slovette vs kb cobra (vid)

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I don't think you should grind the heads unless you trap 130 and up and have a hidden kid. 120 cars doing this just isn't right.

My old buddy use to do that, He had a AFR 225 headed 408 C5 coupe with the AFR logo on the front smoothed out and he had a 244/250 cam, FAST 92 intake and stock shifter. Car was exhaling through Kooks 1 7/8ths headers and extremely muffled Corsa Catback. The car was quiet as a kitten, quieter than a E-class Benz and LS460 Lexus. He made 520rwhp/490rwtq.

At car meets he would ask people to run him and tell them he was cam only. That car fooled sooooooo many people as soooooo many people had bruised egos every weekend. Fact of the matter is that after a yr or 2, the cat finally came out the bag.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
My old buddy use to do that, He had a AFR 225 headed 408 C5 coupe with the AFR logo on the front smoothed out and he had a 224/250 cam, FAST 92 intake and stock shifter. Car was exhaling through Kooks 1 7/8ths headers and extremely muffled Corsa Catback. The car was quiet as a kitten, quieter than a E-class Benz and LS460 Lexus. He made 520rwhp/490rwtq.

At car meets he would ask people to run him and tell them he was cam only. That car fooled sooooooo many people as soooooo many people had bruised egos every weekend. Fact of the matter is that after a yr or 2, the cat finally came out the bag.

Cam only seems like a way of life for most ls1 guys buahahahaah.:lol:

19935.slow

Established Member
We got a local guy, I wont say his name, but it's an 86 4 eyes with a shitty eddy heads, tfs intake, and a comp cam. Obviously it has more spray then murrays. If you run 13s he wins by a car, if you run 11s he wins by a car, and if you run 10's.... he wins by a car. It's funny cause I'm a good friend of his.

obZidian

Established Member
We got a local guy, I wont say his name, but it's an 86 4 eyes with a shitty eddy heads, tfs intake, and a comp cam. Obviously it has more spray then murrays. If you run 13s he wins by a car, if you run 11s he wins by a car, and if you run 10's.... he wins by a car. It's funny cause I'm a good friend of his.

Know the type. My favorite are those that feel grabbing the hit or going before the 3rd honk is apart of street racing. It's almost as if they need to cheat a bit to get a win and at the end of the day, are those wins as fulfilling as one that you had to shift your life away to edge out a fender? Don't think so.

90GSXDan

Established Member

Thats actually extremely funny. I can picture watching runs go down with the same dude, but different cars (all getting faster and faster) with the same outcome! LMAO. Your friend is a funny one! :thumbsup:

Dan :beer:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
My old buddy use to do that, He had a AFR 225 headed 408 C5 coupe with the AFR logo on the front smoothed out and he had a 244/250 cam, FAST 92 intake and stock shifter. Car was exhaling through Kooks 1 7/8ths headers and extremely muffled Corsa Catback. The car was quiet as a kitten, quieter than a E-class Benz and LS460 Lexus. He made 520rwhp/490rwtq.

exactly why its fun...........

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Know the type. My favorite are those that feel grabbing the hit or going before the 3rd honk is apart of street racing. It's almost as if they need to cheat a bit to get a win and at the end of the day, are those wins as fulfilling as one that you had to shift your life away to edge out a fender? Don't think so.

I totally agree, is so annoying when someone steals the hit before the 3 honk, I dont even bother chasing, just let them go if they want it that bad. Its sad how they cheat right in front of your face

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i rode with carlos (myhardtop off vette forum) in one of their quality motorsport 600rwhp h/c ron fellows c6z and it was insane. that car pulled 80 to 165 in a flash. it had eye popping high speed pull capability

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
exactly why its fun...........

I used to tell ppl I had a cam and long tubes with my 00 SS... it was actually a 408 nitrous car 12 bolt 500na 650 on spray car. after I put 15 buses on the guy Id tell him the real deal with the car. But I was 20-22 yrs old back then. now I just dont care if ppl know what mods i have. win/lose/draw its all in the fun. I dont need to be sneaky and lie about my mods. ;-)

19935.slow

Established Member
Def not as fufilling, but when someone steals the hit and you run them down hard as hell it makes myself feel better. I cruising at 80 when a b6s4 was neck and neck with me, I though we were getting ready to line up, but he just booked it. Caught him at 90 or so and put a few on him. It was fun though:beer:

Thats actually extremely funny. I can picture watching runs go down with the same dude, but different cars (all getting faster and faster) with the same outcome! LMAO. Your friend is a funny one! :thumbsup:

Dan :beer:
It's funny for all of use, but he makes a decent amount of bread doimg this. He's a hood racer. It goes both ways though. If there isn't money involved, well I'm sure you know it, he loses by a car. It gives a everyone a general consensus of where the car is "at" when it's really not. Plus whenever some car comes out and does some work on the streets, win or lose, word gets around.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I used to tell ppl I had a cam and long tubes with my 00 SS... it was actually a 408 nitrous car 12 bolt 500na 650 on spray car. after I put 15 buses on the guy Id tell him the real deal with the car. But I was 20-22 yrs old back then. now I just dont care if ppl know what mods i have. win/lose/draw its all in the fun. I dont need to be sneaky and lie about my mods. ;-)

LOL that is funny.

reminds me of a vette i raced that told me he had a small cam. (I knew I would lose anyways)

10 seconds and 25 bus lengths later i find out it procharged running 12 lbs. I actully have a video of that ass raping I can post if i remember when i get home.

The ricer kids and diesel truck guys here are always telling me that I am a liar and they hear me spraying. There is no way a mustang can beat an LT1 trans am or a silverado ss without spray or a supercharger

obZidian

Established Member
LOL that is funny.

reminds me of a vette i raced that told me he had a small cam. (I knew I would lose anyways)

10 seconds and 25 bus lengths later i find out it procharged running 12 lbs. I actully have a video of that ass raping I can post if i remember when i get home.

The ricer kids and diesel truck guys here are always telling me that I am a liar and they hear me spraying. There is no way a mustang can beat an LT1 trans am or a silverado ss without spray or a supercharger

How did you not notice the belt noise? Did he tell you it was a bad alternator/pulley? :)

Users who are viewing this thread