So Long SLVRBLT...

wht93gted

Established Member
Nice purchase, though id rather it have been a Focus ST or something. Not a fan of VW build quality, though they were good at one point but ex's 1.8t jetta turned into a pile of dookie quick. All the plastic hoses in the engine bay turned brittle as hell and had to replace them all. Cable from batt to alt with fuse holder melted. Subsequently later alt died. Two different plastic coolant fittings/barbs cracked in half.

This. My cousin has the same gti with manual trans.
He's had water pump replaced. Some plastic intake manifold parts. Clutch. Flywheel and most recently something with the turbo.
It's all been warranty work under 40k miles

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Haha. Good point. It's the same platform isn't it?
I'm jk btw. Cool car to mod. I looked at them at one time also.

The Beetle and the mk6 GTI? Yep same exact car essentially; Beetle just has shittier suspension setup from factory and has the aerodynamics of a brick.

To OP: get H&R SS springs and get rid of wheels for some BBS's or VMR's. It'll look so much better.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
The Beetle and the mk6 GTI? Yep same exact car essentially; Beetle just has shittier suspension setup from factory and has the aerodynamics of a brick.

To OP: get H&R SS springs and get rid of wheels for some BBS's or VMR's. It'll look so much better.

Its got coilovers (dont know what brand). Been looking at Laguna wheels (stock GTI wheels) but I heard you can use Audi, mercedes and other brand wheels too.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Not many around here, its mostly lifted trucks here haha.

60 miles from me should be good enough lol.

I accidentally sold my last Lightning to a guy that lives 7 miles down the road from me, I see it all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread