so, the cobra leaves me stranded with 66666.6 miles on it (no joke)

M4_ELITE

Established Member
was rainin all day, decided to go out with the cobra anyway... after a while of driving the abs light came on (never seen it before)... then the car didn't have any power for some reason. so i pull over, shut it down and start her up again. and it had trouble starting up, would just crank and crank but started after a few secs... btw, last week i installed an aftermarket radio, with sirius radio as well. i spliced into the radios constant power wire to power the sirius tuner as well as the after market head unit (read on forums that other car audio guys have done the same no problem).

so i drove a little further down and the abs light is still on.... pull over, turn car off, disconnect the power to the sirius tuner which is by the firewall on the passengers side (it was really wet from having the ac down there, real close to wires). so i try turning the car on, nothing cranks a little and that's it. i put the keys to acc, the radio starts resetting by itself.. after about half an hour, i put the key in and the car starts up like nothing happened. no abs light or anything.

so do you guys think i blew a fuse or something? maybe some power wires got wet from having the ac on? totally unrelated problem? my battery dying? alternator? thank ya.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Yikes...my abs light came on the other day. Nothing happened yet ive been beating on it at a show all weekend.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
sounds weird but probley related to the radio. My Lightning just poped a airbag light about 3 weeks ago for no reason and has been on since then not sure why though

metaman

Established Member
so, the cobra leaves me stranded with 66666.6 miles on it (no joke)

Your going to have to ask a qualified numerologist about that one, or at least I would. Hard to have a coincidence like that.

sassafras

Established Member
ABS light came on because the sensors got wet. Happens to me alot when I drive in the rain or after it's been raining.

Jefe

Established Member
Thats spooky, just hit this last week:

DSCI10402.jpg

M4_ELITE

Established Member
another important thing i just remembered was that when the car wouldn't start and i was stranded, when i tried to start the car all the guages like the speedo /rpm would turn the the right, and then all the way back to the left -as if i had just connected the battery for the first time. so what does that indicate the battery was dead/ or an alternator issue?????

i used a multimeter to check the battery earlier, it was more than 12v when the car is off. and around 14ish when the car is on. the eye on the battery was mostly red, and a little green. help help help

JAG63

Established Member
i have seen this happen before in many different cars ( i am not guaranteeing this) what happens is the anti theft pass key is not working properly. This can be caused by damage to the key or to the the sensor by the ignition which picks up the signal sent by the chip. If you have a spare key i would try that and see what happens.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Satan is channeling thru your Cobra. He'll grant you seven wishes and all he wants in return is your pink slip.
:pop:

40calcobra

Established Member
My abs light is on too now and that tc cant be turned on. If you figure out what it is let me know please.

Abs Sensor! When abs light is on it turns off tc and I am pretty sure antilock brakes are also disabled. My light is on also

Users who are viewing this thread