Show us your aftermarket sound systems

CharlieR

Established Member
^That's unique...tweeters way up on the A pillar...interestiing.
They help with imaging, crossed over around 7-8k(IIRC, as it's done in the passive crossovers that come with the kit) aimed to the middle of the windshield. Night and day difference between this and the infinity components that I originally installed. I was gonna flush mount them but lazy kicked in, and if not purposely pictured they don't really show up. :D

Clucas

Established Member
Still under construction. IB subs, horns, 8" in the door, zapco amp for the horns and subs, and 4 channel pioneer amp bridged to the 8" mids. All run off factory HU on alpine PXE-h660 for tuning.
A276FEF7-5EA5-4047-87A6-83287A1FAF09.jpg

EFF9AE60-1556-4BD9-BCDB-D856D6C2AE91.jpg

69F890CF-2689-42C5-9D9C-18CAF867DBE3.jpg

22EF8291-6A54-45E6-9EEC-EE708086182E.jpg

DDCEF7C9-F56A-4524-89A2-ACCCA023B818.jpg

ydaqaqyv.jpg

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Will get more pics soon but the setup is below:

- Kenwood Excelon x997 Head Unit w/Metra Dash Kit
- Audison Voce AV K6 Components, with midranges custom mounted low in the door panel like a Premium door panel setup (factory location is partially blocked by the dash with the door closed. This setup is immensely better in sound quality and seperation), running at 150W @ 4ohms each
- Image Dynamics IDQv3 12" in 1.32cu ft sealed box, running at 500W @ 4ohms
- Hertz HDP4 Four Channel Amp (mounted in trunk behind sub)

The silver shiny stuff is the dynamat behind the factory grille opening. I have since sealed the inside of the grille and you cant see through it now.

20131004_123502.jpg

Nuar

Established Member
B45136A3-FF73-40A7-8431-361231635ADB_zps4vtvpk2j.jpg

Greatest "Pre-Fab" box in history. JL Audio Stealth box w/ 13w6(It's actually for the 05-9 car but the 11 up didn't offer the w6, just a w3 woofer).

Hmmm that looks great i did some diggin on google and every stealthbox i find comes with the w3 it seems. Even the 05-09 boxes. What the heck am i missing here? Lol

RioRed4v

Established Member

- Audison Voce AV K6 Components, with midranges custom mounted low in the door panel like a Premium door panel setup (factory location is partially blocked by the dash with the door closed. This setup is immensely better in sound quality and seperation), running at 150W @ 4ohms each

The silver shiny stuff is the dynamat behind the factory grille opening. I have since sealed the inside of the grille and you cant see through it now.

20131004_123502.jpg

That door sub setup is clean. I really like it:beer:

Clucas

Established Member

20131004_123502.jpg

Did you just cut the hole in the panel, or did you do something behind it to strengthen the mount?

USAFmustang95

Established Member
i can't believe you guys run JL Audio… overpriced bullshit… Ive been in the car audio game for a while and you should into FI Audio, SSA Audio, Sundown Audio,RE audio...

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Nice systems guys, i used to be into this but I've chosen the music my engine/ exhaust makes...signed, bonified gearhead!

Zemedici

Established Member
i can't believe you guys run JL Audio… overpriced bullshit… Ive been in the car audio game for a while and you should into FI Audio, SSA Audio, Sundown Audio,RE audio...

+1, A lot of JL you pay for the name. Sundown is some quality shit.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member

Overpriced yes, bullshit no. I've had all different types of subs and my favorite to date is the w6v2 and w7's. My second favorite is my idmax. Fi Q is decent, but to compare it to a W7 is silly. My favorite RE was the Se/XXX hybrid Greg himself made me.

I would never pay full price for the JL subs, but Thanx to an AMAZING CL find I got 2 12w7's, in a $275 FatBox, all for $350. The subs are like new :)

20140129_191708_zps877c3f61.jpg

CharlieR

Established Member
Hmmm that looks great i did some diggin on google and every stealthbox i find comes with the w3 it seems. Even the 05-09 boxes. What the heck am i missing here? Lol
Sorry I was lost. You can get the W6 sub in either the 05-09 or 10-^ box now. I'd guess you find the w3 versions because they're cheaper and cheaper sells.

:rollseyes: I started playing with car audio back in the mid 80's, got out of it in mid 90's and I'm still amazed at how cheap all this stuff is now. Back in the day I used Orion HCCA amps, MB Quart Components and JL subs(Speaker warehouse) that was expensive.

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
JL subs sound awesome. At least the W6 and 7s I've heard. I will agree though that there are much cheaper alternatives that will be just as good for a fraction of the price and many of them are US based.

Nuar

Established Member
Sorry I was lost. You can get the W6 sub in either the 05-09 or 10-^ box now. I'd guess you find the w3 versions because they're cheaper and cheaper sells.

Ahh that explains it, so i guess you need to order them from jl directly?

5.0_SD

Established Member
Sorry but my next door neighbor when I was growing up is the L in JL audio. Jim and Lucio started with a single small shop called Speaker Warehouse (as mentioned above) in Hollywood, FL. They started experimenting with their own enclosures at first...rented a fairly large storage space south of Pembroke Rd...then started experimenting/manufacturing their own speakers...and the rest is history. So yes I will and have bought JL's for my speakers and I did get a very good deal on them (and not from JL directly...through Sounds of TriState in Jersey). Overpriced, ok I can agree they are, but they are still great quality and you can find deals on them.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Sorry but my next door neighbor when I was growing up is the L in JL audio. Jim and Lucio started with a single small shop called Speaker Warehouse (as mentioned above) in Hollywood, FL. They started experimenting with their own enclosures at first...rented a fairly large storage space south of Pembroke Rd...then started experimenting/manufacturing their own speakers...and the rest is history. So yes I will and have bought JL's for my speakers and I did get a very good deal on them (and not from JL directly...through Sounds of TriState in Jersey). Overpriced, ok I can agree they are, but they are still great quality and you can find deals on them.

That's awesome!!!

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I'm really surprised there arent more stereo installs posted in this thread... Guess it's just not as popular as it used to be.

I find it funny all the guys that say "That's so stupid to add all that weight" and then they go to their local track and cut 2.2 60's with their bald street tires and blast through the 1/4 in the high 12's.... hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread