Sold the Cobra! It's been fun.

divided

Established Member
So I traded in the Cobra today for a CPO 2006 MB C230 with an extended warranty. It seemed the cobra would go down or leave me stranded every few months and I'm so tired of being stuck and not having a working car or having small annoying issues. At this point in my life it just isn't the right car for me nor is it worth the maintenance. Ill still be around, just cobraless :(

On the flip side I'm loving the Mercedes. It's night and day different than the cobra. It has the 7 speed shift able automatic and drives like a freakin dream. Not to mention the service/sale from the MB dealer was amazing.

It's been fun:

Last edited:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
BIGGEST mistake of your life. You'll be back

LOL.

To each his own I guess. i went from a Honda Civic and Mercedes SLK convertible hardtop (sweet, sweet ride, but looks to unmanly IMHO) to the cobra.

I have to say, the Cobra hits the sweet spot for me.

It looks great, drives great, handles better, and goes like no tomorrow.

Still, if the car is giving issues, then it has got to go. I feel you pain. Mine had the head tick deal and now I am looking at buying new heads...

Enjoy the German engineering. they are some of the nicest cars on the road.

divided

Established Member
This is not a mistake by any means. Owning the cobra was stretching me financially and the frustration of always worrying about something was not worth the joy of the car. For now I want something reliable and nice. The MB fits the bill perfectly and I have the added piece of find of buying certified pre owned with an extended warranty. Honestly I don't think I'll ever go back to a cobra. Just not worth it TO ME.

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Good luck and nice pick up. I myself would look at picking up a 335i or even an M3 in a few years. I currently have an 05 colorado extreme that I use as my daily driver. The cobra see's the road 2 to 3 times a month for a less than 100 mile trip. Enjoy post pics of the new ride.

divided

Established Member
I'll try to get some pics this weekend for sure. Exactly like this car.

2006-Mercedes-Benz-C230-13044544-533.jpg

Dane

Established Member
Nice car, I sold my last Cobra and it took 7 years but I here I am again with another one. Enjoy your new car.

siksvt03cobra

Established Member
Sold my last cobra to get a bmw 5 series, had major withdrawl symptoms and now I have ended up with this........
24988_489992955654_854120654_113412.jpg

sorry for the shitty pic, I took it with my cell phone 2 nights ago when I picked up the cobra and it has been raining/snowing since... but to me I cant get over the cobra... It is a must have.... sitting along side the german luxury

xenodragon

Established Member
While the MB is nice, isnt it super slow? My mom has a 2005(?) and its probably the slowest thing I have ever driven

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've never heard of someone having multiple issues with a cobra. Was yours highly modded or did it have high miles?

+1, please elaborate on all of the monthly issues you were having! Was your car stock, or was it modded?

divided

Established Member
I don't need to justify my decisions for people online to nit pick. Bottom line is the cobra cost more money and frustration than it was worth to me.

Users who are viewing this thread