Show me your polished engine bays!

TxCobra76

Established Member
I like all the chrome. But I always heard that chrome holds heat. I don't know if that's true. Shanescobra does that affect your ported eaton any? If so I can see how a ported eaton will feel it more than a KB or whipple as its not as efficient. Just wondering.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
I like all the chrome. But I always heard that chrome holds heat. I don't know if that's true. Shanescobra does that affect your ported eaton any? If so I can see how a ported eaton will feel it more than a KB or whipple as its not as efficient. Just wondering.

The only items that are chrome are the two front valve cover breathers. Everything else is polished aluminum. I could see where chrome would harbor heat (after all- its a surface coating), but not polished aluminum. It radiates heat the same, or better than unpolished, painted aluminum (which is another type of surface coating). I did go with Steg's venom cooler gimmick for the front snout. It seems to keep the front area of the blower cool enough to keep your hand on it after hard running. I haven't noticed any reduction in power, but quite honestly- I haven't had it out enough yet to draw any firm conclusions.

black 10th vert

Established Member

The theory with polished surfaces is that they don't have as much surface area to dissipate heat as rough castings.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
Version 1:
IMG_2797_zps5ae752db.jpg

Version 2:
IMG_0874_zps61d13da9.jpg

Version 3 is forthcoming in the next week when the turbo piping and hat is done being polished.

Users who are viewing this thread