So Long SLVRBLT...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nice purchase, though id rather it have been a Focus ST or something. Not a fan of VW build quality, though they were good at one point but ex's 1.8t jetta turned into a pile of dookie quick. All the plastic hoses in the engine bay turned brittle as hell and had to replace them all. Cable from batt to alt with fuse holder melted. Subsequently later alt died. Two different plastic coolant fittings/barbs cracked in half.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Sells Lightning when gas is cheapest in 3 years and buys a ladies car......... Say's gas was too expensive.......gotcha. ;)

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Sells Lightning when gas is cheapest in 3 years and buys a ladies car......... Say's gas was too expensive.......gotcha. ;)

lol yep.

Bought it just before it was $5 for 93 and its gone when its cheap lol. Driving longer distances than before did it too.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Nice purchase, though id rather it have been a Focus ST or something. Not a fan of VW build quality, though they were good at one point but ex's 1.8t jetta turned into a pile of dookie quick. All the plastic hoses in the engine bay turned brittle as hell and had to replace them all. Cable from batt to alt with fuse holder melted. Subsequently later alt died. Two different plastic coolant fittings/barbs cracked in half.

agreed. give me focus st probably for less money too. and you are right on point about build quality. back when they did the new body style on the jetta i wanna say 2011? they cut their production price significantly subsequently making it cheaper feeling, more plastic parts etc

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member

Checked the reviews everywhere for reliability and it was very good. No transmission problems or the stuff you mentioned but it doesnt mean it will happen to me though haha *knocks on wood*

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Checked the reviews everywhere for reliability and it was very good. No transmission problems or the stuff you mentioned but it doesnt mean it will happen to me though haha *knocks on wood*

Yes this is one of their nicer cars i believe. what is it the Golf R that is 300 hp and awd? that was a quick little car and nice build quality

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Yes this is one of their nicer cars i believe. what is it the Golf R that is 300 hp and awd? that was a quick little car and nice build quality

DSG transmission shifts very smooth, it does have plastic on the dash but the interior is nice and comfortable. The plaid seats are great. I have the touchscreen and audio controls on the steering wheel version.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sorry you had to sell your truck OP. Congrats on the new car. I wouldn't mind a used diesel VW as they supposedly get fantastic gas mileage. My cousin is a mechanic and was always talking about how he got tons of VW's in his shop to replace all the plastic engine stuff that broke after 60k miles.

starnsey

Established Member
DSG transmission shifts very smooth, it does have plastic on the dash but the interior is nice and comfortable. The plaid seats are great. I have the touchscreen and audio controls on the steering wheel version.

Everything I've read about those DSG transmissions is that they're pretty kick ass. I really dig the GTI's.

And it's awesome to see people talk about low gas prices; going to be lots of brand spankin' new SUV's and trucks for sale when they go back up.

Users who are viewing this thread