Sold my 03 COBRA and bought a new F-150

mj8

Established Member
It's quite a change but I needed a truck. Anybody moding out there trucks I ordered a 2" leveling kit, HD grill, HD headlights and taillights...I just can't quit modding.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I just bought a 01 screw it is sweet but I didnt have to sell the cobra to do it. Now I have to vehicles to mod my wife is going to kill me. First I'm getting a set of Helo Maxx black (truck is black) 17x9 they look sick. The truck came with a magnaflow exhaust and I just put a cai in. Next is a tune for some added pickup and better shifting.

dougwg

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Whipple has a blower for the new 3 valve engines. :idea:

So does Trilogy ;-)

And Trilogy is a supporting vendor of SVTPerformance.com

Jerry Barnes

Established Member
Response from Jerry Barnes - Trilogy Motorsports

Folks,

I just wanted to comment on some recent developments with Trilogy Motorsports and Whipple. We are an Engineering Company based in Dearborn, Michigan. Ford Motor Company is our largest customer and we have been doing business with them for 10 years. We work in all areas of Ford(Body, Chassis & Powertrain). We also handle a lot of the Supplier Integration Work for Ford, which means we deal with almost every supplier Ford uses.

I am not into trashing other people or other company's but I would like to offer everyone another option if they are planning on Supercharging their Ford's. We have been very successful at providing EATON based intercooled superchargers for the 4.6L 4V engine used in the Mercury Marauders. If anyone is interested I can give you the names and numbers of our current Marauder owners and let them tell you their impressions of our product, customer service and warranty.

We have worked on several supercharger projects for Ford before we started producing them on our own. We worked on the Lincoln Navigator, Ford Escape and the Lincoln LS for Ford, but none of these projects made it into production. We have felt for a long time that Ford is restricted in many respects in producing high performance options on more of the vehicles. This is due to CAFE standards, Corporate Emissions standards, low volumes, etc.

Our Intercooled Supercharger kits have always been Intercooled. The cost is more, but based on our studies and studies conducted by Ford Motor Company, Intercooling goes a long way making the engine last longer and run more effectively in daily driving. Which is where are products are intended to be sold, daily drivers. Our kits include everything you will need to do the installation. Our kits are currently only EATON based, but this will change to offer twin screw applications. We use the M112 supercharger on most of our applications. But, based on feedback we have recieved from some of our customers that races more frenquently we will be offerring a twin screw Lysholm supercharger within the next couple of months. These are the same superchargers that Whipple use to use until last year. The relationship between Lysholm and Whipple hit some road bumps and does not exist any longer. therefore Whipple will be getting their superchargers from another source. I don't know who, but it is taking a long time. We have been trying to purchase one of their new superchargers for 18 months and have not been successful. Also, we are a business partner with Ford Racing. Ford Racing has an agreement with Whipple and they have not been able to fill their orders due to the lack of availability from Whipple.

We will be adapting our existing supercharger kit to use a Lysholm supercharger. We have had some difficulty understanding some of the horsepower and torque numbers advertised between a roots type supercharger and a twin screw supercharger. We will be running some tests, with the help of our good friends at BilletFlow(Doug and the gang), Alternative Auto(Lidio and the gang), and Walsh Racing(Don and the gang) using our supercharger kit and substituting the EATON unit with the Lysholm unit. These companies are very well respected in this field and will give everyone their hoest opinions. Same engine, same intake manifold, same vehicle, same dyno's. We will post the results of the two types of superchargers for everyone to arrive at their own conclusions. Then we will give the customer the option of purchasing one of our kits with an EATON(Roots) or a Lysholm(twin screw).

Pricing. We have studied our competition and just want to say that we give people EVERYTHING they need to install our supercharger kits. Intake, intercooler, heat exchanger, inlet duct, injectors, hoses, clamps, calibration, supercharger, etc., etc. If people want a Tuner Kit that is bare bones, we could do that also, but that is not the approach we have taken in the past.

Also, if anyone wants to look at the contents of our kit please give us a call and we will email you the installation manual(313) 336-6135. Or email us at www.trilogymotorsports.com.

We have been running a Trilogy Motorsports Intercooled Supercharged 5.4L 3V configuration for almost a year and it runs very, very well. Some of the other well known names in performance offer a supercharger kit for this engine, but it is not intercooled, or it can't be used in 4 wheel drive or it is speed limited. Ours is none of these things. We drag race our our truck in 4 wheel drive and it has run a 14.42 ET stock with just our intercooled supercharger kit. There are videos of our running at Milan in 4X4 and 4X2 modes on our web site. You can also see our customer burnouts and some of our customers in their Marauders taking on and beating a Ford GT.

We are also near completion of our new 4.6L 3V Intercooled Supercharger. Our intent is to offer this kit with a Roots type or Twin Screw supercharger.

Our kits usually run 9.0 to 9.5 lbs of boost as standard.

I know people are loyal to brands that they have used before, but take a minute and look at some new products on the market and you may be surprised. We have seen people stick with ProCharger, Vortech, Roush, Whipple, etc. We are not saying that there is anything wrong with these superchargers, we are just asking for the chance to be compared with these other manufacturers.

And when we have finished our testing between EATON and Lysholm we will post the results for everyone to evaluate. Just like using a screw driver to drive a nail. People will pick a product based on its intended usage by the individual. And that is what we are trying to offer our customers. Some people want something that is race ready, others what daily drivers that perform well but have good drivability.

I just wanted to share some of the information I know. And there are other things I am aware of, but it may not be advisable to share it in a open forum. But, I wanted to take the opportunity to let you hear our thoughts and get some feedback from this forum.

Please don't flame me. I would like to share some meaningful information and hope it helps everyone.

Thanks a lot for everyone's time and I look forward to the feedback(I think!)

Jerry

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
will any of these blowers support the factory warrenty? will the roush blower not void warrenty?

Roush blowers don't void the factory warranty. And I must say the performance will surprise you. If you're one of the lucky ones to have Roush put one on, you'll also get a custom tune.

Be on the lookout for the new 7.5 psi kits. They're intercooled. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread