So I was at the range tonight.

CEV

Established Member
Wasnt in the mood to bring the big stuff so I just brought the Marlin 60. And thank god I wasnt shooting the AK or I would prob be dead. The round basically exploded in the chamber blowing it open and shooting hot shards of metal all over me and my face. Thank god I have the scope set back towards the stock or I probably would be scarred. I still dont know what caused it but **** it. Im going to bed, and thanking god I still have my face.

goodnite folks!

CEV

Established Member
its been playing over in my head for the past 3 hours. I clean my rifle every 200 or so rounds just as a precaution. I had it dismantled earlier today before I set out for the range. It was firing amazing all day, Hell I bought close to 1,000 rounds tonight and only shot about 300 cause once that happened I headed home.

and yes I do agree my AK would never fail. lol

The_Wretched

Established Member
^ +1

sorry to hear that man... an incident similar to that happened at a range by my area where a guy's rifle busted open and hit his ear... nearly took it off. had to be rushed to the ER and have it reattached..

good to hear nothing like that happened. supposedly he never really cleaned it properly and used a caliber higher than what he was supposed to.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That happened to my friend and I with an AR. The round blew out the side shooting gun powder all over including in my friends eyes. Luckily that was it though, it could have been worse.

Glad to see you made it out ok though.

Thrust

Established Member
Kabooms suck, Its good that you are alright. Most of these are ammo related. you should contact the ammo maker and document everything. If they find that their ammo was at fault, they may replace your marlin, ect.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, you were very fortunate! When you think what COULD have happened it takes a lot of the sting out of it. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread