So How does a turbo cobra do against a C6 Z06?

bouncer18

Established Member
ill leave the enzo talk alone... (gotta love a hijacked thread that splits into 3 different threads)

anyhow...

the issue of weight was addressed... my car with me in it is a hair over 3100... i have hte solid axle swap and with the kit it replaced stock front suspension... spare is removed... yada yada... his car is full body weight...

also.. from a stop my car is nearly a second faster....... his car has the ls6 heads and ls6 cam btw..(i asked for details) so eventho it is a heads/cam car it isnt aftermarket... they are slightly ported he says but its not CNC'd or anything like that.....

(details make the difference) if you guys really wanna see it we have a drag strip heads up race net weekend i belive.. (maybe its in 2 weeks...?) but i can record a video and post it up????

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
DaGTO said:
thats actually not always true..back when i was bone stock i ran a 99 cobra that claimed to run 13's on street tires and hit high 12's with dr's . well we ran from a roll and it was pretty nasty for him...did a 40 and 60 mph roll and i would just pull him every single time so who knows:shrug:

Anything can happen on the street..:) I didn't mean to bad mouth GTO's or anything, a friend of mine owns an 05. Just speaking from what i've witnessed personally, when he raced against my friend with a 02 firehawk when it had nothing but a borla catback the firehawk would pull a car + everytime to 130mph. (here is him racing my Cobra if you don't believe it's nearly stock) They are also both good drivers, the GTO has at least 50hp on the Firehawk but still gets pulled..:shrug:

mustangbee

Established Member
Nick85, after reading through your posts on this thread, the jury has come to its decision: your a dumbass.

BeNBadRacing

SVT Test Dummy
Established Member
I have a turbo'd 04 Cobra. I was hoping to definitely do better against a Z06, but have not had the opportunity. I'll be sure to brake and build boost if I do! Those Z06s are awesome cars (But I'd take an Enzo).;-)

Nice death/kill story.

03_svtzilla

Banned
C6 Z06 said:
Nick, have you you kicked anymore C6 Z's butt lately!!:poke:
I cant keep my mouth shut anymore .Please sir next time you come south near georgia i would be glad to walk your z06 bus lenths .And that goes for any other cocky new z06 owners.
Bring it.
:poke:

C6 Z06

Established Member
sick_o3svt said:
I cant keep my mouth shut anymore .Please sir next time you come south near georgia i would be glad to walk your z06 bus lenths .And that goes for any other cocky new z06 owners.
Bring it.
:poke:

Where did that come from. Do you realize we are trying to get more of the very humorous responses from our "less than a full deck" Nick. I'm glad for you though, that you have such a killer ride and want to kick ass to prove it. If I pay for the gas will you drive up and show us slow Virgina people how it's done and you can go to DC and meet Nick in person!!:-D

Last edited:

03_svtzilla

Banned
C6 Z06 said:
Where did that come from. Do you realize we are trying to get more of the very humorous responses from our "less than a full deck" Nick. I'm glad for you though, that you have such a killer ride and want to kick ass to prove it. If I pay for the gas will drive up and show us slow Virgina people how it's done and you can go to DC and meet Nick in person!!:-D
I will pay your gas pay for your room and food for the day your down here.

Then send you back to VAGINA with your tail tucked between your crack.
Im not the fastest but plenty fast to walk your 500 rwhp z06.
:bash:

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
You just need more seat time it seems. You should have went from 65 in 3rd w/ some brake boosting you should walk him. I walked those cars w/ a ported heaton.

Nick85

Banned
C6 Z06 said:
Where did that come from. Do you realize we are trying to get more of the very humorous responses from our "less than a full deck" Nick. I'm glad for you though, that you have such a killer ride and want to kick ass to prove it. If I pay for the gas will you drive up and show us slow Virgina people how it's done and you can go to DC and meet Nick in person!!:-D

Why the hell would he bring a fast car like that to Virginia...your entire state can't drive and you've got a bunch of piggy pigs on every corner with lasers. Next!

C6 Z06

Established Member
sick_o3svt said:
I will pay your gas pay for your room and food for the day your down here.

Then send you back to VAGINA with your tail tucked between your crack.
Im not the fastest but plenty fast to walk your 500 rwhp z06.
:bash:

OK Sick, now show us some pics of the ride and tell us what you have done to it. Don't you want to come this way and meet Nick! I hear he will hand anyone their ass!! Now hows that for "cocky". :-D :thumbsup:

Last edited:

C6 Z06

Established Member
Nick85 said:
Why the hell would he bring a fast car like that to Virginia...your entire state can't drive and you've got a bunch of piggy pigs on every corner with lasers. Next!

Nick son, you kill me. I love it!!:lol:

03_svtzilla

Banned
C6 Z06 said:
OK Sick, now show us some pics of the ride and tell us what you have done to it. Don't you want to come this way and meet Nick! I hear he will had anyone their ass!! Now hows that for "cocky". :-D :thumbsup:
I dont need to show pics or tell shit about my car it makes 330 rwhp more than yours and thats all you need to know.As for nick he seems like a alright guy i dont have a problem with him.However yes the new z06s are bad ass but by no means the ****in god that some owners think it is.There is always someone faster .Modular powerhouse built my car .Im done posting to the thread if you want to race pm me.

C6 Z06

Established Member
sick_o3svt said:
I dont need to show pics or tell shit about my car it makes 330 rwhp more than yours and thats all you need to know.As for nick he seems like a alright guy i dont have a problem with him.However yes the new z06s are bad ass but by no means the ****in god that some owners think it is.There is always someone faster .Modular powerhouse built my car .Im done posting to the thread if you want to race pm me.

LOL Sick, is it the owners of the Z, or all the people that use the car as "the car to beat" that put it where it is!!

Users who are viewing this thread