So Long SLVRBLT...

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The Lightning Gods are displeased.

e1fde6d6e82bfe05f5250306cae6621a.jpg

MachJoe

Established Member
I had a 2011 mk6. Full stage 2, APR tuned with meth, lsd, a ridiculous loud clutch, and pretty much every suspension mod I could throw at it. It was shown on enkei's page a couple years ago before I made the switch. The car was an absolute blast and the TSI is a strong motor. They're great cars. Congrats and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I practically know that platform like the back of my hand.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Sorry to see the Lightning go. I like the GTIs though. Looks good with the badge delete.

For those of you saying he should've bought a Focus ST, those weren't out until the 2013MY and probably would've cost a good bit more than what he bought that GTI for.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
Nice purchase, though id rather it have been a Focus ST or something. Not a fan of VW build quality, though they were good at one point but ex's 1.8t jetta turned into a pile of dookie quick. All the plastic hoses in the engine bay turned brittle as hell and had to replace them all. Cable from batt to alt with fuse holder melted. Subsequently later alt died. Two different plastic coolant fittings/barbs cracked in half.

You're talking about MKIV years, 1999-2004. They were garbage and even the owners knew it. The MKV and MKVI are great cars and I would not hesitate to own another one and I had a 2006 GTI and a 2010 Jetta TDI.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Smart move. Enjoy and mod the shit out of it! Then post vids.

Will do in time. :)

Does it have the DSG farts? Haha. Car looks great OP, always been a fan of those cars.
Thanks. Been a fan of them, two doors are too small for me lol. It reminds me when I sat in my buddy's 80's Civic Si in high school years ago lol.

i liked your truck, but i might be a bit biased, weird :beer:

:beer: Silver FTW

I love that truck. Sorry you had to let it go.

The Lightning Gods are displeased.

e1fde6d6e82bfe05f5250306cae6621a.jpg

My truck was nowhere as cool as yours Scott haha

I had a 2011 mk6. Full stage 2, APR tuned with meth, lsd, a ridiculous loud clutch, and pretty much every suspension mod I could throw at it. It was shown on enkei's page a couple years ago before I made the switch. The car was an absolute blast and the TSI is a strong motor. They're great cars. Congrats and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I practically know that platform like the back of my hand.

Will do, thanks :beer:

Sorry to see the Lightning go. I like the GTIs though. Looks good with the badge delete.

For those of you saying he should've bought a Focus ST, those weren't out until the 2013MY and probably would've cost a good bit more than what he bought that GTI for.

What he said. I saved a lot going this route instead of an ST. Im a fan of them as well.

Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Nice car. Might look into those when my beater blows up.

:beer:

Last edited:

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
A VW.. good luck OP. I hope you know what you got yourself into. I just replaced the wifes fuel pump - not cheap even DIY.

Also all the hoses are cracking under the hood and it has low mileage.

Invest in a VAGCOM...

Last edited:

08mojo

Established Member
VAGCOM is definitely worth the price of admission. I have a 2008 GTI (was my daily when I had a Terminator, now it's my wife's daily) and had a 2012 Golf R. They MKV and MKVI are great cars--absolutely love our GTI. The only issue I've had so far is a failed coil. With VAGCOM I was able to diagnose the problem within 20 seconds, then it was a cheap and easy $20 fix. You'll be amazed how much you can cram into the back of that little hatchback.

For the wheels, i was always partial to the Neuspeed RSE14.

HandBanana

Established Member
Nice purchase, though id rather it have been a Focus ST or something. Not a fan of VW build quality, though they were good at one point but ex's 1.8t jetta turned into a pile of dookie quick. All the plastic hoses in the engine bay turned brittle as hell and had to replace them all. Cable from batt to alt with fuse holder melted. Subsequently later alt died. Two different plastic coolant fittings/barbs cracked in half.

^ THIS. I truly believe that all V dubs on US shores are possessed by the souls of evil Nazis hellbent on ruining American lives in one life or the next. Vdub nation has got to be the biggest bunch of unfathomably cocky, weird, emo douchebags I have ever encountered in my life. Being in OCMD during H20 was a horrendous experience.

However, there are those who just drive the cars and do not belong to the cult and I'm sure that is what you are OP, hopefully it treats you well and you don't end up at Volk Fest with a bunch of "bros" listening to DMB, smoking hookah and talking about Neuspeed chips and what obscure color to use on your new velour headliner.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
^ THIS. I truly believe that all V dubs on US shores are possessed by the souls of evil Nazis hellbent on ruining American lives in one life or the next. Vdub nation has got to be the biggest bunch of unfathomably cocky, weird, emo douchebags I have ever encountered in my life. Being in OCMD during H20 was a horrendous experience.

However, there are those who just drive the cars and do not belong to the cult and I'm sure that is what you are OP, hopefully it treats you well and you don't end up at Volk Fest with a bunch of "bros" listening to DMB, smoking hookah and talking about Neuspeed chips and what obscure color to use on your new velour headliner.

Besides tint and 18's Lagunas ('13 GTI wheels), im leaving it alone lol.

Thanks lol, but all Lightnings are equal in the eyes of Zeus. They are all his children. I do miss it sometimes. I'm sure you will too.

I will miss it for sure Scott, i miss the sound already haha.

tigbitties

IG: andrewharpers
Established Member
Sells Lightning when gas is cheapest in 3 years and buys a ladies car......... Say's gas was too expensive.......gotcha. ;)

lol stirring the pot. I love it
That thing with a tune will be equal amounts of fun, especially with that exhaust. DSG farts sound the best.. congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread