show me your garage

aaandht

Established Member
Did you guys have to make special accomidations for the flooring for a lift? As in do you have to lay a thicker layer of concrete down?

Jefe

Established Member
$35k doesn't sound bad at all. I have been thinking about renting out my current house and buying some land and building a house/garage how i want. I saved the pictures of your parent's garage, looks exactly like something I want. Thanks for the info/pics. :rockon:

Let me know if you need to see anything else. I have tons of pics from start to finish

Did you guys have to make special accomidations for the flooring for a lift? As in do you have to lay a thicker layer of concrete down?

At least 5" I believe and they mixed in some chopped up rocks on top for support.We told them before hand we wanted a lift but they said they pour 5" anyways. You can see the rocks in this pic plus re bar throughout

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Mike we had a valuation on the house done last year and they added almost $100k value to the property because of the garage and stucco remodel/ac units on the house. Id say $35k was a steal for the garage

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
this is my little place..its got an apartment upstairs with bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen everything. its not completely finished yet but i'll be moving out there this summer.

001.jpg

011-1.jpg

003.jpg

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
this is my little place..its got an apartment upstairs with bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen everything. its not completely finished yet but i'll be moving out there this summer.

001.jpg

011-1.jpg

003.jpg

That is great, a garage with a living space attached. Gotta love that! :rockon:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member

001.jpg

011-1.jpg

003.jpg

I always wanted to build a 35x60 building with a Mansard roof (barn style) so that I could put a nice sized living space above.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I LOVE your place moparkidd! PM me what something like that costs if you don't mind sharing.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
I always wanted to build a 35x60 building with a Mansard roof (barn style) so that I could put a nice sized living space above.

this one is 44x28, since we have to use floor beams for the second floor, the longest they make without having to put a beam in the middle is 28 or i wouldve went deeper. still a good size living space upstairs.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
If you want some ideas for a garage/shop here are some of a buddy/neighbor of mine. It measures 60X80 I believe and has a 2-level bachelors apartment in the left side...and, a lift!! It's probably on a larger scale than you have in mind but take out the apartment and it should fit the bill pretty well. He had just remodeled the inside when I took these pics about a month ago...after using his lift to lower the L.

100_1916.jpg
[/IMG]

nice leather collection :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread