SLP catback

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
oh my vid is actually still up..here is the link. it hard to tell the REAL sound difference though. if you guys turn your mach 460's up halfway...at WOT i can barely hear my radio!

Stock w/ SLP vs MRT w/ SLP

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
It does sound nearly the same, although it sounded like you hit the throttle a little harder with the MRT-H... Can you tell a big difference yourself?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Mr. Mysti said:
It does sound nearly the same, although it sounded like you hit the throttle a little harder with the MRT-H... Can you tell a big difference yourself?

HUGE HUGE difference. i think mine is louder than some of my friends with o/r pipes but WITH mufflers (slp is straight through)

like i said..next time u are in ur car turn the radio up to a good level. ill check mine if u want but i cant hear it at WOT

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
My stingers are straight through and I heard they sound the same as the SLP. They are basically the same design. I do like the SLP tips better than the Borla so I wish I would have gone with the SLP. You are saying there is a big difference with Catted MRT-H vs. factory cats? I hope I would get something out of a MRT-H since my stinges sound nice, but could be a little more authorative, i.e. louder. :)

I have a 04 Cobra with 4 cats and I think the 03 has 02 cats. So I figured it had to help a little.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
no the 03 had 4 cats.

the sound will be almost the same form idle to 1500rpms but a it louder. after 1500 or so its WAY louder!!!

slp and borla is basically the same yes

also on the dyno i got 7rwhp and 5rwtq form stock H to MRT h :rockon:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
ok..have a MUCH better vid of how it sounds in the car. i was playin with a Ram SRT-10 the other night. the girl taped...windows were CLOSED...and i have a rear seat delete. listen for the s/c whine.....you can DEFF tell the loudness on here!

youll hear some cruising rpms and then WOT runs...those were 3rd and 4th gears...then the girl gets nervous...hehehe

HERE IS THE VID!!

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
CobraBob said:
I ran into a local guy (Mach 1) with the new SLP catback. I was really impressed with the sound. But what really caught my attention were the tips. Wow! They are really sweet. Anyone buy this CB for their Cobra?

I have one, I like the look and get compliments on the sound all the time. I have a conv and it can get a little loud.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
BADASS03SVT said:
ok..have a MUCH better vid of how it sounds in the car. i was playin with a Ram SRT-10 the other night. the girl taped...windows were CLOSED...and i have a rear seat delete. listen for the s/c whine.....you can DEFF tell the loudness on here!

youll hear some cruising rpms and then WOT runs...those were 3rd and 4th gears...then the girl gets nervous...hehehe

HERE IS THE VID!!

Thanks for the great vid. I am stoked for getting mine this week. If it ever gets here.

ModMike1572

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Thanks for the great vid. I am stoked for getting mine this week. If it ever gets here.

Me too. Im sitting at home waiting on mine right now. UPS usually gets to my house by about 5 oclock...only 45 more minutes

ModMike1572

Established Member
ok it just got here. I love the way it looks, the tips are sweet!

im putting it on 2night, so ill let everyone know how it sounds matched up with a bassani o/r x... if anyones interested.

then hopefully a vid by the weekend.

IxL4

Established Member
come on come on i want to hear it. I was SUPPOSED to pick up a used catback stinger borla yesterday but as I was going to leave my house THE GUY BACKED OUT of the sale!!! How messed up is that?

I am very tight on budget but would love to buy a used slp or stinger catback.

BlakesSnake

Roll Tide Roll
Established Member
I don't know the sound dif., but I just cut my stock mufflers and welded up some pipe in their place. I assumed it would be close to the same because I have a lm on my TA and the resonator just looks like a piece of pipe. I was tight on budget then and that was my route. It sounds decent, pretty loud. I am switching to a Flowmaster now though.

Blake

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
BlakesSnake said:
I don't know the sound dif., but I just cut my stock mufflers and welded up some pipe in their place. I assumed it would be close to the same because I have a lm on my TA and the resonator just looks like a piece of pipe. I was tight on budget then and that was my route. It sounds decent, pretty loud. I am switching to a Flowmaster now though.

Blake

im sure there is a difference...arent the SLP pipes a bit bigger than stock?

DitchTehFish

Established Member
BlakesSnake said:
I am switching to a Flowmaster now though.

Blake

I had the Flowmater catback on for literally 1 day, I was not impressed!! Below 2K RPM's it sounds pretty good, but anything above that I think it's about as quiet as the stock exhaust. :nonono: Thank God I bought it used for really cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread