Site navigating

May93

Established Member
I continue to have problems navigating on this site. When I click on a thread and then try to go back to previous page it's takes multible attempts and when I attempt to comment on a thread I have to refresh the page signing back in multible times before the comment will actually post. This is not a problem I have on any other sites but instead is speific to this one. Any ideas of setting changes I can make to fix the problem?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
More specifically, what browser are you experiencing this issue with? Wouldn't hurt to clear all cookies and cache as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
More specifically, what browser are you experiencing this issue with? Wouldn't hurt to clear all cookies and cache as well.

Do this first. Clear all of your History, Cookies & Cache. For example, in Firefox , you go to History/Clear Recent History and select Everything. Be sure all of the boxes are checked, except for maybe Offline Website Data and Site Preferences. Then be sure your browser is up to date (latest version).

Let us know how you make out.

May93

Established Member
try a different browser to see if it
improves

I switched to Google Chrome and it did improve. Thanks!

This. It's an issue with your computer.

I clear them regularly but the Internet Explorer browser was evidently part to blame.

What are you using to browse (PC, etc) and what browser? Who is your isp and what sort of connection?

Internet Explorer but now Google Chrome. I use Roadrunner wireless for service.

Do this first. Clear all of your History, Cookies & Cache. For example, in Firefox , you go to History/Clear Recent History and select Everything. Be sure all of the boxes are checked, except for maybe Offline Website Data and Site Preferences. Then be sure your browser is up to date (latest version).

Let us know how you make out.

Its definitely better now. The site is actually enjoyable again. Thanks everyone for the help.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We're always happy to help. Or at least offer suggestions. Can't count the number of times I've gotten help myself. Glad to hear that you're browsing SVTP has improved.

May93

Established Member
We're always happy to help. Or at least offer suggestions. Can't count the number of times I've gotten help myself. Glad to hear that you're browsing SVTP has improved.

I've been surfing this site like it's 1/2 off in Sears at Christmas time. Can't believe how much quicker I can navigate now. Thanks again to everyone for the help!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Motor on! So it feels like you went from a V6 Mustang to a '14 GT-500! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread