smoke from exhaust on dyno

sho95

Established Member
just wondering if this smoke is normal coming from the exhaust.
I dont beat on the car but when it was strapped down it spit out some smoke.
[ame=http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/sho95/?action=view&current=95SHO.flv]95SHO.flv video by sho95 - Photobucket[/ame]

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
maybe youre kiniblin pin is loose or muffler bearings need repacking? check youre knuetin valve as well. try kaleco.com

Fat-cat

Established Member
Its fine just unburnt fuel.. Could have been a little spark blow out in the upper RPM range and didnt ignite all the fuel

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Yep, unburnt fuel is my guess too. Mine did it when I had a 2.76 pullied Eaton. It was bet slip. I ended up running a shorter belt, and ground off the stop on my tensioner to fix it.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Dyno-pulls-on-my-Cobra_84883.htm]Dyno pulls on my Cobra. 450 rwhp 460 torque - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Yep mine did it too in the upper rpms on the stock tune. Sniffer showed my A/F around 11.9/1

LS1-Larry

Established Member
Hey not to thread jack but I did a 145mph run lastnight against my buddys CBR 600 and Im not sure if this just started but im just noticing on START UP ONCE IN A WHILE....that a puff of light grey or white smoke comes out! It dosent come out any other time....should I be worried?
Ill be changing the plugs tomorrow!
Thanks and again no offense to the OP just asking!

95_XB331

Established Member
If you're dipping around and below 11.5 A/F you will see some smoke, usually gray if you have cats, black if not. Also, sometimes the AFPR (common) or electric pump (rare) could be weak/leaking on one run and then holding pressure on the next.

If there's belt slip or a bypass problem, the computer will adjust the A/F, and you'll see a flat-line in the MAF voltage or via the boost gauge of course and it should not get rich, but lean.

You should try a 0.032-34 gap... the more until you get blowout, the better.

As for white smoke, make sure you're not getting blow-by and shooting oil out of dipstick, VCXs, etc... and leaking on the pipes...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread