should we get a freebies thread?

would you like an official freebies thread on the forum?

• yes

Votes: 65 91.5%
  • no

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

mnewxcv

Established Member
I had PM'd 03DOHC and he redirected me here to shoot my suggestion to the community/staff.

I was thinking we should have a freebies thread in the for sale section stickied where people can post items for free(just the cost of shipping). I've seen this on other forums and it was very successful. I would put some disclaimers in the first post, such as no pics in thread, no dibs, only PMing, no discussion of deals in thread to keep clutter down, etc. I'd be glad to start the thread off. If you have any input let me know I'd be interesting in hearing your thoughts.

so answer the poll, would you like an official freebies thread like this?

mnewxcv

Established Member
yeah, I figured somewhere in the classifieds, you could make a new subforum. so far I'm the only one to vote in the poll, I thought it would have stimulated more thoughts than this by now :p

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Is there another section this can be moved to so it can see more traffic? I don't know if it would really be a good idea in roadside pub but maybe there or somewhere else.

Regardless, good idea in my opinion and hopefully it works out for the best :beer:

cashtown

Lawyers, Guns and Money
Established Member
I've got an '04 lightning wheel, very slightly bent with very minor
Rash. Free + shipping.

727Cobra

Established Member
The other thread that was started in Terminator Talk before Christmas took off and is still going. I think having a subforum for this is a great idea and will only help the members to become closer and ultimately make this forum better as a whole overall.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I think this is a great idea, who knows what you will find. I've heard of it on other forums and its usually called a charma thread.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We're working on rolling out a few new things for the market in 2012. A freebie forum will likely be one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread