So I may have boosted my Mustang...

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Looks very clean and makes great power.... best of luck!

Kiohtee

Established Member
You are my hero!

Looks amazing. Did you do all the install work?

E

Haha, thanks! Unfortunately/fortunately, I did not do any of the install work. Aside from basic car maintenance, I'm useless with tools and a car. Lol

E85 at 16psi on stock pump with BAP??

Yep!

Badass! These new yotes are something else.

And this is just a lowly Gen II motor!

Looks very clean and makes great power.... best of luck!

Thanks man!

Kiohtee

Established Member
If there's anybody here at Mustang Week that would like a ride, really just a small taste of what it does, feel free to hit me up. We aren't doing anything crazy though. Lol

DarkMach1

Established Member
I know turbos are efficient but that seems like an iffy tune. Local guy did a Procharger at 10psi with a DW400 and BAP on e85, made 690 on local dyno. Rail pressure was down to 48-49psi. Was told that if he wanted to do anything else he would need a fuel system.

Kiohtee

Established Member
How do you plan to get it to stick as opposed to just spinning?

I'm debating either a 305 ET Street on the 20" wheels it currently sits on, or possibly some Dark Stars with ET Streets. Either way, I'm not hacking the car up with race brakes and a lot of suspension. I'll turn it down first.

I know turbos are efficient but that seems like an iffy tune. Local guy did a Procharger at 10psi with a DW400 and BAP on e85, made 690 on local dyno. Rail pressure was down to 48-49psi. Was told that if he wanted to do anything else he would need a fuel system.

I don't know man, I really don't. I'm just listening to the advice of my tuner and builder. The tuner's personal car, the same setup except for Hellions, lasted at 900RWHP before he got rid of it for a 2018.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
The power isn’t the real issue here. That’s the least of my concern. Lol

Stock OPGs and crank gear has me a little on edge personally.

Put a balancer and the OPG's are fine. Crank gears are the only thing I'd be concerned about. But, if you're doing those, you'd be dumb to not do OPG's too.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If there's anybody here at Mustang Week that would like a ride, really just a small taste of what it does, feel free to hit me up. We aren't doing anything crazy though. Lol

Don't forget to record a speedo shot...;)

Kiohtee

Established Member
Put a balancer and the OPG's are fine. Crank gears are the only thing I'd be concerned about. But, if you're doing those, you'd be dumb to not do OPG's too.

Ideally, if the motor is still healthy by winter, I want to pull it in favor of an Aluminator. If I'm forced to do something before then, of course I'll fix whatever damage is incurred, but I'll also throw a set of rods and pistons in it. I will not, however, be turning the car up. This thing will be lethal with traction as it sits now, and it's already more than enough to dominate the streets in my area.

Don't forget to record a speedo shot...;)

A speedo shot will probably have to wait until after Mustang Week. We couldn't get a custom AC line before coming down and the On3 piece literally just finished up and starts delivering today, but I'm four hours from the house. All that is to say this; the video would be un-enjoyable based solely on the fact that the video would have to be made with my windows down. Plus, the police are pretty bad out here right now.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
The power isn’t the real issue here. That’s the least of my concern. Lol

Stock OPGs and crank gear has me a little on edge personally.
That’s what I’m saying. Longevity is in question at your new power levels. Could you decrease boost until you get all supporting mods completed?

Kiohtee

Established Member
That’s what I’m saying. Longevity is in question at your new power levels. Could you decrease boost until you get all supporting mods completed?

I can. I should probably get a boost controller first though, otherwise I'm guessing at boost levels when I turn it back up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can only imagine how pleased you are with where it is, power wise. It definitely looks near stock, so I'd imagine you've surprised more than a few locals. LOL. Nice job with the mods. Enjoy it....and enjoy Mustang Week!

Kiohtee

Established Member
I can only imagine how pleased you are with where it is, power wise. It definitely looks near stock, so I'd imagine you've surprised more than a few locals. LOL. Nice job with the mods. Enjoy it....and enjoy Mustang Week!

Thanks Bob!

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Whoa, great numbers/clean install. I'm impressed.

I really think the snout pressure on the crank is what helps murder OPG's and the sprocket. Considering belt driven superchargers drive load thru the roof and balancers carry much of that, it's not surprising people disintegrate parts nearby.

I have a feeling you'll be alright till you tear down/swap the longblock out.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
A speedo shot will probably have to wait until after Mustang Week. We couldn't get a custom AC line before coming down and the On3 piece literally just finished up and starts delivering today, but I'm four hours from the house. All that is to say this; the video would be un-enjoyable based solely on the fact that the video would have to be made with my windows down. Plus, the police are pretty bad out here right now.

I'm nearly deaf, so a little wind noise won't bother me :p

Seriously though, awesome build and I can't even fathom what a pull would feel like.

Users who are viewing this thread