So How does a turbo cobra do against a C6 Z06?

bouncer18

Established Member
On the highway... i was in second gear around 3700 rpm... he was in 2nd at 4600 rpm (or so)

Thinking that i would rape him i gave him the jump and uhmm well.. it was ugly...

he instantly put 4 cars on me while i built boost *damn lag!!!) (8lbs) when i finally peaked i made up about 1 car but there was no way i was going to catch him .. especially going into 4th...

he offered a race up to 160 mph..
i decided i was better off picking on my other buddy with a heads/cam gto... so i did and my balls grew a little bigger when i put about 8 cars on him..... but needless to say they still sit near my throat from that damn vet

those z06s are not as slow as i thought.. definatlly under estimated them .... (and did i mention he also owns a C5 z06 with twin 67mm turbos that hasnt been driven yet ....)

Sharkster

Established Member
I think a Terminator with mid to big twins or a big single is going to put a hurtin on one. Especially with the new turbos that are coming out with very little lag on them.

99caddysts

Established Member
not to be an ass or anything, but with the numbers in your sig, i am not sure why that raping surprised you.

Do you have updated numbers or anything?

C6 Z06

Established Member
Sounds like you had fun. No shame in loosing to a C6 Z, I know it's a beast of a car! :beer:

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Too bad you couldn't have raced him from a dig. If you can run an 11.3 I think you could take it, but past that you couldn't. What do they run with a good driver? I thought with a good driver they ran like mid 11's. In no disrespect at all to the zo6, cause I fauckin love that thing, sometimes I think that people give it too much credit. You want to beat that thing in a real drag race, a quarter mile from a stop, build a low 11 second car. Doesn't sound so invincible when you look at it like that. Again this is in no disrespect for this car at all cause I want to pick one up in 3 years. I just wanted to point out exactly what it would take to beat one in a drag race, and that sometimes people just need to get off its nuts. Flame away nut swingers.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
svtcobra2k3 said:
you trap 112? of course the Z raped you bad. They trap 127.
+1
No contest on the highway. From a dig it would have been a good race tho. Gotta know how to choose your battles. :thumbsup:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
bouncer18 said:
he instantly put 4 cars on me while i built boost *damn lag!!!) (8lbs)
I hate people who say that...lagg is SO Overrated ! "Your always one downshift away from full boost" < remember that champ! And if you were already at 3800rpms or so you should of been starting to build as is. I bet you peak at 4500?

Last edited:

C6 Z06

Established Member
bad360rt said:
+1
No contest on the highway. From a dig it would have been a good race tho. Gotta know how to choose your battles. :thumbsup:

Dave, what the hell do over powered Dakota guys know!!:-D :beer:

bouncer18

Established Member
from a dig it would be a race.. no disagreement (i ahve also gne 11.35 @ 122... still no where near a z06 )

and yes, brake boosting could also have been my friend

ScottsMach03

Established Member
bouncer18 said:
On the highway... i was in second gear around 3700 rpm... he was in 2nd at 4600 rpm (or so)

Thinking that i would rape him i gave him the jump and uhmm well.. it was ugly...

he instantly put 4 cars on me while i built boost *damn lag!!!) (8lbs) when i finally peaked i made up about 1 car but there was no way i was going to catch him .. especially going into 4th...

he offered a race up to 160 mph..
i decided i was better off picking on my other buddy with a heads/cam gto... so i did and my balls grew a little bigger when i put about 8 cars on him..... but needless to say they still sit near my throat from that damn vet

those z06s are not as slow as i thought.. definatlly under estimated them .... (and did i mention he also owns a C5 z06 with twin 67mm turbos that hasnt been driven yet ....)

With your power you should be trapping alot more then 112. Your clutch must be slipping.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Dave, what the hell do over powered Dakota guys know!!:-D :beer:
Not much Scott LOL But having had a taste of the Z06's power, I'd hate to tangle with one on the highway. From a dig would be fun tho ;-)

Nick85

Banned
SVTCOBRAKID said:
Too bad you couldn't have raced him from a dig. If you can run an 11.3 I think you could take it, but past that you couldn't. What do they run with a good driver? I thought with a good driver they ran like mid 11's. In no disrespect at all to the zo6, cause I fauckin love that thing, sometimes I think that people give it too much credit. You want to beat that thing in a real drag race, a quarter mile from a stop, build a low 11 second car. Doesn't sound so invincible when you look at it like that. Again this is in no disrespect for this car at all cause I want to pick one up in 3 years. I just wanted to point out exactly what it would take to beat one in a drag race, and that sometimes people just need to get off its nuts. Flame away nut swingers.

Agreed. The Z06 is an awesome car but people glorify I like it's an Enzo.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Nick85 said:

Yeah.. because the enzo, which can be driven like once a week in perfect weather, versus a vette you can drive cross country with the A/C and Nav system on, and still run mid 11s trapping 125+ and eat corners like there no tomorrow, with very few cars your equal. Yeah... lets all worship the Ferrari....
:kaboom:

Yeah gotta watch out for those new Z's. From a roll those things are absolute monsters. Ive yet to have the pleasure. But in my current state, im going to need a really bad driver in the other lane to win lol =p

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Nick85 said:

Umm becaues it is. Even though I would rather have an Enzo, I could have like 10 Z06's that are in the same realm of performance.

So I will take my 10 Z's

Users who are viewing this thread