Show me your coilover setup!

SM99GT

Established Member
I wish i would have seen this thread a long time ago. I have been fighting this issue of soft springs on my CO's for the longest time and not sure what to do about it. All you cobra guys are running some hefty rear springs which add credibility to my proposed solution. Any of yall running the Koni 30 series shocks on your rear CO's? What size spring you running? BTW: I have an 03 Cobra IRS in the rear of my car which is why this applies to me.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i'm looking to do a front coilover setup soon. i'm leaving the rear alone, it has h&r SS's. i'd like to do a MM coilover up front, whats a good setup i should get? any recommendations?

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
I have the MM set up with the brembos just like largeorange. They ride like on rails, but i recently noticed some noise comming from the c/c plates or the coil overs. Its popping over bumps. I need to tear into the front suspension. lol

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
I have the MM set up with the brembos just like largeorange. They ride like on rails, but i recently noticed some noise comming from the c/c plates or the coil overs. Its popping over bumps. I need to tear into the front suspension. lol

Large nut on the strut shaft is probably loose.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
Ya i did try that and its not, everything is tight. But i do see some debris in the C/C plates where it meets the strut. And when you just push on the bumper, u hear a pop.

Its your struts then. Mine were doing the same thing. They also popped when you jacked up the car. I swapped struts and it went away. I'm sending out the popping ones to be rebuilt and revalved. I think it is beacuse I have springs that are on the edge for stock damping and drive the car hard through the corners. It seems to be hit or miss, it happens to some cars but not all.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
what is service kit # 7?

If you are asking if you need a 1/8" wheel spacer with coilovers, the answer is based on the size and offset of the wheels you are running.

Last edited:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but to the laymen... Coilovers not only allow you to control your ride height, but you can also have the car corner weighted and balanced by using the coilovers to shift some weight from one corner to another.

These cars are very nose heavy and you obviously reach a point of diminishing returns, but you can get things much closer.

Here is an example. I have MM coil overs 400/600 on Koni SA's. The car is a pig, but I can't gut it.....partially because it breaks the rules of my class, but also because it is still a street car. It weighs 3844 with me in it and full tank. After corner weighting the car is Left front: 1158....Right front: 1087 Left rear: 840...Right rear: 759.. The cross weight is 50/50, but as you can see there is a bias to the driver's side.

We tried lifting the left side a little to shift more, but that is as far as it would go without really messing with the ride height and suspension geometry from one side to the other.

The car weighs what it weighs.. The three things I have control over the weight of on the divers side of the car is the battery, my drivers seat, and ME.

I may look at weight reductions in all three of these areas. :)

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
375/575 MM coilovers
The ride is a little too stiff for me. I'll be looking for a setup that is a bit more streetable really soon..

2-2.jpg

lightbarHD1.jpg

web-frontside-32308.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread