So I bought a 98' Contour SVT......

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Yeah, haha. My buddy sent me a link to a listing for one with a "bad trans." I said what the hell, I am in the business and it is a SVT. :shrug: I called the guy and offered him half his asking price. Well he took it and I picked it up last Thursday. Car didn't move and had a lot of slop in the shifter. I did some research before picking the car up. When I got it to my shop I took the shift tower out and found a broken bolt. :D Replaced the bolt and was driving it that same night! It does have the infamous third gear grind though. I have to say though, I have put a couple hundred miles on this thing so far and I kinda like it. It is the perfect beater. Yeah it's slow, well really slow but that's ok. I still haven't decided if I am gonna keep it or flip it. Until I decide, it's my new daily driver. It was funny, yesterday I picked up a 42" Sharp Aquos, the TV in the back of the car was worth more than the car, a lot more than I paid for it at least. :lol:
I'll post some pictures later. It is Silver with the Blue leather. -Mat-

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think you guys should go back and actually read about the car before you start dissing it. The SVT Contour was awesome for its day, and beat out alot of higher priced cars. Yeah, with today's standards its a turd...

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
My friend got one of those. He was heartbroken to find that my Grand Am beater is faster ha. Good job hustlin. How many miles?

nhancedsvt

Established Member
I used to have one and loved it. It was fast enough to get in trouble with and have some fun. Top speed that thing would move to be a 4 door 6 cylinder!

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Chris, what size are you looking for>??? CompUSA here is going out of business. I got it for $1350 plus taxes. 25% off a $1800 list. By far the cheapest I found while looking. I think they had one bigger there if you wanted bigger.

CSD

Banned
Chris, what size are you looking for>??? CompUSA here is going out of business. I got it for $1350 plus taxes. 25% off a $1800 list. By far the cheapest I found while looking. I think they had one bigger there if you wanted bigger.

The 42 inch, I priced it at Best Buy plus I have a $100 gift card from Christmas to use towards it. That's a good deal you got there!

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I think if you purchase it at Best Buy you will get a free Blue Ray player. I think I missed out on that. I will just buy a PS3 I guess>???

AMD[H]unter

Banned
I think you guys should go back and actually read about the car before you start dissing it. The SVT Contour was awesome for its day, and beat out alot of higher priced cars. Yeah, with today's standards its a turd...

Defensive, much? Go back and actually read his post. He didn't dis it.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Contour017a.jpg

Contour021a.jpg

Contour013a.jpg

So who wants to buy it>???

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
I love mine..especially the E0 wheels..they're unique. Do some mods to it, its not too bad for what you pay. And what Grand Am was faster, I just smoked one of the newer Ram Air ones...auto vs. 5spd.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Yeah, haha. My buddy sent me a link to a listing for one with a "bad trans." I said what the hell, I am in the business and it is a SVT. :shrug: I called the guy and offered him half his asking price. Well he took it and I picked it up last Thursday. Car didn't move and had a lot of slop in the shifter. I did some research before picking the car up. When I got it to my shop I took the shift tower out and found a broken bolt. :D Replaced the bolt and was driving it that same night! It does have the infamous third gear grind though. I have to say though, I have put a couple hundred miles on this thing so far and I kinda like it. It is the perfect beater. Yeah it's slow, well really slow but that's ok. I still haven't decided if I am gonna keep it or flip it. Until I decide, it's my new daily driver. It was funny, yesterday I picked up a 42" Sharp Aquos, the TV in the back of the car was worth more than the car, a lot more than I paid for it at least. :lol:
I'll post some pictures later. It is Silver with the Blue leather. -Mat-

MOVED:wf::bash::wf:

brapple

Established Member
I hope you found the rest of the bolt in the mtx before driving it or you could be looking at alot of trouble in the future ....

how quickly people forget that in 98 when it came out it was the only 4 door with ~200 hp and for half the price of the competative BMW or Audi it was very competative ...

Users who are viewing this thread