isn't clear and then I'm afraid no one will get it (ie "TLTRMNTR"). At least the first way your average Joe on the road will get part of it and I hope anyone who is into Mustangs will be able to put the rest of it together. Any thoughts are appreciated.

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
damn $20K for a "fast" v6 mustang... in the end its still a Fobra and is only worth $5k ito the insurance company if you totalled it. what i want to know is why didnt the original owner just buy a 03/04 cobra to begin with? he probably spent just as much converting that V6 to one.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Didnt the guy that built that car also make a vert mach 1?

Teal Terminator

Established Member
MachME said:
Didnt the guy that built that car also make a vert mach 1?

Yes, he also did the convert Mach I. And to answer SVTcobra2K3's question, I think he enjoys making something different and told me lately he had been making cars he thought Ford should have made.

And yeah, I guess the wheels aren't "correct" either. They are authentic Ford wheels but not correctly colored. Speaking of, if anyone halfway in the area would be interested in swapping the darker argent wheels for these post up or PM me and we might could work out a deal. I personally just want to see the darker wheels on the car first before making a decision b/c I do like these but think I might also like the darker ones.

Thanks again,
Ryan

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is so awesome! I absolutely love the color. I'm sure if you do car shows/cruises you'll get a lot of questions about the color. I VERY unique car. Best of luck with it! Any more mods planned? A teal colored JLT intake (CAI) would luck sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread