So how was RA???

svtguy

Established Member
Originally posted by ragansrcobra99
(takes the straw out of my teeth, and thumbs the overalls)
paul, who you callin' a hillbilly?:D

glad everyone liked the ribs

(squares the John Deere hat on my head, and wanders off barefoot)

LMAO

Paul

Cobra-R

Established Member
I agree, they were some of the best ribs I have ever tasted!! Thanks again, Steve. :D

We won't say anything about your grill lighting skills. LOL

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
see, down here, propane is used to heat our trailers, charcoal is used to cook food. lighting that damn thing was just a tad bit confusing for this backwoods boy....:D

Cobra-R

Established Member
see, down here, propane is used to heat our trailers, charcoal is used to cook food. lighting that damn thing was just a tad bit confusing for this backwoods boy....:D

I can see now how that could be confusing then. :D

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
I agree, they were some of the best ribs I have ever tasted!! Thanks again, Steve. :D

Amen on the ribs!

Lighting skills? Where?!? ROTFLMAO

Hey Paul, did you ever polish those butt prints out of your car? :D

JoeJ

Established Member
Road America

Hey guys,

Well, I finally made it home. I stopped off at Topeka KS to attend the National Solo 2 event. However, due to the problems in New York, they closed the Air Force base where the event was being held. I loaded up everything and came on home.

Man on Man, RA is some kind of a track. I had a great time even tho I had problems with my ABS system. Hmmm. No ABS in the wet is not good. LOL. However, there was a bonus. I received the trophy for the slowest Cobra R. LOL. Just what I wanted to receive.

The event was great and it sure was nice to meet all the great guys who were there. I am going to put this event on my schedule for next year for sure. I really think the Cobra R should run down in the 2.45 range once I learn the track.

I will be at the SCAT event at Motor Sports Ranch the first week in Oct and then up to the PCA event at Hallet.

PS:
The Ford dealer in New Holstein WI is great. They fixed up my ABS bleed problem and the clutch problem that Kevin had. If a person wants to buy a performance Mustang, that is the place to go. Great service and good prices.

Later,

Andy M

Established Member
Joe,

Good to hear you made it back in one piece! :D

I installed racing harnesses in my R today. Man, they look good. Bright red with black lettering!! :rolling:

Houston Performance is getting my diff cooler in next week as well as one of those black front strut tower braces from Kenny Brown. I also got my gauge pod and the gauges in. I also bought a new set of R rims with some BFG KDW tires on them. Although they are not nearly as sticky as the KD's, they will last alot longer on the street. I will simply put on the other rims (with a brand new set of KD's on them) when I am going to a track event.

Man, the R is almost ready for an inaugural run at TWS??!! I will be going out there with my BMW car club buddies in October. I'll let you know when, in case you would like to join in the fun?!

Later...

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I thought RA was great!!! I really enjoyed talking to all you guys, I wish I could have spent more time with you all!!!!

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M

Joe,

How did the brakes hold up?? What kind of problems did you encounter? Hope the R is fine?

Kevin, what problems did you encounter?

Glad to hear you guys had fun and everyone is ok! including the R's!! ;)

my fork wasn't bar-b-q'd.

the fork was banging into the pressure plate. the mechanic at loyal ford welded two washers together and then welded them into the bell housing. it worked great. unfortuantly, i lost all but one run group on friday (and it was when the problem cropped up) and then two laps more. saturday i got four timed runs in.

but i'll be back next year.

kevin

Originally posted by Dean99CobraV
Hey, nice picture. I look like a beaver! LOL Must have been the moonshine bar-b-que sauce on those ribs. :r:

LMAO

must have been those plastic forks steve was feeding ya (look at the pic).:D :D

kevin

Re: Cobra R's

Originally posted by R-CODE
Wow that looks like so much fun! Was there good competition out there for ya. How many R - Model were there, and who owns the '00R with the #8 that car sounds sweet is that stock exhaust? And Dean what type of exhaust do you have? Can't wait to see the rest of the photos of members and their rides. I just got so many questions; were there any magazine editors, how may R's, tell us all your experiences....Thanks Leo C.

detroit isn't too far from ra. next year come see and hear for yourself.:D

kevin

(takes the straw out of my teeth, and thumbs the overalls)
paul, who you callin' a hillbilly?:D

glad everyone liked the ribs

(squares the John Deere hat on my head, and wanders off barefoot)

:D :D :D

ROFLMAOCMEWSSP

the reast of you should have SEEN this one.

btw, i thot it was a "blue holland" hat

kevin

brian, what do you mean by "grill lighting skills"?:D :D

kevin

Originally posted by Terry Moenich
I thought RA was great!!! I really enjoyed talking to all you guys, I wish I could have spent more time with you all!!!!

next year we'll try and get a larger area and mark it for all to see!!:idea:

kevin

Welcome back, Kevin.. Hope your trip home went well. :)

Brian

thanks. quite frankly it was way too long (3 weeks).

and i'm only home for two weeks b4 i leave for 2 more weeks (with one track event).

and i got home w/o price gouging on the gas. i was in chitown on tues. twas a ghost town.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin

brian, what do you mean by "grill lighting skills"?:D :D

apparently you were'nt there for that??? Steve was having trouble keeping the grill lit. He used his lightner to relight it and blew the cover off the grill. It was funny as heck. He backed into Pauls R from being startled and from that, he recieved the comment from Dean about the butt prints in pauls car.

kevin

apparently you were'nt there for that??? Steve was having trouble keeping the grill lit. He used his lightner to relight it and blew the cover off the grill. It was funny as heck. He backed into Pauls R from being startled and from that, he recieved the comment from Dean about the butt prints in pauls car.

:D :D :D i was there for that,. i just wnated someone to explain it so everyone else would know.

what was REALLY funny was steve's face. i can LMAO cause no one was hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread