So I bought a 98' Contour SVT......

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
^^don't take it in to Aamco to get 3rd gear fixed..they don't fix it right, grinds again after 2 days, then they tell you that nothing is wrong. They'll tell you that you are speed shifting it, not letting the revs match with the wheel speed, aren't synchros used to keep from grinding?

sleepysvt98

Established Member
^^don't take it in to Aamco to get 3rd gear fixed..they don't fix it right, grinds again after 2 days, then they tell you that nothing is wrong. They'll tell you that you are speed shifting it, not letting the revs match with the wheel speed, aren't synchros used to keep from grinding?

**** Aamco! They had my 1st CSVT for well over 45 days trying to repair it and only made things worse. As far as the SHO vs CSVT thing, I've owned both I honestly feel the SHO is the faster car stock vs stock, however the SVT will hand it the SHO it's ass with a few curves thrown in the mix.

Avenger

Established Member
Just so you know a 98' Mustang GT isn't fast either.......

Good thing you're telling me, I never realized that ! :loser:

Just wanted to put things in perspective. I know CSVT are slow by today's standards but they weren't that bad back in the day. ;-)

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
I bought a 78K mile, all stock CSVT back in September as a daily driver/winter beater and I love it. It's peppy over a certain RPM and I love the way it handles. I never see any others on the road either. Very uncommon car. Paid $5K for it and it's in great shape. I basically drive that in the winter when the weather is not so nice; in the summer I have my '03 Cobra and '86 Mustang GT... :)

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
**** Aamco! They had my 1st CSVT for well over 45 days trying to repair it and only made things worse. As far as the SHO vs CSVT thing, I've owned both I honestly feel the SHO is the faster car stock vs stock, however the SVT will hand it the SHO it's ass with a few curves thrown in the mix.

Agreed. I've had three SHO's(89, 92 5sp, and 93 Auto) and two CSVT's, both black on blue 98 1st gens. Both the manual SHO's felt much stronger and pulled harder up top. The 93 auto was pure turd. Nice car, but didn't feel like an SHO. When it comes to stopping or turning the SHO was well a Taurus, CSVT would easily loose one in the twisties.

Also had a 98 GT auto. Exwifes, bonestock, went 15.00 @ 89 at HRP FFW, in 1998. I had brought my 94 GT vert, with 3.55's, Flowmaster catback, Cobra intake, CAI, and pullies and that turd only went 14.3 @ 95. So, speed is relative.

ryanblacksvt

Established Member
I have had my csvt for almost 6 years now and still love it as much as the day I got it, soo much I am getting another one, but that one is FAR from stock!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread