Show me your polished engine bays!

99FiveOh

Established Member
I'm going to polish my valve covers and do a tuxedo polish on my Whipple. I'd like to see some other custom engine bays with some polishing work done.. post em up!! :coolman:

badjuicedgt

Established Member
IMG_0522.JPG

not a very good pic and I have no clue why they always turn sideways.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, Shane, that is one GORGEOUS engine bay. Must draw a lot of attention when you pop the hood. :rockon:

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Wow, Shane, that is one GORGEOUS engine bay. Must draw a lot of attention when you pop the hood. :rockon:

Thank you very much for the compliment, Bob. The 'ole JDM shop car needed a fresh look under the hood. It draws some attention at shows, but quite honestly the mineral grey colored Cobra looks completely out of place in a sea of brightly colored show cars, even with the brightwork. I feel like the kid who brought the metallic brown '82 El Camino to shows back in the 90's. You older guys know what I'm taking about. Its good, though, because I get a chance to talk with people who have at least a clue on the terminator. The rest just walk on by. Steg did the polish on the blower and included the breathers, BilletPro Shop supplied the TERMINATOR coil covers, and Mirror Finish Polishing in Missouri did the valve covers. I used Pro Weld Performance for the ARP valve cover bolts. I wanted cadmium plated originals, but had no luck in that effort. The goal was to distinguish/ feature the terminator's engine, while maintaining an overall stock appearance under the hood. Maintenance is nothing more than what any other show car person would do for a non- DD car, blow off the engine bay with air, wipe down, spot polish. Mirror Finish offers a coating that can be put on the valve covers to reduce maintenance. I didn't bother with it, tho. I think it turned out pretty decent and I hope that sharing these pics inspires or motivates others to fulfill their goals on their build.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I could never have a polished engine bay... that's sooo much cleaning haha..

Agreed. When done right they look killer. My pulley setup creates massive belt dust, so I'm cleaning it after every drive. And I don't have anything polished.

Blown38

Established Member
Marauder with the heart of a Terminator. I need to get a new pic out in the sun.

I use Shark Hide from eastwood to coat the polished stuff for zero maintenance besides dusting.

20141114_012718_zpshzsenkcy.jpg

20130329_124154_zpsb5a4135a.jpg

The old 2.3 whipple

16.jpg

15.jpg

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Matt do I need to send you some sandpaper and polishing compound so you can get on that IAC valve? Looks awesome Bud!

93VORTECH

Established Member
Wow these engine bays look sick!! Great job guys. I really wanna do mine up like that, but just spent all of my play money buying my 03' a couple of months ago. Lol
Hopefully next year I can start dumping some money into it. For now it's clean enough and I'm just gonna drive it and have fun. "Would LOVE some helpful hints on getting rid of all that crap on the drivers side of the EATON if possible."

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 296

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Marauder with the heart of a Terminator. I need to get a new pic out in the sun.

I use Shark Hide from eastwood to coat the polished stuff for zero maintenance besides dusting.

20141114_012718_zpshzsenkcy.jpg

20130329_124154_zpsb5a4135a.jpg

The old 2.3 whipple

16.jpg

15.jpg
Outstanding- that's straight bad ass in a Marauder! Its such a treat to see a blower under the hood of these cars. I'm sure its a hell of a ride, too. Thanks for posting this.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I did a little polishing on mine but it could use a lot more, I will say one thing when its clean it looks great keeping it that way is a never ending job. Especially when you run at the track almost every weekend.if you are going to do the valve covers make sure whoever does it is good mine have pitts in them and a couple spots where the chrome is wrinkled. How do I get the pictures from turning sideways.

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

Last edited:

99FiveOh

Established Member
I did a little polishing on mine but it could use a lot more, I will say one thing when its clean it looks great keeping it that way is a never ending job. Especially when you run at the track almost every weekend.if you are going to do the valve covers make sure whoever does it is good mine have pitts in them and a couple spots where the chrome is wrinkled. How do I get the pictures from turning sideways.

View attachment 69608

View attachment 69609

I would do the polishing myself.. no chrome for me. Might just wrinkle black my valve covers to match my whipple and be done. I'm up in the air.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I kind of wish everything that is chrome on my car was black, I would just rather have it that way. That way I think the blue would pop even more or if I wanted to add little bits of chrome with the black it would stand out more but I'm not going to complain it looks good and I finally got the car I have always wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread