Silly Roush..

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
what do you have for a bypass valve. reason i ask is that is the bypass valve is too small it wont allow all the boost to escape the inlet tube. this sends reverbs back to the blower and shutters the blower causing belts to break or spit belts off.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
You're right, the 427R and the Stage 3 are both rated at 435 hp...my neighbor has a stage 3 and I've smoked him over and over (my cobra only has exhaust and intake). I will say this though: the Roush looks sweet and its not slow, just slow compared to a Vette or Cobra.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
mmff got a auto 427 roush to run 12.30's so bolt on's and tire etc thats a 11 sec car.. I dont see how thats slow.

average 5 speed has got high 12's low 13's, about same times they get with stock shelby or 03-04 cobra / srt8's etc..

Last edited:

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
It was probably some dude who needs to be educated that his Roush is not the best/fastest thing on the planet.

My Roush corners like no other stang I've ever owned. You 03/04 Cobras def have me on the straight away though. I'll up my boost once I have a decent bottom end.

Devil_Z

Established Member
what do you have for a bypass valve. reason i ask is that is the bypass valve is too small it wont allow all the boost to escape the inlet tube. this sends reverbs back to the blower and shutters the blower causing belts to break or spit belts off.
Well I bought mine as a kit so that really shouldn't be the problem and apparantly all the pullies are aligned so I have no idea why they keep breaking. :(

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well I bought mine as a kit so that really shouldn't be the problem and apparantly all the pullies are aligned so I have no idea why they keep breaking. :(

Too tight?....need an 8 rib setup?

Faulty By-pass valve to begin with?

Just tossin' some ideas out there.

Devil_Z

Established Member
Too tight?....need an 8 rib setup?

Faulty By-pass valve to begin with?

Just tossin' some ideas out there.
Well we've experimented with the belt being tighter or more on the loose side and in the middle. I shouldn't need an 8 rib because I'm only pushing 600rwhp, I've seen guys on cf forums pushing 7xx on a 6 rib just fine w/out belt slip. I guess we could recheck the BPV but it looked fine when we installed it. :beer:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well we've experimented with the belt being tighter or more on the loose side and in the middle. I shouldn't need an 8 rib because I'm only pushing 600rwhp, I've seen guys on cf forums pushing 7xx on a 6 rib just fine w/out belt slip. I guess we could recheck the BPV but it looked fine when we installed it. :beer:

Gotcha.

Food for thought..........IME, the biggest headaches are caused by the basics/small things. ;-)

Devil_Z

Established Member
Pics of said "Mustang Slayer"
z06.jpg

paxtonnovi2000.jpg

C5Convertible

Established Member

Get a cheap laser alignment tool and check.

An idler may be on its way as well.

Also check the power steering bracket, those will get bent just a little and drive you to drink (ask how i know..)

If those stupid things are a .0000000001" off it'll ruin your day, especially if you don't have an electric water pump.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
FWIW the 2010 Roush get's a TVS based blower, instead of the old Roots.

They are a little more stout from the factory, but they have more room for mods.

There is no reason that a pullied 2010 Roush can't make 450 to the tire.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Get a cheap laser alignment tool and check.

An idler may be on its way as well.

Also check the power steering bracket, those will get bent just a little and drive you to drink (ask how i know..)

If those stupid things are a .0000000001" off it'll ruin your day, especially if you don't have an electric water pump.

+1

Forgot about pulley alignments. :beer:

Devil_Z

Established Member
hmm supercharged 600rwhp vette beats stock 4,000 lbs 330-380whp roush ..what a shock!
I have no idea what he had done to the car. The point is he was making an ass of himself revving the car up every few seconds then pointing and laughing at my car... then got hit shit kicked in.

Yeah I had a shop check it out and they said it was aligned so I dunno.. my friend and I are gonna put the car up on jacks tomorrow and try to figure something out. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread