Silly Roush..

Devil_Z

Established Member
I was on my way to a friends house when a red roush pulls up next to me revving up his car every few seconds. I didn't rev mine up at all because I don't want to break another belt.... not to mention my car sounds stock anyway.. so I simply just roll down my window and tap my boost gauge just so he knows he's about to get his shit kicked in. He just points, laughs, and keeps on revving up his car every few seconds. The light turned green and I stepped on it some. Dunno how many cars or trains... but it was pretty pathetic to say the least. :rollseyes

I thought it was funny though.

Devil_Z

Established Member
Was it a 2v Roush?
Eh I'm not sure, looked like this one.

roush-mustang.jpg

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Oh so it was a 3v. Well good kill either way. What do those things run stock at the track? Anyone know?

C5Convertible

Established Member
I was on my way to a friends house when a red roush pulls up next to me revving up his car every few seconds. I didn't rev mine up at all because I don't want to break another belt.... not to mention my car sounds stock anyway.. so I simply just roll down my window and tap my boost gauge just so he knows he's about to get his shit kicked in. He just points, laughs, and keeps on revving up his car every few seconds. The light turned green and I stepped on it some. Dunno how many cars or trains... but it was pretty pathetic to say the least. :rollseyes

I thought it was funny though.

What's with the belt issues? Those are a thing of the past....

No offense or anything but you need to get a good shop to fix that so you can have some FUN! :rockon:

RSH427R

Established Member
Oh so it was a 3v. Well good kill either way. What do those things run stock at the track? Anyone know?

Don't know but mine had around 380 at the wheels...stock. Not a very good straight line car, but it will smoke them in the corners.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I just read an article in Muscle Mastangs & Fast Fords about the '10 Roush 427. It's putting 435 to the tires, but they said the best 1/4 mile E.T. they could get was in the low 13's on street tires. Apparently they look faster than they really are. I've seen two here in town, one was being driven by a chick with a cell phone glued to her head that had no idea I was beside her and the other was parked so I haven't gotten the chance to test one out against the Termi.

At any rate, nice kill.

Lowrie

Established Member
It's funny how the uninformed that buy Roushes swear they're the fastest thing on the street. Some can be fast with additional mods, like the one my co-worker owns, but other than that, they're overrated. At least in a straight line they are.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Don't know but mine had around 380 at the wheels...stock. Not a very good straight line car, but it will smoke them in the corners.

+1

upper 12s 'generally', but in the corners.......It's hard to match them. ALong with the saleens. I forget the G's on both for the S197s, btu I believe it's 1.1+

C5Convertible

Established Member
Yeah i do, ive broken 5 belts so far.... 3 in the past 2 weeks. :(

Ugh.. that sux.. been there (a long time ago)

Call the vendor who makes the kit and find out who they recommend locally to fix it.

It's probably something simple to a shop that deals with C5 centri's on a regular basis. Most other shops will have no clue.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
I just read an article in Muscle Mastangs & Fast Fords about the '10 Roush 427. It's putting 435 to the tires, but they said the best 1/4 mile E.T. they could get was in the low 13's on street tires. Apparently they look faster than they really are. I've seen two here in town, one was being driven by a chick with a cell phone glued to her head that had no idea I was beside her and the other was parked so I haven't gotten the chance to test one out against the Termi.

At any rate, nice kill.

435 at the crank. They make like 340-360 at the wheels stock. They are beyond slow. 2.6 upper pulley, full exhaust and a good tune they would make 385 rwhp at the most. Good Kill most of the Roush/Saleen guys think they have the fastest cars going.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good kill!

I think that the stick ones generally run high 12's, but I think MM&FF got an auto one into the 12.30ish range (probably on a good tire).

Users who are viewing this thread