Smart Kid Gives Teacher a Piece of His Mind

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
:lol:

It was a joke aimed at feeding into the reality of our failing education system.

On a serious note, when you place a triangle on the surface of a sphere, the sum of the angles is 360.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Mine wasn't watching movies but just like the guy in the video said - they either handed me a packet or just did the work on the board and expected me to learn something by myself. They never cared to help and if I asked any questions I was treated like an idiot. My parents took me out of public school after 5th grade. I thank them for that!

BTW - I just finished my last exam this morning. I am officially done with high school! Now all I gotta do is graduate this Saturday! WOOT WOOT

I had that happen when I went to college. 147 start the class 20 took the final and only 3 passed. I was not one of the 3. During the semester he came in and said do everything in chapter such and such and I will see you next class. Final was 3 questions I got 2 of the 3 right and still failed. Believe me teachers like that need reported and disciplined.

Zemedici

Established Member
+1 on respect earned, not given. Just because someone's been on the Earth longer than me doesnt mean they have my respect.

As I just put on my social networking page after I uploaded this video, I went through this exact scenario in my high school math curriculum. I got fed up and got into an argument with the teacher, after my parents got involved, the county school board had no reasoning as to why the upper level math classes consisted SOLELY of packets, no other material, nothing engaging. Teacher sat at her desk and told us how we were all lazy, the nation was going to fail because of us, how we "dont study", yet she doesnt teach. Its a catch 22.

Teachers arent willing to teach because students arent willing to learn. The cycle has to break somewhere, and I believe it should be with the ADULTS, not the children. Call me crazy.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I had that happen when I went to college. 147 start the class 20 took the final and only 3 passed. I was not one of the 3. During the semester he came in and said do everything in chapter such and such and I will see you next class. Final was 3 questions I got 2 of the 3 right and still failed. Believe me teachers like that need reported and disciplined.

That's because the majority of professors at major universities are not there to teach, they are there to do research; teaching is just something they have to do to get a check

Teachers arent willing to teach because students arent willing to learn. The cycle has to break somewhere, and I believe it should be with the ADULTS, not the children. Call me crazy.

While I somewhat agree, I personally believe it starts with the parents at home. The problem now-a-days is that the teachers are having to take on the responsibilities of the parents as well as the teacher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
What pisses me off is that i have to pay a large sum of ''school taxes'' and I don't even have kids! Why should i pay for other's offsprings

Equalbracket

Established Member
I had a graduating class of 47 lol. From 8-12 every math class was taught by a football coach, we graded our own papers and called out the grades and kept our work, lol. Luckily I played football and never had to study...hindsight...ya pretty terrible. I got paddled quite a few times and they still do. Had a coach come into ag class one day and just talk shit, got the teachers paddle from his office and was just slapping it on the bottom of his foot, well it had a knot in the handle and it shattered and hit one of my friends in the face and busted him open pretty bad, had to have like 13 stiches, no big deal. Small town texas, its all about friday nights.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
If more kids would take an interest in learning, teachers would probably "teach" more. I give props to the kid, that took balls. However, I know from personal experience that I learned more dealing one-on-one with teachers than I did in the classroom. They usually spent most of the class trying to maintain order because the thug wannabes and hood rats wouldn't shut the **** up!

Zemedici

Established Member
While I somewhat agree, I personally believe it starts with the parents at home. The problem now-a-days is that the teachers are having to take on the responsibilities of the parents as well as the teacher.

That's not true, if teachers took more pride in what they do, it would be a different scenaro. I had classmates who had been to Juvy hall in MIDDLE SCHOOL, but they turned their act around because some teachers took pride in what they did, and enjoyed their job. Therefore they were extraordinary instructors, and showed these troubled kids the other side of the coin. Just seems pride in the workmanship is falling by the wayside in todays society. That comes with a lot of professions, however. Its all about money money money nowadays.

Coiled03

Established Member
If more kids would take an interest in learning, teachers would probably "teach" more.

Come again?

As teachers, their job is to TEACH. How MUCH they teach shouldn't be dependent on how much interest a given child shows. They should be teaching as much as possible at all times for those kids that actually do take an interest.

gamebred26

Established Member
That's not true, if teachers took more pride in what they do, it would be a different scenaro. I had classmates who had been to Juvy hall in MIDDLE SCHOOL, but they turned their act around because some teachers took pride in what they did, and enjoyed their job. Therefore they were extraordinary instructors, and showed these troubled kids the other side of the coin. Just seems pride in the workmanship is falling by the wayside in todays society. That comes with a lot of professions, however. Its all about money money money nowadays.

What do you work for? Free?

Take away tenure..pension...and healh benefits. Who the **** wants to go through all that college to be a teacher and watch your bratty ass kids for $30k a year!

Blown 89

Established Member
I spent from middle school up to junior year in a private school. My senior year I moved back to AZ and some of the worst public schools in the nation. I had a class that the teachers said, "This is your subject. At the end of the semester you need to turn in a 10 page paper on it. Use class time however you see fit." I literally, and I'm not joking, put my head on my desk and slept every single day for 45 minutes. I spent one weekend writing the paper at home and got an A. The teacher had taught that class for years and did for years after I graduated. This state's public schools are a joke.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Come again?

As teachers, their job is to TEACH. How MUCH they teach shouldn't be dependent on how much interest a given child shows. They should be teaching as much as possible at all times for those kids that actually do take an interest.

It's hard to teach when 2/3 of the class is running their mouths and/or flat out ignoring the teacher.

Edit: If school faculty was still allowed to discipline the students, and the parents actually tried to be a parent, then maybe it would be different. I didn't get in trouble at school. Ever. I knew my mom would apply her hand to my butt when I got home...

Last edited:

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
I would be interested to hear all of the back story. That kid is actually an 18yr old sophmore. He dropped out his freshman year and instead of getting his GED a couple years later he decided to go back. In Texas you can attend HS until you're 21 I believe, lots of special needs kids stay until then.

98expo

Established Member
When you keep cutting money from the public school system, freeze teachers pay for years on end, and don't pay them jack shit to begin with...this is what you get for teachers.If teaching was looked at and paid the way it should be , you'd have the more qualified people there and more aspiring to be a teacher..who the hell wants to be a teacher these days?kids are so disrespectful and poorly raised its not even funny

My wife is a teacher and the stories she tells me every day is unbelievable and never happend when i was in school. and that wasnt that long ago.she left the city of fredericksburg schools and went to stafford county and its a world better but still not great.She never gives homework and all her classes are hands on participation with everyone including her involved. the students love her and she's been awarded teacher of the year too. dude in the video is 100% right if the teachers get involved and at least act like they care about the students, they will respond 100% better. Though you will always have a bad apple student here and there that no one can reach.

Also , this thing called SOL's (Standards of Learning) bind alot of teachers to teach certain things certain ways in order to keep test scores up, and it sucks . They can't go at their own pace anymore and make sure the students actually learn. It's do this do that aaannnnd test.

This is true. My wife is also a teacher and a very good one at that. Its crazy to see what she can and cant do. She doesnt make a lot of money, but when she is bringing home her kids clothes to wash, or we are buying some shoes because one of her kids needs them its quick to see why she does it.

I wish they were all this way, but as stated above spending cuts and possible requirements to become a teacher lowering you will get some bad ones.

Coiled03

Established Member
It's hard to teach when 2/3 of the class is running their mouths and/or flat out ignoring the teacher.

Edit: If school faculty was still allowed to discipline the students, and the parents actually tried to be a parent, then maybe it would be different. I didn't get in trouble at school. Ever. I knew my mom would apply her hand to my butt when I got home...

Yes, it would be different if teachers could do this, that, or the other. But they can't.....sooooo?

Times have changed. Either adapt, or pick a different career. It's not like kids acting like fools in school just cropped up over night. In the meantime, for those who choose the profession, it's still their jobs to put maximum effort into teaching for the 1/3 of students that area actually paying attention.

Adiabatik

Banned
While I agree with this, back in the day when kids respected their elders it was because their elders had earned that respect.

You don't get respect simply by being born before somebody else. It's earned based on your actions and your character. That doesn't look to be the case here.

Wow really? How would that teacher go about "earning respect"? She was given the specific instructions to do what she did. She was following orders so-to-speak. Curriculum isn't a teachers choice, it is mandated.

As a result, you get some young punk kid who probably hasn't even seen a woman's tits and most likely wont amount to anything in life, talking down to you. Sorry but I disagree completely. I address to every elder of mine as either Maam or Sir and speak to them cordially. How the hell is a stranger supposed to "earn respect". Like I said, I suppose I am one of the few who was raised right :shrug:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Who on here honestly thinks teachers work 8:00am - 4:00pm with weekends off and 3 months paid vacation?

Who honestly thinks a teacher only reads from a book and prepares nothing for the day, week or school year?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Wow really? How would that teacher go about "earning respect"? She was given the specific instructions to do what she did. She was following orders so-to-speak. Curriculum isn't a teachers choice, it is mandated.

As a result, you get some young punk kid who probably hasn't even seen a woman's tits and most likely wont amount to anything in life, talking down to you. Sorry but I disagree completely. I address to every elder of mine as either Maam or Sir and speak to them cordially. How the hell is a stranger supposed to "earn respect". Like I said, I suppose I am one of the few who was raised right :shrug:

Ever seen who makes the curriculum? School boards are cesspools full of douchebaggery, and stupid. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread