So i bought the CS fog light kit

Paul.

Established Member
You will need ballasts and also a relay harness for direct 12V power to the ballasts.

If you want pure white, stick with 4300K, which is the color of the factory HIDs that Mustangs have in the premium lights.

This is everything you need. H11: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

I'd like to do an HID swap on my '11 GT with the GT/CS fogs. So if I've read correctly, I can simply order the kit you have linked above and everything will be completely plug 'n' play with no cutting/splicing at all, is that correct?

My install would go like this, right?
1. Unplug harnesses from existing halogen bulbs
2. Plug HID kit harness into the existing foglight harness
3. Mount relays somewhere
4. Install new bulbs in existing foglight housing
5. Plug connectors from ballasts into newly installed bulbs

Is that correct? Or are things different for an '11 GT setup with the GT/CS valance and foglights?

Appreciate the help.

Paul.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'd like to do an HID swap on my '11 GT with the GT/CS fogs. So if I've read correctly, I can simply order the kit you have linked above and everything will be completely plug 'n' play with no cutting/splicing at all, is that correct?

My install would go like this, right?
1. Unplug harnesses from existing halogen bulbs
2. Plug HID kit harness into the existing foglight harness
3. Mount relays somewhere
4. Install new bulbs in existing foglight housing
5. Plug connectors from ballasts into newly installed bulbs

Is that correct? Or are things different for an '11 GT setup with the GT/CS valance and foglights?

Appreciate the help.

Paul.
That should be pretty close. The relay harness will connect directly to the + terminal of the battery, but you have all the other steps correct.

Users who are viewing this thread