Silly Roush..

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I have no idea what he had done to the car. The point is he was making an ass of himself revving the car up every few seconds then pointing and laughing at my car... then got hit shit kicked in.

Yeah I had a shop check it out and they said it was aligned so I dunno.. my friend and I are gonna put the car up on jacks tomorrow and try to figure something out. :beer:

Yeah the guy in the roush is a moron for lol at a vette, Hopefully u run into that moron again :rockon:

C5Convertible

Established Member
Yeah I had a shop check it out and they said it was aligned so I dunno.. my friend and I are gonna put the car up on jacks tomorrow and try to figure something out. :beer:

Unfortunately there are more crappy shops than good shops when it comes to specialized stuff like FI C5/C6's

Whose SC kit is on there?

It doesn't hurt anything to throw belts, well except for your hood liner. But if you drive it far without realizing you can quickly overheat, which I'm sure you're already aware of.

Anyway, nice car.. get her fixed and have some (safe) fun! :rockon:

Devil_Z

Established Member
Unfortunately there are more crappy shops than good shops when it comes to specialized stuff like FI C5/C6's

Whose SC kit is on there?

It doesn't hurt anything to throw belts, well except for your hood liner. But if you drive it far without realizing you can quickly overheat, which I'm sure you're already aware of.

Anyway, nice car.. get her fixed and have some (safe) fun! :rockon:
I have the ECS paxton novi 2000 kit on my car.

Actually the first belt i threw hit my oil return line from the S/C and cracked my oil pan... lol..

C5Convertible

Established Member
I have the ECS paxton novi 2000 kit on my car.

Actually the first belt i threw hit my oil return line from the S/C and cracked my oil pan... lol..

Damn.. that's some bad luck! :(

Have you called them? They're usually really good about assisting with any issues. They really stand behind their kit.

Devil_Z

Established Member
have you taken it over to Carter Racing yet?

Nope, they're usually really busy.

I think i found out what the problem is. Looks like the manual tensioner pulley has a shot bearing. It has a little bit of play in it which I think is enough to make the belt ride off the supercharger pulley snapping it.

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
My friends 02 roush went 12.49 110 made 336rwhp. its stock (supercharged from factory)with K&N and cat-back.

SpdPilot

Established Member
It's funny how the uninformed that buy Roushes swear they're the fastest thing on the street. Some can be fast with additional mods, like the one my co-worker owns, but other than that, they're overrated. At least in a straight line they are.

Not sure why the hate. I own a Roush and don't regret it at all. Most of the Roush owners I know don't regret it either.

It is hands down the best Mustang you can buy. To most people it is not about who is fastest. It is about quality of build, good power, handling, and looks. If you want power and future mod potential, your money would be better spent elsewhere. Everyone has already seen the video of the Roush leaving the GT500 and Saleen on an open track. And those of us who own one know the quality. When it came to a Mustang, I went GT500 and it was tough decision over the Roush. I wanted to go faster at the drags, so I went GT500, but it no where near the quality and balance of my Roush.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
not sure why the hate. I own a roush and don't regret it at all. Most of the roush owners i know don't regret it either.

It is hands down the best mustang you can buy. To most people it is not about who is fastest. It is about quality of build, good power, handling, and looks. If you want power and future mod potential, your money would be better spent elsewhere. Everyone has already seen the video of the roush leaving the gt500 and saleen on an open track. And those of us who own one know the quality. When it came to a mustang, i went gt500 and it was tough decision over the roush. I wanted to go faster at the drags, so i went gt500, but it no where near the quality and balance of my roush.

+1

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
My friends 02 roush went 12.49 110 made 336rwhp. its stock (supercharged from factory)with K&N and cat-back.

NO tune, no DR's no nothing, except a drop in filter and a catback exhaust it put that rwhp down and he ran a mid 12? :??:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I have to call :bs: with those mods. They have less power and are heavier(?) than Termi's yet a lot of people had a hard time reaching those times with a Termi. I wouldve thought that they run just like Saleen's which are mostly a low 13 sec car's with a few in the high 12's.
Not sure why the hate. I own a Roush and don't regret it at all. Most of the Roush owners I know don't regret it either.
It is hands down the best Mustang you can buy. To most people it is not about who is fastest. It is about quality of build, good power, handling, and looks. If you want power and future mod potential, your money would be better spent elsewhere. Everyone has already seen the video of the Roush leaving the GT500 and Saleen on an open track. And those of us who own one know the quality. When it came to a Mustang, I went GT500 and it was tough decision over the Roush. I wanted to go faster at the drags, so I went GT500, but it no where near the quality and balance of my Roush.
I think they are the best looking 05+ Mustang's, as far as in the NE era, I would have to give it to the Saleen and Termi. Most people are not looking for handling car's since they never use them for that. Also most people wouldnt pay more than 50k sticker price for a Mustang other than a Shelby (I dont even think the Shelby are even worth 50k). They are nice car's but like most people, I wouldnt buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread