Skydiving pics from today

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
I know it is not car related, but the aerial shots came out ok.

I have been wanting to try it for the first time and did a tandem to get the feel of it. We jumped from 14k alt and it was definitely alot of fun. The entire staff at "Skydive the Farm" in Northwest Georgia (Rockmart) were really great and everyone is all about just having a good time. On descent, the gear started to cut of circulation in my femoral arteries when we started turning hard which did make me a little naucious at landing.

I am 220lbs and my instructor was 240lbs, so the photographer had a hard time keeping up with us on the freefall.

I am scheduled for classes to get my cert...hopefully I can finish before I leave for Japan.

the plane and my a##
dsc01475fd6.jpg

plane exit
dsc01480hl1.jpg

upsidedown
dsc01484um7.jpg

freefall
dsc01499ij8.jpg

aerial view
dsc01489kc0.jpg

landing
dsc01512qk3.jpg

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
We did our freefall from 14k to about 5k. Instructor said we were moving pretty fast because of our combined weight. More experienced guys will open lower, but it was a great introduction. I have already started pricing gear, and it is just as expensive as racing. I figured a tandem jump would be an affordable way to see if I liked it and at the price I couldn't say no. (159.00 for those curious)

As far as a rush...well I have over 2800 hrs in the back of a helicopter at some pretty crazy heights. The initial jump out was like "bam..holey crap" but actually I think I would have liked to do some flips or rolls ect. Again it was my first time, so really nothing extreme. Will I do it again? Hell yes!!!

Last edited:

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I went once & did the AFF Level 1. You jump by yourself with 2 instructors right at your side. It's like nothing else, no way to describe the rush.
I jumped at 14,000 ft. & freefell for about 50-55 seconds. I liked it better after the chute was pulled. You just float up there, very quiet too.

Nazman

Established Member
Tandem? Pansy. Just kidding. Now go get into a program and get your license.

LOL! Have to agree!

Not bad for a civilian pass time! ;-):poke: Looks like lots of fun brother. I tried to get my soon to be ex-wife to jump with no luck. My Son, wants to be our 4th generation Jumper (Army Jumper)....more to come on that.

Congrats on popping your Cherry!!!! LOL!

If you are really after the rush.....I can tell you Im an Army Jump Master with about 120 static line jumps on my 1306..quite a bit more off paper and there is nothing else like leading your Man into complete darkeness, with a 42LBS main chute, 28LBS Reserve, 90LBS Ruck and about 50 LBS of extra equipment at about 800FT with a static line doin over 150MPH....not that but landing at ~18FPS.....that's really the fun part!!! LOL!

I got to jump with some Russian guys back in 98' we jumped at 3000M off MI17s with Russian chutes, with an easy 10 second free fall with 15 minutes of instructions on how to pack my own! LOL! Yea it was FUN!

Keep it up brother! Good luck!

Naz

PS. Great photos by the way!!!!

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
man I've been wanting to do that for years now, missed out on it in Australia because I didn't have enough money... they jumped out over the barrier reef... still regret I didn't do that!! wish a tandem jump was that cheap around here!!!

yellowgt02

Established Member
Sweet pics man! Im sure you had a blast.

A tandem master at the DZ I jump at is 220ish...and took a heavier girl on a jump from 10k to 5.5k He said max speed they reached was 216mph. I bet you were close to that.

-jason

Sapperstang

Established Member
LOL! Have to agree!

Not bad for a civilian pass time! ;-):poke: Looks like lots of fun brother. I tried to get my soon to be ex-wife to jump with no luck. My Son, wants to be our 4th generation Jumper (Army Jumper)....more to come on that.

Congrats on popping your Cherry!!!! LOL!

If you are really after the rush.....I can tell you Im an Army Jump Master with about 120 static line jumps on my 1306..quite a bit more off paper and there is nothing else like leading your Man into complete darkeness, with a 42LBS main chute, 28LBS Reserve, 90LBS Ruck and about 50 LBS of extra equipment at about 800FT with a static line doin over 150MPH....not that but landing at ~18FPS.....that's really the fun part!!! LOL!

I got to jump with some Russian guys back in 98' we jumped at 3000M off MI17s with Russian chutes, with an easy 10 second free fall with 15 minutes of instructions on how to pack my own! LOL! Yea it was FUN!

Keep it up brother! Good luck!

Naz

PS. Great photos by the way!!!!

Oh yeah :banana: A lot of people think skydiving is the same thing. I used to do both and there is no comparison. Skydiving is actually fun and doesn't hurt.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty cool! The closest I've ever come to that is para-sailing (the old fashioned but now outlawed in the U.S. way). :)

Users who are viewing this thread