SLP Exhaust

spray175

Established Member
I just sold my 02 gt and got a 03 cobra. I just bought the slp exhaust system and already have a slp xpipe with and without cats.

evansvt

FOR SALE
Established Member
well i have the lm2 that i recently installed on my 04 cobra...im sure since u have slp already u know how easy it is to pop on.....im actually gonna swap out the lm2s for the lm1s tomorrow to see how they sound i think i could sell my 01 gt vert easier with quieter exhaust plus i wanna hear the lm1s on the cobra

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
slp on sounds good when you have cats on or have the stock mid pipe on. Anything other would seriously sound like shit.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
spray175 said:
Why would it sound like shit with an off road xpipe? Just to loud or what?

It sounds like a Honda in the lower RPMs with an o/r pipe, no joke. Its really highpitched down low. If your set on SLP I'd get the LM IIs they have a little more tone and gurth too them.

black_bullitt

Established Member
i have the SLP LM II catback system and their o/r x-pipe, and it's nasty loud!! i love it! it's not for everyone, cause it's kinda metallic sounding and raspy...

last night my driver's side pipes fell off from the axle back (due to not being retorqued in quite some time), so i just removed the other side to make it look even until i can get it to a shop and have everything realigned and all, anyways, it sounds simply BEAST right now!! :D

Machinator

Banned
spray175 said:
But does everyone agree on the Loudmouth with a catted Xpipe sounds good?

Hey man when I was on the eaton I had bbk l/t's and o/r xpipe and slp loudmouth and it sounded :beer: absolutely wonderfull.

moonltgold

SLP and catted X

spray175 said:
But does everyone agree on the Loudmouth with a catted Xpipe sounds good?

That combo sounds great. I run a catted Mag X (although modified with an H under the tranny -- gives more torque and deeper pitch to the X), and with the SLP-1 it sounds great. I don't have the rasp or tin sound with the SLP (although I modified that a little too -- it has a Harley Davidson Rinehardt baffle welded through half of it to knock off the raspy resonance). It is the perfect sound IMO. That mod on my SLP-1 is roughly equivalent to an SLP-2 but better staccato.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
black_bullitt said:
i have the SLP LM II catback system and their o/r x-pipe, and it's nasty loud!! i love it! it's not for everyone, cause it's kinda metallic sounding and raspy...

last night my driver's side pipes fell off from the axle back (due to not being retorqued in quite some time), so i just removed the other side to make it look even until i can get it to a shop and have everything realigned and all, anyways, it sounds simply BEAST right now!! :D

Get it to a shop? It's exhaust man, do it yourself.

spray175

Established Member
coolcobramatt-I think Im going to keep the xpipe. My exhaust should be in tomorrow hopefully i will have time to put it on. I think Im going to put the cats on instead of the race pipes. Hopefully it will sound pretty mean.

black_bullitt

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Get it to a shop? It's exhaust man, do it yourself.
i want to have it all welded together to keep it from coming loose again like this...

otherwise yeah, i mean, i put the whole thing on myself, it's no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread