Sold the cobra, picked up replacement

Luckybob2485

Established Member
I had the cobra for about 5 years, and decided I was ready for something different. I ended up selling the cobra to my dad, so luckily it's still in the family. I was unsure on what to replace it with, until I started researching the BMW 135i. It has the sport coupe stance that I wanted, it has a twin turbo inline 6, which is no supercharged v8, but still is pretty quick. Definitely a comfortable ride. I found one at a local dealership, and ended up picking it up a couple weeks ago. It is a 2010 and just hit 20k miles last weekend. I opted for the 6 speed manual instead of the paddle shifters. Here are a few quick pictures. It still is under factory warranty, so I'm probably going to hold off on the mods for now. But with a tune, intake, and exhaust, these cars are usually right around 350whp.

100MEDIAIMAG0338.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0335.jpg

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Nice car, how do you like it so far?
These are supposed to be pretty quick cars with a couple mods. How much did you end up paying for it?

Luckybob2485

Established Member
I like it a lot. Its super nice, fun to drive and comfortable. It is levels above any car i've had. I do miss the power and the exhaust sound of the cobra though. I sold the cobra for 20k and picked this one up for 27k.

REPCobra10

Established Member
:beer: Nice car, brother! I've always liked the 135i's and they can certainly be very quick with a few simple modifications. You've got to love turbocharged power plants...

98BlownSVT

Established Member
Super clean car, deffinantly not a step down From the cobra. From what I see on my favorite tv show :) (top gear) paddle shifters are for now a technology to avoid

Oman_cobra

Established Member
I love the small fast hatch bmw's truly best in its class.. But its a different experience than the cobra, completely

REPCobra10

Established Member
Nice. If I can sell my Cobra I am buying an 08 M5 in Birmingham. I have decided I am just a BMW guy...flame on

Haha! There is nothing wrong with loving other brands, brother! I've always loved the E60 M5's with that glorious V10 howl! However, I'd be a little wary about picking one up...

E60 M5 check light Vanos problem - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

There have been a ton of other issues with them that other people have claimed on that forum and other forums, as well. I know that all cars have their quirks, but if I'm going to drop money on a used E60 M5, I want to have little to no worries that I'm going to run into big issues like in the link that I posted. Problems with those cars cost big-money to fix...

Search about the issues with them for yourself and you'll see...

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
I like that there fast, but I think there fugly as hell. IMO

You know what, I used to think the same thing, but as I saw more and more of them around town, I actually started liking them. I think that they're a great all-around car with performance to spare. Now, they certainly have a different look to them that some will love and some will hate, but for the most part, I think that they're pretty sharp cars, in my opinion, of course! :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good looking replacement. Congratulations! The two cars are very different so without a doubt you've already discovered things you miss from your '03 Cobra, and things you love about the BMW that you didn't have with your Cobra. Enjoy it!

REPCobra10

Established Member
Good looking replacement. Congratulations! The two cars are very different so without a doubt you've already discovered things you miss from your '03 Cobra, and things you love about the BMW that you didn't have with your Cobra. Enjoy it!

Well said! +1! :beer:

spidartanks

Established Member

Luckybob2485

Established Member
Congrats!!

I impulse bought an Alpine white 135i last November. Ended up selling the cobra this summer too. I miss it but the 135i fills in the void quite well.

Last week I added a jb4, intake and BMW performance exhaust It's a blast to drive and listen to the turbos.

I'm not a great driver yet but got a 13.4 at 105mph 2.2 60'

Burger Motorsports - JB4 BMW Performance Tuners, Intakes, Exhausts, Wheel Spacers & Accessories - BurgerTuning.com
N54tech.com
Iaddict.com

Did you notice a big increase with those mods?

Users who are viewing this thread