slovette vs kb cobra (vid)

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
SVT LOL, i've asked them a MILLION times to check the car. the only thing aftermarket on car is a K&N intake. while the Cobra has a 2.6kb which would mean he has more displacement than me..lol and nitrous too which will make the car run better.

It's the internet, no one is going to drive out to where you are actually inspect your car and strap it on a dyno.

Didn't you previously blow your engine when you had nitrous? The car could easily have ported heads and a mild cam and still sound and look like a BONE STOCK Z06 with an intake.

I remember a guy out here who blew his motor a long time ago in his 01 WS6. Had it rebuilt with ported LS6 heads and a super mild cam and left everything else stock minus a lid/cb. Claimed the car was stock other than those two mods and trapped 115-116mph all day long without anyone being the wiser. :coolman: You could inspect the car all day, the car had no visible mods and the lope wasn't noticeable with the factory headers and y.

Anyways, good kill. :beer: I always take claims made on the internet with a grain of salt. Anyone can claim anything about their mods. I could have a posi race ported blower, a killer chiller, a front tubular suspension, ported heads, mild blower cams and headers and say my car is "just pullied". You could inspect my car all you want but you will never know what it has unless I disclosed it. :)

Last edited:

obZidian

Established Member
Burnin4's got it however with the right tire and stockish power I can yank out of a 40mph in 1st but it's not 100% WOT (est. 80% and squeeze ... no homo!) and go unless I get the tires warm enough. Without question though, the stock tune in these cars really hold it back.

03snake: Whenever you get her fixed, let me know. I have a feeling that you'll get me but you'll see what you're car is like vs a stock z06.

obZidian

Established Member
It's the internet, no one is going to drive out to where you are actually inspect your car and strap it on a dyno.

Didn't you previously blow your engine when you had nitrous? The car could easily have ported heads and a mild cam and still sound and look like a BONE STOCK Z06 with an intake.

I remember a guy out here who blew his motor a long time ago in his 01 WS6. Had it rebuilt with ported LS6 heads and a super mild cam and left everything else stock minus a lid/cb. Claimed the car was stock other than those two mods and trapped 115-116mph all day long without anyone being the wiser. :coolman: You could inspect the car all day, the car had no visible mods and the lope wasn't noticeable with the factory headers and y.

Anyways, good kill. :beer: I always take claims made on the internet with a grain of salt. Anyone can claim anything about their mods. I could have a posi race ported blower, a killer chiller, a front tubular suspension, ported heads, mild blower cams and headers and say my car is "just pullied". You could inspect my car all you want but you will never know what it has unless I disclosed it. :)

So true.

03snakeminated

Established Member
Burnin4's got it however with the right tire and stockish power I can yank out of a 40mph in 1st but it's not 100% WOT (est. 80% and squeeze ... no homo!) and go unless I get the tires warm enough. Without question though, the stock tune in these cars really hold it back.

03snake: Whenever you get her fixed, let me know. I have a feeling that you'll get me but you'll see what you're car is like vs a stock z06.

sounds good, what you have just a tune?

03snakeminated

Established Member
that vid is fairly accurate, although all of those races favored the cobra's sweet spot from a roll. take it up to 55mph and stretch it out to 150+ and it gets really ugly, real quick. 45mph isnt good for the z, 1st gear will obliviate the tires and 2nd gear at 45 is under the curve for the z.

cobra owners.....dont race c6z's from a roll!!! your best bet is to go from a dig at a dragstrip, utilize your torque and gearing. end the race before the z gets into 4th gear!

rule of thumb...

a cobra needs 125hp+ over a c6z to stay in a roll race till 130'ish, then the c6z will walk away. Shelby's need 150hp+.

here's another tid bit....

dont bench race with qtr mile trap speeds for a roll race against a c6z. c6z's are just barely getting out of 3rd gear in the qtr, and 4th rocks out till 164mph like it's in 2nd gear. the cobra needs at least 5mph higher traps to hang in there with a c6z from a roll 50-150.

I have a dozen of these type vids...

C6 Z06 vs Whipple GT500, 09 CTS-V vs SC 99 GT, WS6 - Car Videos on StreetFire

2010 ZR-1 vs Heads & Cam C6 Z06 vs YSI/Cams 04 Cobra - Car Videos on StreetFire

some other outcomes of c6z vs termy/shelby races...

headers, intake, and tune 484/460whp c6z easily walked away from my friends 600whp shelby gt500.

headers, intake, and lethal cam (535/495) is enough to repeatedly blister a 2.2kb (590whp) cobra from a roll over and over.

same c6z setup above is also enough to outrun a 3.4 whipple cobra, but not until 125mph+. stayed fairly even till the top of 3rd gear, then 4th gear runs away.

this is my friends mustang that had enough to beat me...

2 stages of 150 each, vortech 15psi, race gas, methanol, built motor, auto tranny....and he blew his motor multiple times on this setup (700+/900+)

C6 Z06, 427 03 Z06, RB25 280Z, 408 WS6 700hp 99 GT - Car Videos on StreetFire

btw, for reference the 280z in the vid is a mid 9sec car, 145mph traps.

hope this extra info adds to the c6z vs termy saga. enjoy :beer:

i gotta give you props your car runs so strong and hauls the mail for sure :rockon: but that datsun and 99gt dropped my jaw, (specially the 280) i mean to take you out they have to have some serious balls like you already mentioned...:burnout: any vids/links of the 280z down the strip?

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
i gotta give you props your car runs so strong and hauls the mail for sure :rockon: but that datsun and 99gt dropped my jaw, (specially the 280) i mean to take you out they have to have some serious balls like you already mentioned...:burnout: any vids/links of the 280z down the strip?

thanks! those are the only 2 cars that have ever beaten me, and I would destroy that 99gt from a dig. a 100shot on my setup would have easily changed everything, but i didnt want to spray the stock bottom end. the gt also went through several motors, he could not keep the car together for more than a dozen pulls on his full kill setup (2 stgs of 150's, sc, race gas, meth, etc). the 280z is no joke, reinining king around here. there are a few vids of his car at the strip I might be able to find later today, I'll post them up when I find them or pm you.

Last edited:

obZidian

Established Member
thanks! those are the only 2 cars that have ever beaten me, and I would destroy that 99gt from a dig. a 100shot on my setup would have easily changed everything, but i didnt want to spray the stock bottom end. the gt also went through several motors, he could not keep the car together for more than a dozen pulls on his full kill setup (2 stgs of 150's, sc, race gas, meth, etc). the 280z is no joke, reinining king around here. there are a few vids of his car at the strip I might be able to find later today, I'll post them up when I find them or pm you.

Damn shame you moved on with that car, it was definitely moving. But H/C z06's are high 130 cars on motor/pump. Match that with our 4th gears and its a hard car to catch to 160mph.

Have you driven/seen the punisher cam locally?

mebetter

Established Member

Any knowledgeable ls guy would be able to tell the difference between heads that have 241 written on them and heads that have 243 written on them.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Any knowledgeable ls guy would be able to tell the difference between heads that have 241 written on them and heads that have 243 written on them.

This was back in like 02-03. Most people didn't know to look for that. See a car that looks and sounds stock you don't inspect things with a flashlight expecting it to have different heads. :banana:

19935.slow

Established Member
I don't think you should grind the heads unless you trap 130 and up and have a hidden kid. 120 cars doing this just isn't right.

obZidian

Established Member
Why grind in the first place? If you know you have enough and confident about your shit, why the deception?

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I don't think you should grind the heads unless you trap 130 and up and have a hidden kid. 120 cars doing this just isn't right.

LMFAO

Why grind in the first place? If you know you have enough and confident about your shit, why the deception?

People who hide mod's kill me. I feel like if you hide mods you think your car is slow and need to say it has less done so that people think it's fast. Kinda sad imho. Oh and btw hidden mods never stay hidden for too long. Everyone who does it at least tells one person and guess what that one person is going to tell one more lol.:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread