show me your garage

Imatk

Established Member
@Imatk, I noticed that there is a raised but wider section under your workbench. It doesn't look like a normal garage base curbing. Did you build yourself?

No that's just how they build them here. It's kind of normal for this area. We moved from Houston where I had a much larger detached garage and that was normal for that area. On those they put that raised section on the side and not the front. I prefer the detached garage, but they just don't build them like that in this area so you kind of get what you get unless you live out in the country then you can build what you want.

That's kind of my plan when I retire to have a garage bigger than my house :)

Imatk

Established Member
We had a 79 GTB when I was in high school. Last of the carbureted. It made such beautiful noises but the tuneups were stupid expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The carbed versions are incredible, but yeah they're more expensive to start with and I know absolutely zero about carbs aside from how to clean one hehe. I had to fix my generator years ago after it sat and the gas solidified.

With this one I'm very familiar with the K-Jet fuel system so I can service it myself.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
The carbed versions are incredible, but yeah they're more expensive to start with and I know absolutely zero about carbs aside from how to clean one hehe. I had to fix my generator years ago after it sat and the gas solidified.

With this one I'm very familiar with the K-Jet fuel system so I can service it myself.

The 60,k mile tuneup (maybe the 30k too) required engine removal to replace the timing belt and clutch, costed about $6,000 around 1989. Dad bought the blue one right after that tuneup, sold before the next. I loved that car, damn sexy

Imatk

Established Member
The 60,k mile tuneup (maybe the 30k too) required engine removal to replace the timing belt and clutch, costed about $6,000 around 1989. Dad bought the blue one right after that tuneup, sold before the next. I loved that car, damn sexy

They shouldn't have had to remove the engine for the clutch or belts, both are accessed through the rear wheel well linings. Maybe they had to do some valve replacement?

Mine has to have the valves replaced so the engine will be coming out for that one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No that's just how they build them here. It's kind of normal for this area. We moved from Houston where I had a much larger detached garage and that was normal for that area. On those they put that raised section on the side and not the front. I prefer the detached garage, but they just don't build them like that in this area so you kind of get what you get unless you live out in the country then you can build what you want.

That's kind of my plan when I retire to have a garage bigger than my house :)
Thanks for the reply. Weird. Must be a reason for the width. Up here, the "curb" is only about 6" wide and 4" high. Nice that your work bench fit so nicely on the curb. That allows you to push the bench up against the wall. In my garage, my bench hits the curb and so I lose a small bit of space.

Imatk

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Weird. Must be a reason for the width. Up here, the "curb" is only about 6" wide and 4" high. Nice that your work bench fit so nicely on the curb. That allows you to push the bench up against the wall. In my garage, my bench hits the curb and so I lose a small bit of space.

Well I built it myself so it fits because I measured it that way :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Beyond words! My dream is finally coming true! Been a rollercoaster ride since July. Both parties signed papers.

I'll start a thread when it's officially mine with interior pictures!
af0c0eda3385f2806431766cfaf34451.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, Brady. That's one BIG garage. Congratulations! Definitely post pics!
Thanks Bob, I'm pretty stoked. Cars already put away for storage. Plan is to have polyurea coating on the floors before anything gets moved in.

Has a small office, bathroom, central air and heat.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Bob, I'm pretty stoked. Cars already put away for storage. Plan is to have polyurea coating on the floors before anything gets moved in.

That’s awesome! Congrats! Great choice on doing the floors first

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

In other words, it's pretty much a true man cave. LOL.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
In other words, it's pretty much a true man cave. LOL.
LoL it truly will be. I can't really comprehend how this will be a game changer for me. I've never been able to work on my cars during the winter months here in Minnesota. Coming from a a single stall garage without insulation or heat.

I'll likely never use a car cover again. In time, I will get a 4 post lift, cabinets and workbench.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
LoL it truly will be. I can't really comprehend how this will be a game changer for me. I've never been able to work on my cars during the winter months here in Minnesota. Coming from a a single stall garage without insulation or heat.

I'll likely never use a car cover again. In time, I will get a 4 post lift, cabinets and workbench.

Don't forget the beer fridge....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Yeah, going from a single stall garage with no heat to that will be overwhelming in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread