So i bought the CS fog light kit

badblackhemi

Established Member
If you want to wait before you order, I can take some pictures of my 4300K once I get them installed and you can see.

Are you in Huntsville right now or Stepheville?

Thanks, that would be awesome. I'm in Huntsville half the week and then the big town of Center the other half. I need to take Stephenville off my location, that's where I went to college lol

toomnymods

Established Member
You will need ballasts and also a relay harness for direct 12V power to the ballasts.

If you want pure white, stick with 4300K, which is the color of the factory HIDs that Mustangs have in the premium lights.

This is everything you need. H11: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Systems from The Retrofit Source Inc

which bulbs should I order? the H11's or the H11b's? also should I order this wire harness to make sure it's totally plug and play with my hid kit?

2010 2012 Mustang Fog Light Extensions Set H10 to H11 California Special GT | eBay

scott_0

Established Member
fwiw my DDM h11 kit was totally plug and play, so I'd imagine any decent kit will be as well......

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
which bulbs should I order? the H11's or the H11b's? also should I order this wire harness to make sure it's totally plug and play with my hid kit?

2010 2012 Mustang Fog Light Extensions Set H10 to H11 California Special GT | eBay
You have a 2014, that harness is meant for 2011-2012 cars. The GT/CS light kit includes the new H11 harness pigtails you need to splice into the current fog light pigtails. The HID kit relay harness will then plug into the H11 harness, then plug into the ballasts, and from the ballasts there will be 2 AMP connectors to plug in to each bulb.

Last edited:

toomnymods

Established Member
You have a 2014, that harness is meant for 2011-2012 cars. The GT/CS light kit includes the new H11 harness pigtails you need to splice into the current fog light pigtails. The HID kit relay harness will then plug into the H11 harness, then plug into the ballasts, and from the ballasts there will be 2 AMP connectors to plug in to each bulb.

I'm more confused now than ever.. too many damn harnesses,lol
heres a picture of the pigtails I got with my kit..
I do not understand why I have to splice anything if they already have clips??

3BDDF499-32F1-4FF9-840D-E357B3BF3426_zpsmp7uyllp.gif

64185993-7722-42AB-B104-E6A8D16E12A9_zpswu944qma.gif

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Are you keeping the LED grill lights installed?

The LED lights have a different female plug than the GT/CS lights do. In order to use the GT/CS lights, you have to cut off the female ends for the LED grill lights and splice in the new extended H11 harness supplied in the kit.

toomnymods

Established Member
Are you keeping the LED grill lights installed?

The LED lights have a different female plug than the GT/CS lights do. In order to use the GT/CS lights, you have to cut off the female ends for the LED grill lights and splice in the new extended H11 harness supplied in the kit.

so the female clip needs to be totally chopped off? how do I know which wires it needs to be wired to? do you have any pics?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
so the female clip needs to be totally chopped off? how do I know which wires it needs to be wired to? do you have any pics?
Yes, chop the female ends off completely.

Is the instruction manual in the box with all the parts? It shows which wires need to be spliced together.

toomnymods

Established Member
Yes, chop the female ends off completely.

Is the instruction manual in the box with all the parts? It shows which wires need to be spliced together.

I bought this kit from someone local from dfw50's no instructions.. he had a 2014 gt/cs and didn't want the cs lights and instead ordered the roush everything for his car.. so I bought his stock cs lights with his roush pigtails. he kept the instructions and his cs pigtails..

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

That explains it. What color are the wires on the Roush pigtails?

Do the Roush pigtails fit the bulbs?

toomnymods

Established Member
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

That explains it. What color are the wires on the Roush pigtails?

Do the Roush pigtails fit the bulbs?

solid black and light tan..
the h11 plugs into the bulbs I don't know what the other weird connector plugs into.. look at my pics above I took pics of the harness

trevnut

Established Member
The harness in your link is wrong.

The harness in your hand is correct.

Where did you get the harness in your hand? I would like a part number or something for future reference.

Unplug the led fog light and plug it into the harness in your hand. Then plug the other end into the CS fog light.

Last edited:

toomnymods

Established Member
The harness in your link is wrong.

The harness in your hand is correct.

Where did you get the harness in your hand? I would like a part number or something for future reference.

Unplug the led fog light and plug it into the harness in your hand. Then plug the other end into the CS fog light.

cool was hoping I wouldn't have to do any splicing. it came straight from roush with their foglight kit. I received it when I bought this guys cs fog lights and he just reused his cs wire harness on his vehicle to go into the roush foglights.

heres the part number on the sticker
1313-15a211-aa wire harness revision A manufactured 8/28/13

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Those 2 ends are on one connector? If so, then trevnut is right. I didn't realize those were two ends of one harness.

toomnymods

Established Member
Those 2 ends are on one connector? If so, then trevnut is right. I didn't realize those were two ends of one harness.

5E0F17A2-9EDB-4BDE-A9E8-CD0BC2C1ADEC_zpsx2pdzclh.gif

yep it was totally plug and play.. I just installed my CDC fog delete grille and that harness from roush definatly requires no splicing.. probably order my hid kit on Friday as I have a roush hi flow lower grille delete coming as well. Might wait to install fog till this weekend cause with the car lowered its such a pain to work on and I don't have a jack for lowered vehicles.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
5E0F17A2-9EDB-4BDE-A9E8-CD0BC2C1ADEC_zpsx2pdzclh.gif

yep it was totally plug and play.. I just installed my CDC fog delete grille and that harness from roush definatly requires no splicing.. probably order my hid kit on Friday as I have a roush hi flow lower grille delete coming as well. Might wait to install fog till this weekend cause with the car lowered its such a pain to work on and I don't have a jack for lowered vehicles.

I'm glad the kit was straight plug and play, because the one I bought wasn't. Haha

If I get some time in the next weekend, maybe a small mod day and both of has can install the HIDs. I have a low pro jack, ramps, and stands, and you have a driveway. And live in Arlington. Haha

toomnymods

Established Member
I'm glad the kit was straight plug and play, because the one I bought wasn't. Haha

If I get some time in the next weekend, maybe a small mod day and both of has can install the HIDs. I have a low pro jack, ramps, and stands, and you have a driveway. And live in Arlington. Haha

sounds good.. my driveway wouldn't be safe at all, it slants down pretty bad but we could do in my garage.. im not ordering the hids till Friday so be lucky to get them by the following Friday.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
sounds good.. my driveway wouldn't be safe at all, it slants down pretty bad but we could do in my garage.. im not ordering the hids till Friday so be lucky to get them by the following Friday.

Give me a shout when you plan to try and get it done and I'll see if I'm free to lend a hand

Users who are viewing this thread