slovette vs kb cobra (vid)

obZidian

Established Member
and are you running a 150 shot with a H/C setup? im not talking about intake/exhaust ls7's with nitrous, Im talking about 550-600rwhp N/A, H/C cars with nitrous on top of it.

BTW, 100 shot on a ls1/ls6 is little dick status. No wonder your C5Z lasted for 4 years on a 100 hit. You cant even feel it.

you also called me a idiot for saying there are C6 Z's out there for high 30k, but yet you just backed up my claim. I didnt say anything about mileage...anyone should instantly know that a C6 Z in that price range is going to have some miles on it...

and you dont need to tell me how to make nitrous safe and all that other shit. I know a good deal about it as I have a microedge setup with the HSW plate kit on my car...

This guy is:

Livernois Motorsports Stage 3 Z06 9.50 @ 148 mph video - Corvette Forum

It's all in the tune.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
what a ****in thread of shit.. WGAFF.. if it bothers people so damn much just stop racing against him.

people lie.. whats the big deal.. he sure does a good job at getting under your skin..

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I didnt call you a idiot for saying C6zs are 36grand. I said your a idiot for saying a 150 shot will break a LS7 piston.

The normal C6Z is 42Kplus. there are the very high mileage ones out there for high 30s. Hell a blown up 06 Z06 did 32K on ebay a few weeks ago.

you wont feel a 100shot on a C5Z? that is a very retarded statement. youll feel 100 instant more hp on anything!

im ported intake manifold, killer bee, headers, catback and tune with the 150 shot currently. My cam has been sitting on the toolbox waiting for my time to go in. I make 636hp-665tq now and after the cam I will make 710-715WHP after the cam on the 150 shot and I guarentee my car will still run for years.

If a 100 shot is little dick on a LS1/Ls6... why dont you grow a pair and go 200 shot?? maybe youll feel that...

:beer:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
slow vette.. ill be in South Florida for Xmas. ill be taking my Z06 down. wanna finally run??? since Its highly illegal to take a full nitrous bottle across state lines, do you have one I may borrow?? :)

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
I didnt call you a idiot for saying C6zs are 36grand. I said your a idiot for saying a 150 shot will break a LS7 piston.

The normal C6Z is 42Kplus. there are the very high mileage ones out there for high 30s. Hell a blown up 06 Z06 did 32K on ebay a few weeks ago.

you wont feel a 100shot on a C5Z? that is a very retarded statement. youll feel 100 instant more hp on anything!

im ported intake manifold, killer bee, headers, catback and tune with the 150 shot currently. My cam has been sitting on the toolbox waiting for my time to go in. I make 636hp-665tq now and after the cam I will make 710-715WHP after the cam on the 150 shot and I guarentee my car will still run for years.

If a 100 shot is little dick on a LS1/Ls6... why dont you grow a pair and go 200 shot?? maybe youll feel that...

I have a 150 shot in my car right now which made 600.8rwhp on the dyno....

and I didnt say a 150 shot will break a piston. Maybe you arent reading things clearly or are just twisting things around in your favor. I said the sleeves in the LS7 are thin and dont dispense the heat that well and result in a cracked sleeve eventually........

my buddy had a H/C 06 C6 Z06 that made 670rwhp on a 100 shot. He scrapped the nitrous and went to a procharger and made 690rwhp and cracked the sleeve a week later.......

Last edited:

03snakeminated

Established Member
slow vette.. ill be in South Florida for Xmas. ill be taking my Z06 down. wanna finally run??? since Its highly illegal to take a full nitrous bottle across state lines, do you have one I may borrow?? :)
where in south florida? how much your car makes w/o the juice? i'm pretty sure you'll have lots of fun racing down here :beer:

Last edited:

03snakeminated

Established Member
which one of you c6z guys was the one, who raced a kb cobra ,then a ported eaton and the ported one did better? just wondering what was done to the c6z and how much power it was putting down, :coolman:

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Ive raced about every combo of a c6z vs a mustang. kb's, whipple's, nitrous, centrificals, shelby's/termy's, etc. I can pretty much answer any of those questions you guys have, unbiased as possible since i love both kinds of cars.

03snakeminated

Established Member
not really sure exactly where yet. we are still making plans for it. my Z is a slug off the bottle 485 and I almost got beat by a skittle a few weeks ago :(
i'm in west palm beach, so lmk w/e, yeah those skittles from a roll move the f out with the right turbo and mods (i used to own a 60-1 srt) we can probably set a little no drama race vs my slobra (off nitrous and then with it) just for shits and giggles (if you make it), not ashamed to lose to a beastly 6xx hp c6z :beer:

Last edited:

wallie40

Established Member
Ive raced about every combo of a c6z vs a mustang. kb's, whipple's, nitrous, centrificals, shelby's/termy's, etc. I can pretty much answer any of those questions you guys have, unbiased as possible since i love both kinds of cars.

+1

I own a 01 cobra with a KB, makes 545. My c6z stock could put it away no prob.

With h/c/i(and some other goodies) on my z06 i put down 560rwhp. I run the livernois stage 3 kit.

It looks like a good race!

-Paul

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
which one of you c6z guys was the one, who raced a kb cobra ,then a ported eaton and the ported one did better? just wondering what was done to the c6z and how much power it was putting down, :coolman:

I dont think it was any of these guys, I think it was a cammed geared and sprayed LS3 C6.... and the guy with the ported cobra was that same cockroach that was trying to hussle me into a race saying his car was a pulley only car...
JerkOff.gif

03snakeminated

Established Member
I dont think it was any of these guys, I think it was a cammed geared and sprayed LS3 C6.... and the guy with the ported cobra was that same cockroach that was trying to hussle me into a race saying his car was a pulley only car...
JerkOff.gif
lol, yeah it was a c6z brah, (like that smiley huh?) i remember the thread a while back ...Jose said you coming sunday?

Last edited:

03snakeminated

Established Member
here i found the vid
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Q5JJqhovQ"]YouTube - 2.2kb cobra, ported cobra vs Cammed C6Z[/nomedia]

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member

that vid is fairly accurate, although all of those races favored the cobra's sweet spot from a roll. take it up to 55mph and stretch it out to 150+ and it gets really ugly, real quick. 45mph isnt good for the z, 1st gear will obliviate the tires and 2nd gear at 45 is under the curve for the z.

cobra owners.....dont race c6z's from a roll!!! your best bet is to go from a dig at a dragstrip, utilize your torque and gearing. end the race before the z gets into 4th gear!

rule of thumb...

a cobra needs 125hp+ over a c6z to stay in a roll race till 130'ish, then the c6z will walk away. Shelby's need 150hp+.

here's another tid bit....

dont bench race with qtr mile trap speeds for a roll race against a c6z. c6z's are just barely getting out of 3rd gear in the qtr, and 4th rocks out till 164mph like it's in 2nd gear. the cobra needs at least 5mph higher traps to hang in there with a c6z from a roll 50-150.

I have a dozen of these type vids...

C6 Z06 vs Whipple GT500, 09 CTS-V vs SC 99 GT, WS6 - Car Videos on StreetFire

2010 ZR-1 vs Heads & Cam C6 Z06 vs YSI/Cams 04 Cobra - Car Videos on StreetFire

some other outcomes of c6z vs termy/shelby races...

headers, intake, and tune 484/460whp c6z easily walked away from my friends 600whp shelby gt500.

headers, intake, and lethal cam (535/495) is enough to repeatedly blister a 2.2kb (590whp) cobra from a roll over and over.

same c6z setup above is also enough to outrun a 3.4 whipple cobra, but not until 125mph+. stayed fairly even till the top of 3rd gear, then 4th gear runs away.

this is my friends mustang that had enough to beat me...

2 stages of 150 each, vortech 15psi, race gas, methanol, built motor, auto tranny....and he blew his motor multiple times on this setup (700+/900+)

C6 Z06, 427 03 Z06, RB25 280Z, 408 WS6 700hp 99 GT - Car Videos on StreetFire

btw, for reference the 280z in the vid is a mid 9sec car, 145mph traps.

hope this extra info adds to the c6z vs termy saga. enjoy :beer:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
lol, yeah it was a c6z brah, (like that smiley huh?) i remember the thread a while back ...Jose said you coming sunday?

I was thinking of this video... Yeah I should be there around sunday if all goes as planned...

[youtube_browser]xTJG0uoXJ18[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread